Rant Thread

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Chimera »

@Miyon: Today was the first day in at least a few months that hes hacked up solid food tho, and yea we stopped giving him B12 a long time ago when we decided that there was just no point to keep giving him something that seemed to have no effect on him. Vets closed tomorrow, i'll have to try that second vets office to see if they're open. Im wary of how expensive it could be tho, vet products are like 3x the price of the grocery stores products which are pretty much the same unless its medicated food or stuff that only vets are able to sell and till i can get some work doing presentations which probably will be far too late for lucky by then, i cant afford to buy any products from the vet and stepdad refuses to spend another dime on their products after he found out that half the stuff they give us we can get at the grocery store. But things like vitamins and supplements can run an absolute fortune and with an unknown timeline on him, we cant afford to juggle our money on something frighteningly expensive only to have a quarter of it used and then not knowing what to do with the rest of it. It might be something that we dont need to take ourselves an then that pretty much leaves a big hole in our pocket.

@Senna: I love my tablet, my wrists are absolutely horrible so it pains me to draw and color with a mouse (coloring can take me an entire 8-10 hour day if i have to scan a picture i drew on paper)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Senna:

If it's any help whatsoever, it took me a good year and a half to have ANYWHERE near proficiency with my tablet. I kid you not, when I first used it, it looked like a four year with crayons decided they were going to draw a picture. It just takes a crapton of practice, I swear. And for me, it's either tablet or trying to use my crummy mousepad on my laptop to draw, which is sort of suicide. I have no idea how the hell you can manage to draw with your mouse.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Azunara wrote:Senna:

If it's any help whatsoever, it took me a good year and a half to have ANYWHERE near proficiency with my tablet. I kid you not, when I first used it, it looked like a four year with crayons decided they were going to draw a picture. It just takes a crapton of practice, I swear. And for me, it's either tablet or trying to use my crummy mousepad on my laptop to draw, which is sort of suicide. I have no idea how the hell you can manage to draw with your mouse.

Once you get used to a tablet you wont ever want to go back to a mouse. So much easyer XD
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Im calling it. Lucky just violently hacked up black liquid that smells so foul that even tho the rug is soaking in the tub, the carpet that got stained washed and the room sprayed down with frebreeze, i can still smell the liquid. He has become very nauseated since then and extremely wobbly. Ive been crying for the past hour at least, whenever it was that stepdad and i finished cleaning up the mess and i feel completely wrecked.

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Xakaal wrote:Im calling it. Lucky just violently hacked up black liquid that smells so foul that even tho the rug is soaking in the tub, the carpet that got stained washed and the room sprayed down with frebreeze, i can still smell the liquid. He has become very nauseated since then and extremely wobbly. Ive been crying for the past hour at least, whenever it was that stepdad and i finished cleaning up the mess and i feel completely wrecked.
I'm so sorry :( :hug:
Last edited by Miyon on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Sherlock whyyyyyyyyyyy

@Xak - that's awful, I'm so sorry. I recently lost a pet as well - the pain will fade but that doesn't make it any better right now.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Finding out someone I NEVER once thought would or could actually get bored of Pokemon... Has gotten bored of it. Never once for the time I've known him (Which, in all honesty, is only like.. nearly two years?) did I think that would happen. And now I don't even know what to do. Not only am I slightly freaked out over the actual thing... But, I.. Have a hard time talking about ANYTHING besides Pokemon. I'm just not interested enough in ANYTHING other than it to do so. And now.. I don't have anything to talk about with someone I've considered one of my best friends. I know it sounds silly, but a part of me honestly feels betrayed... I know people move on, but I've had to deal with people moving on for the last YEAR. I've lost contact with some of my friends cause they've moved on and aren't interested in the same thing as me anymore. And now this just adds to it. I KNOW I sound like I'm complaining, and in truth.. I guess I am. But.. This is something I never really thought would happen. Maybe I've been deluding myself into thinking, or hoping, that nothing is gonna change, but I just.. don't know what to do now. I can't even comprehend it, or what I should do now.
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Hes gone now.. cause of sickness, a slow growing tumor inside his intestines. Vet gave him a physical and found a irregular mass between his kidneys that was half the size of my fist. I held him till the very end.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

*Hugs Xakaal*
My heart goes out to you.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Tufak
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tufak »

*hugs Xakaal as well*

/rant

Earlier today you said 'I should get out the ground beef so I can make burgers tonight'. I took that as the fact that you would do so. Instead, when I asked you if you were going to make dinner later on you replied 'No, because you didn't get out the ground beef'.

I'm sorry, but I tend to assume that if you say you should do something, then you will do it, and that's not code for 'go do this because I'm too lazy to do it myself'. At least I got together food enough for the twins, even if I'll likely have Ramen again tonight.

/endrant

/rant

No, I'm not actually sure if you're unbanned from attending events that my guild hosts. The condition was your learning to behave yourself and from what I've seen, you haven't learned to do that. You're still acting passive aggressive and whiney at me no matter how much I try to be polite to you. I'm giving you another chance though, but if you decide to start picking fights at my events -again- when they're -supposed- to be teaching new roleplayers how to handle basic interactions, not having their characters picked to shreds and verbally attacked because your character is an asshole, then you will be banned and the ban will -remain- this time.

/endrant

Where characters come to life...
http://homelyletters.livejournal.com/
My dragon babies: http://dragcave.net/user/Tufak

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Xak, I'm sorry...*hugs.*
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Rubywashere »

Im really sorry Xak, im not sure what to say myself on the matter all except that I feel so sorry for you
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Theres a "wildlife park" up north that well the bank owns now and they are going to put down all the big cats in the park unless they can find a place for them soonish. I wont go into too much about the former owner but he's a total dick he likes to be called "the lion man" :lol:. The cats are all fancy ones no "normal" big cats only White tigers,White lions and Barbary lions ( Did not know they are extinct in the wild O.o)

Anyway Auckland zoo (nearest zoo and the zoo I go to as I live in Auckland) said they wont take them and I think Christchurch and Wellington zoo can't take them allso. Anyway people are up in arms saying the Auckland zoo should take them but theres a few good reasons why they can't and it's pretty simple really even I know them!

A) Theres no room. Auckland zoos pretty big but they can't build new enclosures as theres no room (only a park beside the zoo and it's a historic park)

B) They can't put them with the lions and tigers the zoo has. It's simple really the zoo only has African lions (the every day type if you will) and can't and wont mix them with the White and Barbary lions. No zoo wants hybrids.
We have 3 tigers 1 mum 1 dad and 1 of their cubs( 2 where sent away) the adults are split up in to cages as they are breed stock and people are saying one should be used for the white tigers but they can't. The Zoo's tigers are Sumatran tigers and are the smallest in the world and the Wild life parks are White Bengal ones so they can't mix them up.

C) All the parks big cats are DECLAWED AND DEFANGED. I can understand doing that for a pet cat but a fucking tiger? and rare lions? Only an arsehole would do that. You can't mix them with any zoos cats as they would get killed by the cats with claws and I don't know no zoo that does declawing. Allso these cats are going lame becouse of there declawing (they can't handle food well)

So people you need to shut up about it. Zoos can't just take animals and quite frankly I think putting the cats down is the best thing. They have pretty bad heatlh problems and who wants to see a declawed and defanged lion? That's just sad and more so that these are rare ones.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Naruto is confusing me.. Whenever I stop reading for a while, I always bookmark the link, including sending it to myself on facebook or email, and I always write down the book number, chapter number and page number. Why do I not understand crap of what's happening? Why is he alive again, and why is he only remotely mindcontrolled?

Edit; Fuck life. I have no lunch now, because my entire salad spilled out in my bag. Ofc, I could just go and buy a new one, but that would be wasting money, and would leave me lunchless tomorrow.
Last edited by Miyon on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Thanks guys for all the sorries, i know there isnt much that can be said.

Now that the horrid ordeal is done and over with and i can start recovering from it i can move onto another problem ive been having.. insomniaaaaaaaaa.... sure its only started when Lucky fell really ill but its persisting... ive always had trouble with insomnia but im finding myself going to bed at 3am or later on a regular basis (even the nights where lucky was doing fine and i had no reason to stay awake other then the fact i was wired like a friggin battery). Ive taken something to help me sleep so i'll be logging for the night in about 10-15min when it takes effect but until i can get my routine back on track i dont expect i'll sleep well for a while at least.

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

cowmuflage wrote: B) They can't put them with the lions and tigers the zoo has. It's simple really the zoo only has African lions (the every day type if you will) and can't and wont mix them with the White and Barbary lions. No zoo wants hybrids.
Actually, this is a little wrong. First of all, white lions are, as far as I know and have been able to find out, not actually a separate species. They are just a rare (but becoming not so rare in captivity) colour morph of regular lions (Like how panthers are actually just a colour morph of jaguars that are all dark/black). As such, "hybrid" wouldn't really happen. Also, if the Barbary lion is actually a Barbary lion (quick web search shows that purebreeds may actually be extinct), apparently there are breeding programs out there that are trying to take the "most pure" Barbary lions, so those with the most authentic Barbary lion genetics, to sort of resurrect the species. So while you wouldn't want unplanned breeding with any random lion, if it weren't for the "maiming" (how I see declawing and defanging something like that...) it very well could have been entered into a breeding program if the genetics were suitable.

Now, that said, your other two points are MORE than valid... If a zoo doesn't have room, it shouldn't take them. And there's no WAY these animals should be put in with others in their condition. Some level of fight and play is natural, and without it's defense mechanisms, the other animals will likely "learn" that they can pick on those ones. As sad as it is, from what little I know, I have to agree that euthanasia sounds like the best option...

On that note.. it makes me REALLY angry to hear that people would do that to such beautiful animals like that. Really angry. And it's likely places like that that give zoos a bad reputation for all those "animals deserve to be free!" activists... There ARE some reputable zoos. But... These things aren't pets... Don't make them "safe" because you don't have staff that knows how to ACTUALLY care for them or be around them..
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Impulse
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tichondrius US

Unread post by Impulse »

Miyon wrote:Naruto is confusing me.. Whenever I stop reading for a while, I always bookmark the link, including sending it to myself on facebook or email, and I always write down the book number, chapter number and page number. Why do I not understand crap of what's happening? Why is he alive again, and why is he only remotely mindcontrolled?

Edit; Fuck life. I have no lunch now, because my entire salad spilled out in my bag. Ofc, I could just go and buy a new one, but that would be wasting money, and would leave me lunchless tomorrow.
Why do I not understand crap of what's happening? Why is he alive again, and why is he only remotely mindcontrolled?
Which character are you talking about?
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Impulse wrote:
Miyon wrote:Naruto is confusing me.. Whenever I stop reading for a while, I always bookmark the link, including sending it to myself on facebook or email, and I always write down the book number, chapter number and page number. Why do I not understand crap of what's happening? Why is he alive again, and why is he only remotely mindcontrolled?

Why do I not understand crap of what's happening? Why is he alive again, and why is he only remotely mindcontrolled?
[spoiler]Don't look further down if you haven't read that far[/spoiler]

Just mark the text below to see.
I'm talking about Asuma.

Impulse
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Tichondrius US

Unread post by Impulse »

Miyon wrote:
Impulse wrote:

[spoiler]Don't look further down if you haven't read that far[/spoiler]

Just mark the text below to see.
I'm talking about Asuma.
I can give you an explanation for that.

*Spoiler alert*

Basically he was one of many shinobis reanimated with Impure World Resurrection summoning technique. When Kabuto reanimated shinobis including Asuma he gave them "auto-pilot" mode to fight but left them with personalities and memories before they died for psychological warfare purpose. But strong will and sway of emotion can resist such control which is why Kabuto was forced to remove personalities completely on some, or even take control over them directly.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Miyon »

Ah, I understand now. They beat him though, and I'm glad to see he kept his personality. His final words moved me. :P