Once again I will ask.....Is there anyone out there that can keep the addon alive? It works now, but eventually it will stop working. I for one would lose a great deal of the bond with my pets without this addon. Please, if you can, consider helping. I would love to but I just don't know how. In case you missed it, the person who wrote this is done with WoW and the addon. All I ever did was help with writing emotes for her. I don't know code from a hole in the wall....
Anyway, I have some other not-so-good news for you. I'll quit my account again in the middle of October.
I have played WoW for about 5 afternoons since February. I just got bored after 6 years doing the same quests and I don't want to pay for it anymore just to log in once in a while to say hello to the remaining 2 people I still know. Oh, and I play Minecraft now.
So, it will be impossible for me to test PetEmote after I quit. I'm pretty sure that I will not want to resume work on PetEmote, if I ever play WoW again... too many other things to do, you know. I was thinking what to do and the best would be to find someone else who will keep this addon alive. Someone speaking English preferred, because there is nearly no PetEmote community in Germany like yours here. (Also there are not half as many German emotes). So I think it wouldn't be too bad if support for German clients ends at this point.
So maybe you know someone who
- basically knows how to code WoW Addons with LUA, no GUI skills needed
- can write full English sentences with less then 1 spelling mistake
- has Visual Studio 2008 or 2010 (Express should work too) and knows how to work on Windows Forms with C# (this last point is for the PetEmote Editor, not for the addon itself, but it should be the same developer if possible)
- has some webspace to host the downloads or knows how to use Curse (I don't
), though I don't know if Curse would want to host the Editor for security reasons
- has enough time and is willing to play WoW for the next 3 years or so
- is playing a hunter with all his heart and maybe warlock, dk or mage
Some IT student would be great.
Also I always had the idea to re-invent the Editor as a web application for full support on all systems - might be a very fine project for someone who likes that kind of things.
I will release the Editor as Open Source the next days as zipped Visual Studio Project and additionally as Subversion dump. The code is rarely documented in German, but it is well structured and uses 100% English wording. There's no license or something, put it on Creative Commons if you like, but keep my name somewhere in it and don't sell it.
If we find someone who takes care of this nice piece of work, I will try to answer as many questions as I can (or want), but I will not help coding.