What's your Skyrim class/toon(s) make up?

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

What's your Skyrim class/toon(s) make up?

Unread post by Gimlion »

I know there is a Skyrim thread already, but I've decided to make a new thread asking this question: What is your toon's playstyle?

For example, I have a Thieves Guild Master, Stormcloak, dual-sword and bow-and-arrow fighting, sneak-thief Khajiit.

I also plan on making an Empire-Supporting, Light Armor wielding, Hunter extraordinaire Bosmer (Wood Elf),
a Heavy Armor bearing, Two-Handed, Stormcloak, Companion's Orc
and Rebirthing my original mistakingly deleted toon, a Empire/Aldmeri Dominion-supporting, pyromancing, Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold Aldmer (High Elf).

How about you guys? What are your characters like?

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: What's your Skyrim class/toon(s) make up?

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I only have one character. I haven't figured out how to have more then one. :oops:

My girl is an argonian and is just a brute! :lol: She's an outfit collector though. So any new outfit is looted and stored. I even have falmer armor. lol

How do you have more then one toon?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Well the way I accidentally deleted my High Elf was by starting a new character. I play on PS3, so idk if it's different for PC, but I just save to a new slot everytime I make a hard-save. This is to counter Skyrim's Autosave system which automatically saves over the previous autosaves, regardless of character. So, I have nearly 50 or so saves on my PS3 for my Khajiit, but it's worth it to not lose another character.

This also helps for making new toons in the fact that you should be able to load the "Prisoner" file if you don't overwrite it, bypassing the horribly long and tedious carriage ride at the beginning. Basically, when I want to make a new character, I load the "Prisoner" File, then when I hard save, I save to a new file each time. If you don't have a "Prisoner" file, Back up your current character if you can, and also load him and save to a new save slot (again, idk if this is how saves work on PC). Then go back to the front menu and choose "New", this unfortunately starts you at the carriage ride, but should allow for another character. Then, if for some reason you previous character gets overwritten (though with an actual hardsave it shouldn't) then you can bring it back from the back up of it.

If constantly making new files eats up your memory, you can certainly start deleting early on saves that you don't need anymore. I haven't reached this point yet, but I'm sure I will eventually.

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

I have a Khajiit. I havent played THAT much because I've been busy, but I'm planning to make her an archer...if that is even a class. I still havent beaten the first part, so that's how much I dont play.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I was playing it steadily for a while, but then SWTOR came out and I got a little sidetracked. My lady is pretty much like yours, Gimlion. I'm a Khajiit female in the Thieves Guild (Nightingale yeah!), and possibly Dark Brotherhood (still unsure whether I want to be an assassin or not, even though I love the assassination finishing move). I mainly dual-wield daggers and use a bow and arrow on occasion. I haven't picked a side yet, though. I was originally going to go Stormcloak, but apparently Nords hate other races, so I don't know if I really feel like helping them. :lol:

I would like to someday make a heavy armor-wearer as well as a mage.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I may try making another character. Just nervous I'll screw it up and lose all my progress. Can anyone provide screen shots of the process?

My Argonian gal is a Stormcloak. I won't give spoilers but holy crap it was really cool. I'd love to see what happens imperial side. Right now my girl is more just like a warrior. But she is very versed in the arcane and is a serious lock picker and pick pocket.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

All you do is press Esc > Save > New save(I think) and it'll save your current character's data as something such as: "SKYRIM 16." If you're worried about accidentally overwriting then just hit new save twice, you'll have e.g. "SKYRIM 16," and "SKYRIM 17." I mostly rely on quicksaves and autosave if I accidentally screw something up. (Although once you restart I find that you don't really have much desire to play the old character.)

Mine is a Male Khajiit; archery, sneak, lockpick, restoration, enchanting. I'm going for heavy armor on the hands and light armor on everything else, gonna disenchant those + unarmed attack damage gloves and then enchant them onto a pair of heavy gloves, then pick up the heavy armor perk which adds unarmed damage equal to the glove's armor rating.

I'm using fist on the MH and healing spells on the OH, but once I get the two One-handed "fury" perks i'll probably go with double fists. On top of that, I need to find a decent dagger for sneak attack damage.. My guy is head of the dark brotherhood, i'll probably finish up with the theives guild next but I never did finish doing the companions quest chain on my old character... (Oh, and I modified the game files so that I could turn a dark brotherhood initiate into a khajiit and then marry her - so I have an assassin-kitty for a spouse.) xD

I also went stormcloak, but there's just too many negatives for me to want to choose either side. I disagree with the Imperials but the Stormcloak missions at the start made me feel like a massive asshole! XD

I'm downloading Oblivion right now, seeing as how I went straight from Morrowind (back in 2003) to Skyrim.. and also because i'm a complete sentimental retard, playing skyrim actually makes me kinda sad.. It takes place 200-ish years after Morrowind/Oblivion, and all my favourite characters/fan characters would be long since dead. *sadface* XD

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Feli, I suggest doing this quest: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Pieces_of_the_Past and obtaining Mehrune's Razor. It's a Daedric Artifact dagger that has a chance to instantly kill on strike. Very effective, as even if the proc doesn't occur, it's still one of the strongest damaging daggers in game, and has been proven that the proc works on pretty much anything, including Dragon Priests, Blood/Frost Dragons (has worked for me for both of these), and even Alduin himself.

Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

That's a pretty nice-looking dagger. I'll have to go and get it! xD

Also, have you guys been keeping an eye on that Skyrim-Online site? I forgot about it for a while but looks like they're slowly starting to make some progress. Kinda wish they could disable the console and have character saves stored on a server to prevent cheating, though. That'd be pretty cool.

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931