Question

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Saturo

Re: Question

Unread post by Saturo »

Someone check the colours for kodomounts. It is INPOSSIBLE to export a modelhack to others. If a fruitkodo exists, it's skin is in the modelviewer.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I checked the colours, no fruit salad kodo there.

I took this from wowhead.com.

We know we can't tame demons or undeads, so the choice is very narrow.
The beasts in VH are untamable?
Unless there is some mob unknown to those databases, we're pretty lost.
The green skinned in Undercity are supposed to only be there when you play the Battle for Undercity, Wrath Gates last quest.
Ryai wrote:Don't bother with VH, just got Rosa in there and nada. Not tameable, and tagged not tameable for beastlore.
Have you been on BM-specc when you checked?
Attachments
table01.gif
table01.gif (20.61 KiB) Viewed 617 times
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I do believe that if a beast is tamable as an exotic pet, Beast Lore shows it as "Tamable (Exotic)." Meaning you can see if it's tamable regardless of whether or not you're a beast master at the time.

And, in the unlikely event that somehow, somewhere, one of the blue mage hunters got bugged and became a tamable mob, I will say this...remember what happened with Garwal, the Grimtotem Spirit Guide, and the Crocoslime/Hydralisk. If we weren't intended to tame it, it'll be hotfixed/patched so we can't. If I happened to find this as-yet-mythical blue beast...I personally wouldn't let anything I have go to try and tame it. Best case scenario, you'd get to keep it as it is, making more people "QQ" about yet another skin that is no longer tamable or available...worst case scenario, it'd be Garwal all over again. And people are still steamed about losing their worgenwolves all these months later.

In other words...if it's legal, huzzah. If it's pretty obviously a bug, I wouldn't get overly attached to the idea. But I should think if it was legal, someone other than one single hunter would have found it by now.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Not to sound rude but all my hunters on Hellscream are BM. UNLESS I state otherwise the hunters I use are to be assumed as BM specc.

It's not a case of them being tagged as exotic or not, they are simply not flagged as tameable nor are they tameable.
Someone check the colours for kodomounts. It is INPOSSIBLE to export a modelhack to others. If a fruitkodo exists, it's skin is in the modelviewer.
As i said it was a hack and I saw it and others saw it, but I lost the SS as my first computer went the way of the dodo [virus/trojan Vundo just nasty bugger really] I did show it to Ariamodasu but she's not made an account here and she's most likely forgotten as it was a year or so ago.

As I also said it's just a case of word of mouth and you have to believe me when I said I saw a fruit salad colored kodo :| orange, lime, lemon and watermelon markings.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

This is the green skin of the model.

Maybe those are tamable? They, according to wowhead, are only available in the Battle of Undercity an might be tameable, who knows.
And they sure can be mistaken as blue, can't they?

But then they are labeled as "demon"...

Oh, I don't know! :evil:

Edit: I logged in on my hunter and started searching.
Then I thought, while flying, why not give it a try and ask a GM via ticket.

After a little "can't tell you" and "look in dragonblight" she (Yep, a lady who played hunter herself!) told me that, as far as she knows, there are no blue magehunters available for taming and I should go get the red one in Zul'Drak. She even acknowledged those in VH as definitely not tamable.
I told her this wasn't about taming, this was about keeping the petopia database up-to-date.
She knew petopia and we talked a little but this settles it for me.

Either the lights have played a trick on Aeriika (which would clarify the "tamed in mumbledrak" because it actually was the red magehunter or this was a hoax to let us all get excited for nothing.

I stopped looking because I believe that GM and that wowhead database.
Attachments
greenone.gif
greenone.gif (14.68 KiB) Viewed 617 times
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*drools on the green puppy longingly*

I've checked all the puppies before; we only get the red ones. Most of the others are demons. :(

Since my dear Cerberus is the red model, I can confirm that he can look greenish in certain instances. I can't think of which instance he would look like the blue model in offhand, though.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Aeriika
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Farstriders, Shadow Counsel, Nesingwary
Location: Stuck on an island in the middle of nowhere being chased by this big black smoke

Unread post by Aeriika »

The dungeon was UK in HF where I saw the beast in question. As for everyone who fears being trolls. I WOULD NEVER troll anyone. I had a legit question. This was the only time I had ever seen this, hence why I asked. I have been a regular poster to these boards for a few months now and do actually take offence at someone assuming I am playing a hoax or trying to troll the boards. I never said it was a tameable skin. I didn't know, that's why I asked. I have only ever seen this hunter with it. My thought was that he had hacked it because he was NOT talkative about it and most Hunters are more then happy to share info with other hunters. Again. THAT is why I asked here, because I have found this the best source of information. As for my slowness to reply (which leads to the Troll theory.) I have had a really sh**y week losing a neighbor that was like family to me as I was growing up. (Which, thank you Mania for the condolences). I can assure you, I am NOT trolling. I will ask my fiancee and see if he managed to get a Screenshot and post it up if I do.
"It's not the size of the DOG in the FIGHT, but the size of the FIGHT in the DOG!" - unknown
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Although hacking your own files will not let others see your edited creatures, there are graphics glitches where your client can load the wrong texture for something. That sounds like where the fruit salad kodo may have come from.

But I am also thinking of a case that I vaguely remember in which hunter A had a perfectly normal pet cat, and hunter B saw that cat as having an untameable skin. (This led to some confusion with hunter A when hunter B was very excited over a perfectly normal cat, if I remember correctly. ;))

Anyway, something like this might have happened here. Certainly there are many things in WoW that are barely dreamt of in our philosophies, so let's not get too aggressive with each other, eh?

I'm impressed, though, with the depth of digging that's gone on in the thread. We should be well ready for investigating new beasts in Cataclysm!
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Mania wrote:I'm impressed, though, with the depth of digging that's gone on in the thread. We should be well ready for investigating new beasts in Cataclysm!
Yes. You have trained us well. Soon, I shall take over this site, and WASH THE WORLD IN BLOOD!
*Maniacal laughter*

Wait... Did I say that aloud? I... Uhm... I didn't mean it...?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

@ Aeriika:

Don't be offended.
Either the lights have played a trick on Aeriika (which would clarify the "tamed in mumbledrak" because it actually was the red magehunter or this was a hoax to let us all get excited for nothing.
That's why I had this "or" in this sentence.

It wasn't meant offensive, but some people do have a strange kind of humor.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I know this has already been asked, but do you remember anything about the hunter's name, like what letter it started with? Might be a long shot, but if we found the toon in Armory, we could check what mob he actually tamed. I remember this was used when everyone was trying to figure out about Garwal.

Assuming you were playing on Farstriders and doing randoms, they would have to be on the battlegroup Emberstorm. That's still a lot of hunters, but a fraction of all the hunters around the world. :D

And for the record, I never really believed this to be a joke. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss and hope that you're okay. *hugs*

Edit: Have some bad news, guys. I ended up starting to circle the red skin's area in hopes of finding a blue one amongs them all, and noticed something I've never realized before: the red skin has some blue glow in its feet. At some angles these things look like they were blue even in Zul'Drak. Going to take one of these to a couple of instances to see if they look even more so there.