The Pet Debate Corner

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Re: The Pet Debate Corner

Unread post by Redith »

HYDRA HYDRA HYDRA
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYDRAAA!!!

Some of the dinosaurs could be cool too
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

This is a terrible debate thread. Everyone is just agreeing! :lol:
ahnalia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Drak'thul/Feathermoon

Unread post by ahnalia »

I'd like to see zevra's, stags, rams, giraffe's and shovel tusk be added to the tanking pet class.
I'd love to have a shoveltusk boar tank for me.
And why not wild wind riders and griffons?
In fact, I have always wondered something.. paladins and a few other classes get a built in mount right?
Why can't hunters tame their own mount?
(In the spirit of roll play) let me get this straight.. I can tame the pet to kill for me, tank for me, and even DIE for me.. but I can't convince a pet to let me ride it? Makes no sense :P
Serahna (85 Hunter (Horde) - Drak'thul
Ahnalia (85 Hunter (Alliance) - Feathermoon
Autumnrose (60 Hunter (Alliance) - Feathermoon

Dedicated Beast Master Hunter/Pet Nerd Extraordinaire and permanent member of "Pet Tamers Anonymous"
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Acherontia wrote:This is a terrible debate thread. Everyone is just agreeing! :lol:
ROFL!

And on that note...

OMG, I didn't even think of shoveltusks! I'd love to have one! XD
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

These are all great guys! I have been sitting on a few things and ruled a few things out

Hunters cant tame Ele/Demon/Dragonkin in next x-pac /SUPERSADFACE.
BUT
On the mention of Warlocks there is a new Grimoire (Spec'd into) coming out with the new x-pac. Let me give you what blizz has mentioned on it.

•Grimoire of Supremacy
Instant
You command stronger demons, replacing your normal minions. These demons deal 10% additional damage and have more powerful abilities.
Spells Learned:
•Summon Fel Imp
•Summon Voidlord
•Summon Shivan
•Summon Beholder
•Summon Abyssal
•Summon Terrorguard

I am not sure what the new mechanics of these demons are but it seems like Warlocks are going to have a lot of fun in MoP. It appears they dont have a replacement for the Felguard. /discuss

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Oooooo. That sounds awesome, Laz. Might actually have me leveling a warlock. Seems like a neat BM-esque Demonology talent, which could be very awesome.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Lazurianis wrote:I am not sure what the new mechanics of these demons are but it seems like Warlocks are going to have a lot of fun in MoP. It appears they dont have a replacement for the Felguard. /discuss
The Terrorguard mentioned in the end is a Wrathguard (think Arix'amal in Hellfire), so the only demon not changed into something else is the imp (which could with being re-made into a Gan'arg).
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Whoa, are they finally giving warlocks new shiny things? About time. xD

...But I still can't name my demon. ONE DAY BLIZZ YOU WILL GIVE IN AND LET ME NAME IZZIKRILL MAXWELL.
Anisadora
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Anisadora »

wyverns. I dont care if they go to an existing class like chimeras, or if they get their own class. (Though, would be awesome if they got their own class.)

If you wanna whine about horde vs alliance bias, make gryphons and hippogryphs tamable too. But I've wanted a wyvern since I first saw them.... I've always loved manticores, and they look just like one.
Anisadora
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Anisadora »

ahnalia wrote:I'd like to see zevra's, stags, rams, giraffe's and shovel tusk be added to the tanking pet class.
I'd love to have a shoveltusk boar tank for me.
And why not wild wind riders and griffons?
In fact, I have always wondered something.. paladins and a few other classes get a built in mount right?
Why can't hunters tame their own mount?
(In the spirit of roll play) let me get this straight.. I can tame the pet to kill for me, tank for me, and even DIE for me.. but I can't convince a pet to let me ride it? Makes no sense :P

I've always thought it'd be awesome if we could use our pet as a mount, a la tyrande whisperwind. But it could be because i adore my Loque and would find that so epic.
Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

I so, so, so want to tame a Hydra!

Other pets....

Basilisks would be awesome tanking pets.

Shoveltusks would be neat. They're not so different from rhinos!

I'm...iffy on Zhevras and Stags to be honest. I prefer to see them as a mount than a pet. A tameable mount maybe?
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I am hearing also we aren't getting many new shinies in the next x-pac. But eh, we will continue to hope XD

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
felren
Realm: Aegwynn-US

Unread post by felren »

I think a Seal would be a great addition to the Tenacity tree, I mean there has to be a reason for all that blubber besides warmth, right? If they're exotic they should have a reflect move, where a random enemy attack is reflected back to the caster, due to its blubber.

We have no real aquatic pets besides Crocolisk and Crabs, so I think we are in need of one more.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=37741
JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

I get what you are saying about seals but I've only seen them in Azshara :p and they are not attractive looking haha! I might have missed them elsewhere ofc but perhaps if they were found in more places with different skins they could be more viable. I do agree with the blubber :) and that we need more aquatic pets. I'd love one of the sea turtles and not the mount one, the actual turtles found in Vashjir. It's one of my gripes that there is a turtle family but they all look like Tortoises. On land they could get a bubble like the sea pony and Bloat, a more transparent one though.

I really think Basilisks, low lying snakes, kodos/shoveltusks/clefthoofs should be implemented into the obvious families of Crocolisk, Snake and Rhino as they have either the same model or one which is very close to the family they should belong to.

I'm not a fan of Giraffes or Gazelles enough to want to tame one but I am fond of the stags and from questing in Darkshore as a low levelled nub I know first hand how strong they can be! Talbuks in the same family would be nice, they both have substantial head gear to do some damage.

I don't like oozes at all so wouldn't care for them being tameable.

As for Gryphons/Windriders. I think Gryphons look too noble to be tamed. What I mean by that is they look like the type of creature that needs a great deal of trust and a strong bond with it's partner before fighting for them. You see them in Twilight Highlands fighting for their Dwarf masters but they were born and raised in that place, they work as a mount because if you're attacked with too much damage they can just dissapear and get out of harm but to fight and die for you I think it would take more than a simple tame beast. If you've read Harry Potter you'll know about Buckbeak and the other Hippogriffs, (not a Gryphon or even in the wow universe) you saw the trial the students had to go through to earn their trust to so much as touch one and it's that kind of thing I imagine with a wow Gryphon/Windrider.
Also an ally taming a windrider or horde taming gryphon just seems off to me.

Demons? They should stay with Warlocks. We could get demons but I highly doubt locks would get a beast option so it wouldn't be fair. Then if that did happen the classes would be a bit mixed up and the only indication to who plays what class is the gear and the magic/arrows that come flying.

Oh, can I has flying pet who flies next my flying mount when flying please? Seems a shame that my Aotona and Banny are banished when they could still be at my side.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

JezzebelPop wrote:Oh, can I has flying pet who flies next my flying mount when flying please? Seems a shame that my Aotona and Banny are banished when they could still be at my side.
God, yes. I had Derelict out with me today for the first time in forever--err, that's my diseased/undead awesomehawk--and found myself really wishing he would stay out and fly with my drake!
Demonicow
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Demonicow »

i think there should be a fly to for flying pets that allows you to send your pet far imagine for a sec your in molten from and someones gonna tag a rare spawn send ur pet over ther tag it and tada i believe that all dinosaur pets pterodactyls stegosaurus and maybe if possible new dinosaurs that havent existed before all stags talbuks clefthoofs etc should be tamable no fen striders only those that stands to reason that could be tamed normally hydras seem like a challenge so id say exotics but either way hydras would be on the #1 list and i think hydras should continue to have their heads fight against each other from time to time because i find it very funny and i guess people would like to see that well atliest i would and give them a move that lets them hit 3 targets at once call it Three-Headed-Strike #2 would be fairie dragons they are cool and i think it would be better to see fairie dragons as a hunter pet it wouldnt really be for gameplay just a lil something to have like foxes also i dont think demon dogs should be in the family for dogs but have more diverse dog breeds and maybe have a seperate family for demon dogs or something
"Y’know, Taurens are born hunters. You ever see a Tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a Tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings."

"Five curses and spite live in each gnome this truth cant be ignored, the best way to get rid of a gnome is to throw that Gnome Overboard.""

Armory
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I agree to the flying pet idea.

― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Arcanimus
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mal'Ganis

Unread post by Arcanimus »

I don't know why, but at this particular moment I'm desiring more Insectoid pets.

Tamable nerubian spiderlings: Think the flying ones from Borean Tundra, in the same family as normal spiders

and a families:

Swarms - Non-exotic
Instead of a traditional autoattack, the entirety of their damage will come from their increased range and damage basic attack.
Their family ability would be either "Hive Mentality" granting the effect of Trueshot Aura, or "Fortitude of the Swarm", granting the effect of Power Word: Fortitude.

As for appearance, think a cloud of bees roughly the size of a gnome or goblin, about shoulder height at the highest point on a tauren.

and for an Exotic: Void Hounds
THey would have a mid-low cooldown interrupt+silence, and a self/hunter only magic, curse, and disease consume ability, along the lines of devour magic. These beasties i'm not 100% sold on, as they would be deeply infringing on warlock territory, as that's even where I'm ripping the abilities from, but even so: the abilities are warranted for hunters.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ooo, I like the idea of a swarm pet! So are you saying their basic attack would be a mild AoE?