Fly around or camp one spot?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
The huntress
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Fly around or camp one spot?

Unread post by The huntress »

Which is better do you think? I am camping Skoll right now then wanna do loque but wondering what the best way to do it is.

Tasêr

Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Re: Fly around or camp one spot?

Unread post by Foru21dr »

For me, I could not sit still that long. I've never really done a long camp before, but when I hunted for Skoll, I would fly each area when I first signed on, and then before I would sign off. I lucked in to catching him that way. Even if I decided I would do a full camp, I would move to each spot every so often just in case he came up in an area that I was not at.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Skoll, I did circles since they were all relatively close to each other. Loque I did research and chose one of his most common spots, sat there, and checked every hour for him. Loque I got MUCH quicker doing that way, but it could just be luck.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Agreed, For Skoll, they are relatively close, so fly between them, I usually Go from the Cave, to Bor's Breath, to the Disk, then Bor's Breath, then Cave. Rinse, and Repeat. And loque, I'd do what Azu did. After giving up for Loque, I realized that the circles I did, well... They basically made me HATE Sholozar, which is a shame, b/c it's one of the more beautiful zones in NR. And Loque will now have to wait, b/c i can't stand going into Sholozar... even for the dailies... =/ But, as someone who hasn't had the luck to tame any of them, take my advice with discretion... >.<

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Well several have mentioned that spawns on spirit beasts are as such:

15/20 before - after the hour i.e.

Skoll spawns at 3:15 - despawns at 3:30
Loque spawns at 5:45 - despawns at 6:00

This is fairly accurate, so you're not flying around mindlessly for hours & only hit his spots between those time frames; as I've done so & almost fall asleep at the keyboard... course those camps were on little to no sleep or a pillow on my keyboard to rest my head on <DEDICATION> lol... spawn time on Skoll seems fairly accurate at 19-22hrs as well.

Anyways.... GL on your hunt; you'll get him...or her. :mrgreen:
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
slic123
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Balnazzar

Unread post by slic123 »

Azunara - what would you consider Loques most common spawning point? ive been flying around in circles for a year now, and still no luck...

-Slic

Fantasy is all you need
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I found that most people found him at the cave spot a little bit northeast I believe of the lowest right tower. It's between the patch of brown with a cave....and another patch of brown. Give me a bit and I'll look it up. But yes, it's where I found mine, it's highly recommended, and it has the most sitings.

EDIT:
Go go wowhead!

Right: Coords say 65.0, 79.6 is the good general area. You'll see a cluster of 5-6 gorillas; you'll know you're in the right spot. You should be able to see the wasps and the river, I believe.

Coords:

65.0, 79.6
66.1, 79.4
65.0, 77.0
66.0, 77.2
67.0, 77.8
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Most people I know who have him found him by the giraffes south west of the flight point.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

I myself found Loque hanging out with his Gorilla buddies. I camped that spot, and did BGs. XD
That spot, and near the river by the flight point are the two most commons spots he spawns at, from what I gathered.
Unless you have fast flying, I believe camping between these two spots is the best bet for him.

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

I like to stay in each spawn point for 20 minutes and then move to another. While im moving to a new spawn I check all the other spawns again.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

If he had but one spawn point I'd camp.. But with multiple spawns points; well, you never know for sure if your choosing the right spot to camp or not.. I would say the most popular camping site for camping him, is above Brunnhildar.. But if you wish to fly, get a fast mount..

Loque is one that spawns all over, I've seen twice alive by the northwest corner of Shalozar, never seen anywhere else.. Good Luck!!

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed