SW:TOR Twi'lek Question

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

SW:TOR Twi'lek Question

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm just curious - are Twi'lek lekku markings supposed to be light in color? The reason I ask is because I made mine with the black stripes, because I thought they were pretty. However, all of the Twi'lek NPCs I've seen so far have light-colored lekku markings which makes me think that they're all supposed to be light like that, instead of dark. Things like that do bother me for some reason, because I want to be correct. I've already restarted this character a billion times because I kept finding things I didn't like (she's changed names, races, etc.). I want to just make a character I'm happy with, and I was happy with this one, until I got to the Twi'lek village on Tython and saw their markings are all light. x_x I don't know why I'm so freaking anal.

Opinions or info are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: SW:TOR Twi'lek Question

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Twi'lek's or "space sluts" (truely they are can't go into a place like a hutt's krib or brothel with out them :lol:) come in SO many colour variations (Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, tan, pink, white, striped and dark gray are all in lore ) but in most of the games,movies and cartoons they don't have markings so it's proberly just tatoos or something and not infact naural markings unless they are the striped kind.

Some are knowen to tatoo things like eyebrows etc as they don't have body hair apart from eyelashes so they couldbe like that.

Edit: did some research and some Twi'leks would cover their lekku with elaborate tattoos so I'm sure they could be any colour! Your proberly have not met one yet. Doing that would be painfull seeing as lekku are part of their brains XD Darth Talon had dark markings so your all good! She was a sith tho.

Sorry I'm a Starwars buff and I do like dem space sluts.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

No, that helps! I'm sure there will be another Twi'lek somewhere with dark markings. I just thought they were prettier than the lighter ones (on my dark-skinned Twi'lek, anyway), I didn't give any thought to whether one hue was "correct". : /
Attachments
Screenshot_2011-12-26_02_35_03_966164.jpg
Screenshot_2011-12-26_02_35_03_966164.jpg (525.41 KiB) Viewed 2404 times

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

The dark markings go well with yours! :D
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

-cries- I want to play this game so damn bad.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Twi'leks are not "space sluts" by choice. They're sold as slaves and they'll do what it takes to survive. Anyone remember Oola? - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oola - Defid a hutt and died for it, its a sad life really - .. Original topic! Rhyela your perfectly fine! The lighter markings on leku are most likely natural but many a twi'lek tattoo their leku and make it beautiful such as the lovely lady you have there <3 My favorite twi'leks do! One is even an npc in game, they do this to improve their appearence and make themselves more beautiful.. See reference pictures

Vette -http://images.wikia.com/swtor/images/9/ ... rances.png - This shows the different appearences for Vette. Shes a loudmouth and sassy but I love her, note most of them have darker markings! Especially the one bottom right which brings me to...

Darth Talon - http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images ... n_LECG.jpg - Sith twi'lek massive lady crush on this one :lol:

But yes, your perfectly fine xD!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

The lighter markings are proberly not natural seeing as theres only one skin tone that has markings and that's the striped kind. Yes SOME Twi'leks are sold as slaves but their culture values sexualty very heavly. Hence why females wear tight clothing and males do not. Not just slaves hun so alot are space sluts but slavery to most of there kind was a good thing as it saved them form there harsh land and infact most loved being slaves :lol: they are a bit of a odd race XD
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Vulpixen wrote:Twi'leks are not "space sluts" by choice. They're sold as slaves and they'll do what it takes to survive. Anyone remember Oola? - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oola - Defid a hutt and died for it, its a sad life really - .. Original topic! Rhyela your perfectly fine! The lighter markings on leku are most likely natural but many a twi'lek tattoo their leku and make it beautiful such as the lovely lady you have there <3 My favorite twi'leks do! One is even an npc in game, they do this to improve their appearence and make themselves more beautiful.. See reference pictures

Vette -http://images.wikia.com/swtor/images/9/ ... rances.png - This shows the different appearences for Vette. Shes a loudmouth and sassy but I love her, note most of them have darker markings! Especially the one bottom right which brings me to...

Darth Talon - http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images ... n_LECG.jpg - Sith twi'lek massive lady crush on this one :lol:

Why does Vette have so many variations, out of curiosity? I'm only level nine, so I haven't gotten a companion yet and don't know much about them. XD

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Alot of them do dye their skin. Alot dye their skin red as red skin is the rarest from of skin colour in the race. Blue being 2nd.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

cowmuflage wrote:Alot of them do dye their skin. Alot dye their skin red as red skin is the rarest from of skin colour in the race. Blue being 2nd.
lol, can't tell from playing this game. All the players seem to pick blue and red. Now I wonder if I should have gone with a different skin tone, because I'm tired of seeing blue twi'lek females everywhere. Oh well. I'm level 11 now and I am NOT restarting again. x_x

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Rhyela wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Alot of them do dye their skin. Alot dye their skin red as red skin is the rarest from of skin colour in the race. Blue being 2nd.
lol, can't tell from playing this game. All the players seem to pick blue and red. Now I wonder if I should have gone with a different skin tone, because I'm tired of seeing blue twi'lek females everywhere. Oh well. I'm level 11 now and I am NOT restarting again. x_x
You didn't go green?! :o

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

What colours can you be in the game for them? I did not get to make my own toon when I played on my mates copy she would not let me XD I'd get a red one knowing me red's pretty on them.
Kalliope

Depends on which faction you are. The color options change slightly, though some overlap.

YouTube Edition

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I assume the red skins on the sith side? The two Twi'lek siths in lore that I know of are both red XD. Fits them.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

On the Republic side, there is dark blue, olive green, turquoise, regular green, light reddish-orange, and yellow. The males have three different hues of red, dark blue, turquoise, olive green, green, and yellow.

And I know Kalli, I normally would have gone with green, but I just figured I'd do something different for a change. I admit I'm kinda hoping they do character re-customization someday so I can change it up a little, try to be a bit more unique. I hate looking like everyone else. x_x Oh well.

Kalliope

*nods to Rhy* I wanted purple myself, but it's not a Republic option. :/ Still, the green works for me. :) Twi'leks seem pretty rare on my server, so I'm unique that way; guess that's not the case on yours. :/

YouTube Edition

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

They do happen to be one of the more knowen races in all of Starwars up there with Wookies and Jawas and the like. I can see why there could be lots.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Rhyela wrote:
Vulpixen wrote:Twi'leks are not "space sluts" by choice. They're sold as slaves and they'll do what it takes to survive. Anyone remember Oola? - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oola - Defid a hutt and died for it, its a sad life really - .. Original topic! Rhyela your perfectly fine! The lighter markings on leku are most likely natural but many a twi'lek tattoo their leku and make it beautiful such as the lovely lady you have there <3 My favorite twi'leks do! One is even an npc in game, they do this to improve their appearence and make themselves more beautiful.. See reference pictures

Why does Vette have so many variations, out of curiosity? I'm only level nine, so I haven't gotten a companion yet and don't know much about them. XD
She has so many different options because she is a companion character. Like all companion characters she has different skins you can acquire, these exist so while everyone whos that certain class may have Vette, but not everyone has the same Vette. And Twi'leks at least females imo are pretty rare on my server. I was going to go twi'lek myself but figured since there wee so many of them I'd go human. :lol:

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I've allways found humans to be odd in Starwars. Like they come from all these totally differnt planets yet they all look the same XD No slight mutations or anything :lol: you'd think there would be.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

If you're a Twilek Sith Inquisitor, your skin color actually will change the more and more "dark" you become.

One of my guildies was a bit upset about this change since they liked the color they originally picked (i told them to play nice and it would fix it)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~