The pressure's on, and then I fail.

pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

The pressure's on, and then I fail.

Unread post by pengupuff »

I'm not terrible at pvp. I don't do arenas, but I've dabbled in rated battlegrounds a bit, and in normal BGs and Tol Barad I can usually kick quite a bit of ass. However, a lot of my friends are way more serious about pvp than I am, and when I group with them and queue up for BGs, I feel like I have to prove myself. This pressure culminates into me playing about as well as a blind, retarded monkey (no offense to any blind, retarded monkeys out there). And then I feel all embarrassed (probably not necessary, if these guys gave a shit they probably wouldn't keep inviting me).

Do you guys ever do this in-game? Break under pressure?

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: The pressure's on, and then I fail.

Unread post by Sarayana »

Haha, all the time. I have a buddy that loves to pvp (he also has a rare gift to not let it bother him in the slightest when he dies, whether in pve or pvp, so that helps) and he keeps bugging me to try. I loved healing WG back in Wrath, but Tol Barad just doesn't do it for me... so we've hit some BGs. Well. They hit us, to be more accurate. Man, I top death charts every single time. I'm supposed to keep him alive but I just flail. :? ... and die oh, 3-4 times for each death he has. :lol:

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Personally I find PVP too stressful to bother with on a normal basis - once in a while if there's something I *really* need from it, I'll deal with it, but otherwise it's just not something I find fun.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I'm lucky enough to have the mindset that character death = reset, rather than anything to stress about. In the BG game, death is cheap and you have infinite lives (bounded only by res time and BG duration). In many battlegrounds, death doesn't even affect who wins or loses directly; the ones that it does count are Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest. Otherwise, all it costs is that it removes you from play for a penalty period. Even in those two, it only really makes any difference if the match is very close.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

It's definitely a matter of logic vs gut; logically speaking I know it's nothing to get stressed about, the guy who ganked me is behind another computer screen halfway across the planet probably already busy with the next fight, and I'll never run into them again, I know.

But at the gut level, dying in PVP just reminds me of all my assorted alts waiting for mogs, leveling, etc and so it's more a matter of "I *could* get used to this... but there's higher stuff on my priority list."

/salute @ those who are able to keep PVP in its proper perspective and not stress out about it tho! :)
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

character death = reset
Back when I did pvp on my hunter, I treated my deaths as my mana regen (so you *know* it's a while back!! :D) and pet res. I don't generally get stressed about it, but it's always a little worse when I'm on a healer because I feel responsible about keeping other people alive. Their deaths are much worse to me than my own. ;)

I agree completely with you Worba, I can always think of a million other things I'd rather do in WoW when I start dying in pvp. :lol:

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

hehe I stay alive pretty well in pvp, but when someone gets their dander up and wants to kill me and is a melee, I'm probably gonna die. I've been trying to master the "just CC, get the rogue/warrior/feral kitty away... just relax" and only have managed to do it a few times. lol That's when I crack under pressure: someone all up in my cheerios! when I don't crack I'm alright! :D

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days