Fan Art & Creative Writing resource thread.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Fan Art & Creative Writing resource thread.

Unread post by cowmuflage »

This thread is where you can find helpful resources for art. Tutorials,concepts,anatomy,model sheets etc all things that can help you become a better artest. Every one can beifit from this even YOU! You might not be the best or you might be good but you can allways be better.

This thread will have links to tutorials to help you get better at drawing,Photoshop,anatomy and other things.
It will have links to sites that have model sheets. Have you wanted to draw a fanart of someone but can't find a good pic to use as refrence? Model sheets are the best thing for that seeing as it's what the animator/comic artest uses!
Concept art can help you get a feel for a game,comic,show and so can be helpfull

One major rule feel free to add something to this list if you think it could be helpful BUT PM me it DO NOT post it here in this thread as it will make it messy and harder for people to find it. I KNOW people wont read this and do that anyway as thats what people here do but PLEASE try not too post it here this does not mean you can't comment here tho

Mania will make this a sticky so it wont get lost in the other threads so that you can find it easyly.

Tutorials
PSG art tutorial A basic tutorial that covers all the basics
polykarbon tutorial This has alot of helpfull tips too.
utilizator tutorial NSFW This ones really good! I made it NSFW as it's on hentai-foundry.com theres nothing rude about the tutorial its self but if you click around you will see adult stuff. hentai-foundry.com is a good site for this kind of thing think of it as DA but for hentai BUT with QUALITY CONTROL! and it's a good one all the stuff i've posted theres been rejected >.>
Preparing scanned lineart for colouring - avoiding white pix NSFW another Hentai-foundry.com one title tells you what it's about
http://radhowto.blogspot.com/ a site full of How to's
Mr. Stick man vs. the contour approach This helpful
The art center Cstoryboards) This is a helpful stie full of helpful things
The art center (animals) Again have a look thru this site very helpfull stuff!
Last edited by cowmuflage on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Re: Fan Art & Creative Writing resource thread.

saved for space
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

saved for space
Nimae
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist

Unread post by Nimae »

Hey! I'm writing with a tutorial request, if anyone is able to find one or knows of one. I've been searching for a while and have been unsuccessful thus far...

I've been commissioned to draw a new logo containing the portrait of an historical figure. The organization will use the logo for its website / publications / paraphernalia. I've been brainstorming, and am considering making a portrait using smaller drawings, where the different objects are arranged to resemble the portrait when viewed at a distance (if that makes sense). I also have a couple of other ideas in the works, but would like to attempt this as an example when presenting to the organization. I've seen a couple examples of this form of portraiture in the past, but never found the term for it. Does anyone know of any resources / guides for carrying this out? Thanks! :)

Thanks to Xakaal, Kurenio, Vephriel, Serenith, Sookie, Rongar, & Mossed for the amazing sigs (rotating), and to Serenith & Sookie for the (rotating) avatars!
Dragon Cave: My Scroll! ••• Ghosts of Christmas Past Lineage Project