"I'm looking for a lost companion" on Stable Masters

Read-only since Patch 4.3 is now live.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

"I'm looking for a lost companion" on Stable Masters

Unread post by Quiv »

I did search the 4.3 forum to see if anything had been mentioned about this, but if I overlooked something, feel free to overlook this. Also I know about the stable masters functionality to restore lost companions from quests etc, but there appears to me to be a difference in how it appears on PTR verses live.

Stable masters on 4.3 PTR have this option for hunters: "I'm looking for a lost companion." When you click it, the stable master now becomes a vendor, and so far just has the Pet Rope Leash. Non hunter classes see Stable Masters as vendors with the Pet Rope Leash on PTR 4.3. Maybe stable masters are becoming Breanni like vendors?

I have never had a companion restored, so does this "vendor" option appear when you need something restored? The stable master being a vendor is a static option on PTR, always there.

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Re: "I'm looking for a lost companion" on Stable Masters

Unread post by Sasrei »

*blink* *runs to ptr* the leash worked only for my companion pet. Hmm interesting thing though.. must keep an eye on it.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

The 'lost companion' has always been there. It was for restoring the Non-combat pets that couldn't be gotten again, but that you didn't have access to. Quest pets, basically. It's there on live. Apparently a 'rope leash' just got added by accident as a 'lost pet' somehow?
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

And the fact stable masters are vendors for all classes all the time. May be a mistake.
Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Something tells me that you'll have to BUY the pets back from the Stable Master now, rather than just clicking on the talk thingy and recieving it. >_>