Kura's TLPD Camp Journal..YAYYYYYY!!!!

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dath'remar

Kura's TLPD Camp Journal..YAYYYYYY!!!!

Unread post by kurasiaa »

Hello, I've been browsing these forums for about half a year now, always a good read when I'm bored =P.
Thought it was about time I joined in on the fun =D, like most of you here; i too enjoy collecting rare pets and mounts.

My first post is going to involve some of my unfortunate luck tonight =(.

I have been camping The Time-Lost Proto-Drake on and off ever since i first heard about him in WotLK. I would camp for a few weeks, then take a break for a few months or so; and then return when i felt up to the challenge again. During my last camp a few weeks ago i managed to miss 3 TLPD's, the first one being killed by a botter, and the last 2 being found dead. I've read a lot of you here get these mysterious 'feelings' about rare spawns. I also tend to get this feeling too, more then half of the rare pets obtained were found due to this mysterious..magic =P. But any who, both 2 of the times i had found TLPD dead i had gotten the feeling, but pushed it aside... i was soon payed for that when i finally gave in and sent off to Storm Peaks. This of course resulted in the excitement of NPCscan going off! And then the sudden disappointment of targeting a dead shiny dragon =(. After this I'd had enough so i decided to take a break for a bit.

Early last week however the spark to start up a new camp had come back around =P, and so it began, several Vyragosa's but no sign of Mr Time-Lost. I often got the urges to rush to Storm Peaks, half the time they were right ( finding Vyragosa freshly spawned) and the other half they were wrong. Today i had killed Vyragosa around 5:49pm...I felt really good, I felt very very lucky for the next spawn; and so I prepared for a big camp. I started from about 9:40ish ( 4 hours after the last kill just to be safe.) Time past and i began to feel excited. I'm into drawing so i decided to start drawing a proto-drake, which i of course colored the same as TLPD =D. It was going on to 12:30am and i my sister had gone to bed so i decided to hop on her computer ( not in her room =P) and logon to her account. I then summoned one of her characters to the Brunnhildar spawn point, the only one in which i wouldn't see a spawn. I fiddled around for about 10 minutes assuring that the NPCscan alarm would sound correctly and fix the caches. This wasn't necessary...when i eventually hopped back on my main and began to fly back to my camping spot... NPCscan went off for TLPD! I was so excited, but when i targetted him i saw his name grayed out and his health dropping =(.
A night elf druid whom I'd never seen in Storm Peaks during my camping time, was killing him =(, i felt so sad.
I had been so close, but because ide chosen to be extra secure on the spawn points I'de missed out once again.

I guess this is just a post to vent a little, but it really did help =P, maybe I'll get to know some of you Petopians too while im here!

Data for this camp so far, spaces between each session:

27-11-2011- 5:49pm- Vyragosa- Waterfall spawn.
27-11-2011- 12:19am- TLPD Waterfall. 7 and a half hour re-spawn.

29-12-2011- 5:25pm- Vyragosa- Bor’s Breath spawn.
29-12-2011- 10:55pm- Vyragosa Brunnhildar spawn. 5 and a half hour re-spawn.

30-12-2011- 1:55pm- Vyragosa Ulduar spawn, approximetly 2 hours from start of camp.

31-12-2011- 12:42pm- Vyragosa Brunnhildar spawn, approximetly 2 hours from star of camp.
31-12-2011- 9:34pm- Vyragosa Bor’s Breath spawn, 8 hours and 52 minute re-spawn.

1-1-2012- 9:25pm- Vyragosa Bor’s Breath spawn.

2-1-2012- 1:01pm- Vyragosa Ulduar spawn, approximetly 2 hours from start of camp.
3-1-2012- 1:38am- Vyragosa Bor’s Breath spawn, 12 hours and 37 minutes since last sighting.

3-1-2012- 4:10pm – Vyragosa Waterfall or Ulduar spawn. Approximately 6 hours from start of camp.
3-1-2012- 11:15pm – Vyragosa Bor’s Breath spawn. 7 hours and 5 minute re-spawn.

4-1-2012-10:50am- Vyragosa found dead at Waterfall.
5-1-2012-2:18am – Vyragosa Brunnhildar spawn point.

5-1-2012- 1:23pm- Vyragosa Ulduar spawn point, approximately 3 hours from start of camp.
5-1-2012- 10:53pm- Vyragosa Brunnhildar spawn point, Exactly 9 and a half hours since previous kill.

6-1-2012- 1:25pm- Vyragosa Ulduar spawn point, approximetly 2 hours from start of camp.
6-1-2012: 5:30pm- Vyragosa Waterfall spawn point. 4 hours and 5 minutes since previous kill.

7-1-2012: 3:54pm – Vyragosa Ulduar spawn point, approximetly 5 hours from start of camp.
8-1-2012: 2:33am- Vyragosa Bor’s Breath spawn point. 10 hours and 37 minutes since previous kill.

8-1-2012: 9:57pm- Vyragosa Bor’s Breath spawn point. 11 and a half hours since camp begun.
9-1-2012: 3:30am- Vyragosa Waterfall spawn point. 5 and a half hours since previous kill.

9-1-2012: 1:27pm- Vyragosa Brunnhildar spawn point. Roughly 10 hours since the previous sighting.
9-1-2012: 9:43pm- Vyragosa Bor’s Breath spawn points. 8 hours and 16 minutes since previous kill.

10-1-2012: 11:55am- Vyragosa Bor’s Breath spawn point, 20 minutes of camping.
11-1-2012: 2:30am- Vyragosa rumoured spawn.

12-1-2012: 1:11am- Vyragosa Ulduar spawn point.

12-1-2012: 1:03pm- Vyragosa Bor’s Breath spawn point. 11 hours and 52 minutes since last sighting.
13-1-2012: 12:00am- Vyragosa Ulduar spawn point. 10 hours and 57 minutes since previous sighting.

13-1-2012: 11:43am- Vyragosa Bor’s Breath spawn point. 11 hours and 43 minutes since previous kill.

14-1-2012: 9:40am roughly- Vyragosa Brunnhildar spawn point, killed by a camper friend.
15-1-2012: 1:20am- Vyragosa, Ulduar spawn point.

15-1-2012: 11:23am- Vyragosa, Brunnhildar spawn point. 10 hours and 20 minutes since last kill?
15-1-2012: 7:53pm- Vyragosa, Waterfall spawn point. 8 and a half hours since previous sighting.
16-1- 2012: 2:00am- Vyragosa Brunnhildar spawn point. 6 hours and 7 minute since last kill.

17-1-2012: 12:33am- Vyragosa Ulduar spawn point, approximetly 14 hours since camp begun.

18-1-2012: 5:00pm- Vyragosa Waterfall spawn point.

19-1-2012: 2:51pm- Vyragosa Ulduar, spawn point.
19-1-2012: 7:20pm – Vyragosa, Brunnhildar spawn point. 4 and a half hours since previous kill.

20-1-2012: 3:24pm – Vyragosa, Brunnhildar spawn point.
21-1-2012: 3:30am- Vyragosa unknown spawn point, 12 hours and 10 minutes since previous kill.
21-1-2012-8 to 9am roughly - Vyragosa rumoured spawn point, 4 hours to 5 and a half hours since previous.
21-1-2012: 2:40pm - Vyragosa, Brunnhildar spawn point, 5 hours to 6 and a half hours since previous sighting.
21-1-2012: 11:05pm- Vyragosa, Waterfall spawn point, 8 hours and 25 minutes since previous kill.

22-1-2012: 1:20pm- Vyragosa, Ulduar spawn point.
22-1-2012:11:51pm- Vyragosa, Waterfall spawn point, 10 and a half hour re-spawn.
23-1-2012: 5:41am- TLPD unknown spawn point, 5 and 50 minute re-spawn.

23-1-2012: 5:41pm- Vyragosa, Bor’s Breath spawn point.

24-1-2012: 2:55pm- Vyragosa, unknown spawn point.
24-1-2012: 10:00pm- TLPD!!! Miine!! 7 hours and 5 minutes from previous Vyra!!
Last edited by kurasiaa on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 am, edited 10 times in total.
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Re: Big mistake =(

Unread post by Snowbird »

Aww.. bad bad luck!! but u should really not quit! :D i did camp Aeonaxx for 3 months i think. i camped frist for 4 weeks then took a break for a few months. I met a friend wile camping. Who had camped since Cata came.! HE had camped for 5 months. The first week i started camping again a Aeonaxx spawned. And the second i was gonna mount him my friend came, and i give him Aeonaxx. ! So it went 2 more weeks without seeing anything. Then the week after the last patch came he Spawned! :D and i got him!! :D So never give up friend!-- And welcome To the Forum! Ur gonna like it here!! :D:D

I will start camping TLPD soon to i think :D:D<33

Signature Made By Senenith

kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Snowbird!, read many of your posts =P
Hehe yeah, I've met quite a few nice people during my camps too, there was a nice warlock who also missed the spawn last night..He told me he was on Facebook, sounds just like me =P.
That was a nice thing to do about Aeonaxx too =D, I've been having trouble deciding what to camp haha, so in-between Vyragosa's I've ended up juggling between Aeonaxx and the Camel Figurines...11 fakes so far, ended up renaming the fake camel ID to 'Dud' now on NPCscan =P.
Not sure if I'll give TLPD another go today, but I think I just might, I remember a guildy coming on late last night and i told him about what happened, He said to keep trying so I think i might =). May even think about making a TLPD journal perhaps.
Also thank you very much for the welcome, i will enjoy it here =D!
kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Oh, also i mentioned in my first post about how i drew TLPD while waiting for the spawn, my guildy made a little joke about it; which i found quite amusing. He asked me if I had drawn my character next to it...I had not =P, and this was 'our' reason as to why I didn't get it hehe. I'll add my character in today and see what happens >:)
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

Hey Kura, welcome to the mount section of petopia :3

Don't give up, and you'll have to show us your drawing. ^^
My drawing myself didn't bring me any luck, but Rongar's sig did.
I hope you find Time Lost before 2012 <3

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Hello Nili, thanks =)
I'll definitely think about posting the drawing up when its done. I lost interest in it last night after what happened, but Im now feeling determined to finish it. =D
Zuilu

Unread post by Zuilu »

Welcome to Petopia!

That really sucks, and I've been in similar situations myself :c one time I just had a killer urge to check on Aeonaxx, I just felt like it was up..only about 30 seconds after zoning into Deepholm, NPC scan blares for Aeonaxx, but he was tagged. :c
kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Thanks! =)

Aw yeah that's unfortunate =(, its a strange thing these 'urges', it feels as though you just KNOW somethings there. I've had it with a few of the Mysterious Camel Figurines this week. I usually follow a certain path each time i do a lap of Uldum for them, but earlier this week i had a massive urge to west instead; toward the Ahkenet Fields ( i think that's what their called lol. This resulted in a blaring from NPCscan, but more crumbled dust aswell D:.

Also, I'm currently camping TLPD now, sitting my main at Bor's Breath, and my sisters toon parked over near Brunnhildar. My drawing is almost done too, so I'll get it up soon =D
kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Got a night elf stacking on me =(. Usually if someones already in a camp spot I'll move to another, but I don't think this one has any plans to do so D:. Makes me feel a little edgy, need to be more alert since I'm drawing at the same time.
kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Drawing complete ;D

Last edited by kurasiaa on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

OMGOMGOMG!! that drawing is insane!!!! :D Can u draw one of Aeonaxx to me?? ^^ omg its so amazing!!<3333333

kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Eeeee thanks =D! funny you should mention Aeonaxx, was already planning on drawing him next =D.

Also an update on my camp. Still here but nothing yet, not even a Vyragosa. Will be happy to see something soon so that I don't feel like I'll miss out on any spawns during tonight's raid. There was some nice campers here today, but i came across quite an awful one =(. He began chatting to me this morning, he sounded rather sad so I did my best to cheer him up. Eventually he stopped talking though, and about an hour later he had a random angry burst at me D:. He started calling me all sorts of things such as 'heartless' D:, and he started to say that i was a dude pretending to be a girl. No idea what caused him to do that, but I still found myself trying to be nice to him. Made me feel a bit bad at the time but i got over it , he ended up leaving Storm Peaks.

(May have to turn this into my TLPD Journal if i continue to update the camp =P.
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

ehhe aww. yeah u will meet some idiots:D and i cant wait to see the next drawing

kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Hehe yeah I'll survive =P, I'll let you know when i start the next picture; Its exciting to have finally joined the forums =P

EDIT: Still no Vyragosa's =( , I'm actually really longing to see her, been about 7 hours since i started for today. Bet there was a spawn right before i logged on =P.
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

kurasiaa wrote:Hehe yeah I'll survive =P, I'll let you know when i start the next picture; Its exciting to have finally joined the forums =P

EDIT: Still no Vyragosa's =( , I'm actually really longing to see her, been about 7 hours since i started for today. Bet there was a spawn right before i logged on =P.

yeah its a good Forum! :D

kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Yeah =P, was meaning to ask, for Aeonaxx did you want him to be the color of the mount, or the actual mob himself in blue?
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

kurasiaa wrote:Yeah =P, was meaning to ask, for Aeonaxx did you want him to be the color of the mount, or the actual mob himself in blue?

of the mount! ^^

kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Big mistake =( - Now known as Kurasia's TLPD Camp Journa

Aeonaxx drawing on its way and an update on the camp -
Camped from 11:30am till raid time last night ( roughly 8pm.) 0 Vyragosa's D:, although I'm really grateful for who ever invented NPCscan =P. Such an awsome addon despite those 'near heart attack' moments the alarm causes haha. Definetly wouldn't be able to last such long hours if I had to stare at the screen spamming /target macros =P.
Any who, today I decided to watch Rise of Planet of the Apes for the first time, i think it was pretty well done =P. during the movie I received an inbox from a friend of mine, he had told me he was camping Storm Peaks to keep an eye on spawns. Very generous of him =) I told him he didn't have to, but he insisted =P. Exactly what I had needed too, since I hadn't seen a single spawn since the TLPD sighting. My guess was that there would be some spawn around 5:20 - 5:30pm ( On my server that is a very common time for them.)
reaches 5:25pm *new inbox* " Vyragosa spawned!"
Quite happy about that, back on track with the spawn timers now thanks to my friend =D! Also means i can raid in peace tonight without worrying about missing anything. To be safe I want to try get back to Storm Peaks at around 9:30, the 4 hour mark ( 4 hours is the lowest time I've seen between spawns.)
Only need to kill the 2 half's of Deathwing tonight, so if everyone shows up and all goes smoothly I should have a nice big camp to do =P. * begs the gods of RNG for a shiney dwagon*
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

^^ hihi! yeah the npcscan alarm is insane. when my Aeonaxx spawned i was asleep. and i had my speakers on. I jumped up from bed and was with the computer in seconds! :D so amazing addon!! :D:D and i cant wait to see the Aeonaxx drawing!<3

kurasiaa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Hehe yeah, I remember one time when I was camping Loque'nahak I'de left NPCscan running and gone to play with the cat. heard the alarm go off, I recall doing some sort of ninja leap over the couch haha! Successful tame ^.^.

Another updaaate-
Finished Deathwing off quickly tonight, was happy and rushed right off to Storm Peaks to resume the camp ( right at the 4 hour mark this was.) Right as i got there however, I hear ' Ohh yes let's all go to Firelands!" on vent...And so that's what I had to do =P. Was feeling a bit fidgety at the 5 hour mark and wanted to hurry and finish the raid =P. A new friend I had met the other day while camping( Now added on Real ID) asked me if I'd like for him to go check for any spawns, so i eeee'd and said sure ;D. He found another Vyragosa. Was pretty nice of him to do so, if he hadn't have checked; I would have gone and camped after the raid for nothing as she would have spawned about an hour before arriving.
Because of this it means no more camping for tonight =P, though I'll have to try track down the spawn timers tomorrow again D:.