Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 4: Monkeys!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 4: Monkeys!

Unread post by Wassa »

Former threads:
1) Moths
2) Warp Stalkers
3) Crocolisks

Random pet family appreciation thread is where I roll a random pet family every week for everyone to share their pictures, their stories, their love for that pet family. Please no hate or rants. This is an appreciation thread. If you dislike the family, don't post! Hopefully with some love we can get some hunters to try out new pets they never would have thought to tame before.

Our fourth family is the curious monkeys!

Image from WoW TCG.

Ok Petopia. You proved me wrong when I thought hardly anyone tamed moths. Prove me wrong with your beloved monkey pets.

Monkey facts

~Monkeys are a new model and tameable family introduced in Cataclysm.

~Monkeys have four different skin colors.

~Monkeys have no rare members.

~Monkeys have no unique skinned named members.

~Can't decide on which monkey skin to tame? A few monkeys are color changers.

~Monkeys are the only pet family with a blind for their special ability. This makes them popular PvP pets. The blind used to not break on damage, but this has since been hotfixed.

~Darkmoon Monkey is a minipet monkey that wears a fez. Bananas is another minipet primate from a TCG loot card that looks similar but has a slightly different model than tameable monkeys in game.

~Curious Jungle Monkeys from Zul'Gurub hoot when clicked on, even after taming.

~Mining Monkeys from Deadmines used to carry their axe after taming. This has since been hotfixed.
Last edited by Wassa on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Re: Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 4: Monkeys!

Unread post by starkittens »

ok, I tried a monkey, I don't really like their skeleton. Looks, off. Nothing like a real monkey. The ones with the axe, looks off too. I'm glad they fixed it. They are good for PVP, but not much else...

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Oh why couldnt it be gorillas.. :lol: i must say, the blue money in the background of that picture looks different then the rest of them. Im not really one for ity bity skinny but i wouldnt mind trying that skin on a future goblin hunter

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I'm just going to come out and say it...
I don't appreciate the monkeys. ^^; They're animations are just... so bad. :(
I sort of like the grey monkey, but it's just.. the animtion. x.x I can't have one. >.<

Also, Bananas is a baby gorilla, not a monkey. It's Darkmoon Monkey which is the pet. :)

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Xakaal wrote:Oh why couldnt it be gorillas.. :lol:
That was the exact same thing I thought when I saw this thread lol. But I am going to try a monkey now on my Alliance hunter just to see how we click!
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

I tamed a monkey the moment we could and I was all excited for him Was a grey one named Frankie. He just didn't click with me. I really wanted to like him too. The way they move around is just.... eh. If they changed it I may be tempted to retame Frankie.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

TheDoomcookie wrote:Also, Bananas is a baby gorilla, not a monkey. It's Darkmoon Monkey which is the pet. :)
Oops. I'll fix this!

EDIT: I'll keep Bananas in here too. Nothing I see says he's a gorilla, besides that he comes from the King Mukla card. WoW TCG website calls him a monkey. I'll just call him a primate.
Last edited by Wassa on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Sesamee »

Meet Lorenzo! I figured I'd give a monkey a try since I love gorillas so much and just snagged this little guy out of Deadmines. My first impression is that he is cute and adorable in the ruff and gruff sort of way. It's similar to my hyena, Sancho Panza. Hyena models are so lacking and in need of an update desperately but there is something that I find appealing about that. Sancho has grown from being a raid buff pet only to one I have an actual fondness for. I'm not sure how Lorenzo and I will fare but I find him a lot more endearing than I thought I would.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

starkittens wrote:ok, I tried a monkey, I don't really like their skeleton. Looks, off. Nothing like a real monkey. The ones with the axe, looks off too. I'm glad they fixed it. They are good for PVP, but not much else...
TheDoomcookie wrote:I'm just going to come out and say it...

Not to be a pestilence police or anything.. but these appreciation threads are ONLY for possitive feedbacks rigth ? Sorry for the quoting there but i feelt it was like a negative vibe from those post. My appoligies if i understood it wrong, and i dont want to hang anyone out to dry, it just cougth my eye.

--

Anyway

Meet Mimosa, a sweet girl which i absolutly adore :). I know her color dosnt match with the booze she is named after but the named just clicked with her :) And i found out that i dont care if the booze color match my pet, as long as the name clicks with me :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I put off getting a monkey for the longest time, and then finally tamed a brown one on my Worgen. Every time I bring out Goodall, she makes both me and my other half laugh with delight. Don't know why, but she's just fun!
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Tårnfalk wrote:
starkittens wrote:ok, I tried a monkey, I don't really like their skeleton. Looks, off. Nothing like a real monkey. The ones with the axe, looks off too. I'm glad they fixed it. They are good for PVP, but not much else...
TheDoomcookie wrote:I'm just going to come out and say it...

Not to be a pestilence police or anything.. but these appreciation threads are ONLY for possitive feedbacks rigth ? Sorry for the quoting there but i feelt it was like a negative vibe from those post. My appoligies if i understood it wrong, and i dont want to hang anyone out to dry, it just cougth my eye.
Oh no you have a good point! I should have thought about that before posting that, hehe.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

This is the ONE pet I was most looking forward to in Cata. A monkey. Named Diddy. Who threw bad things at people and blinded them. I mean- WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT!?!?!?!?

I remember day 1 of Cata launch, I bee-lined straight for that little underground instance to solo and get my Diddy. Shockingly, it retained the mining pick!

I think my SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE could have been heard across the nation.

At any rate, he died eventually, and lost his mining pick. I was so depressed. He lost his character. I frowned. A lot.

...and abandoned... I don't do well with backsies ><; even if not intended

Hmmm. I may go get another Diddy on Rosa just b/c I miss him so much <3

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Zinzil, my baby Troll needed a monkey. You can't have a Jungle Troll without a monkey can you now? Image Tkashi is a mischievous little thing and suits her very well.

However, the great love of my monkey life is Amber, my Goblin Lazuli's happy girl, the colour-changer she picked up on the Lost Isles and has traveled and used extensively on her long quest to 85. She is the only reason that this hunter uses the glyph that makes pets smaller, as I want my Amber to be as small as possible. Story-wise when Lazuli and her fox Pearl were shipwrecked in a remote corner of the Isles, this monkey started as a sort of "guide". She showed Laz a way to adapt and survive. Brought her food and brought her to places of interest. When the time to escape the Isles came, the two were already inseparable and they decided to continue their journey together. This is a pet that makes me smile so much. The one that seems to make most people happy during dungeon runs. That triumphant insane screech as she charges into battle has brought on many a "Go, go Power Monkey!" from random pugs. She has tanked dungeon bosses on several occasions after a tank has gone down, and is a pet I always feel I can "trust" if you see my meaning. She's also a great conversation starter, as people will constantly comment on how cute she is. I love my Amber.