Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Buffs & Debuffs System - Hunter's View

Unread post by Acherontia »

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3793437/#blog

I didn't see it posted elsewhere, so I wanted to note--
in MoP, buffs will be consolidated, & some removed. Apparently the +bleed will be worked into bleed classes (probably as an innate skill), since those classes are the ones who buffed it anyway.

There will be 8 buffs, and 6 debuffs, and these will be able to be provided by a number of classes. Apparently the majority of buffs will be distributed amongst the DPS classes and will not be spec-specific. Their goal is to allow class diversity within a group without requiring specific classes or specs.

In addition, they specifically mention hunters:
We are still likely to use the design that hunters, especially Beastmaster hunters, can fill in for missing buffs or debuffs by using certain pets.
ALL specs of hunters will now provide +10% AP to a raid. We will ALSO provide +5% crit to the raid. We will also still provide a Mortal Strike effect (I'm guessing this will still need to be frequently applied, aka Widow Venom). This means that hunters start with two useful buffs, and one debuff, and then we can ALSO bring a missing buff or debuff with a pet. To me, it's looking like hunters may well become the single most useful buff-class in the game. It's also looking like, with the right pet setup, we will be an extremely powerful solo class, as always.

Lastly, though, it means that buffs provided by pets will probably be reworked--namely Devilsaurs and Wolves (and Hydras!), who provide a 5% crit buff currently. This buff will be obsolete once the hunters have them. I have no idea what they will have in MoP, so if anyone's on the Beta and the pet abilities have been changed, please let me know!

Personally, I'd love to see a Terrifying Howl & Terrifying Roar--Fears! Devilsaurs should totally have a fear :P It's possible that such an ability could also become the "Weakened Blows" debuff--the -10% physical damage tank debuff.

We will also see all of the +bleed damage pets likely change. What their buffs will become, I have no idea--although I know that Rhinos have already been completely reworked. Lastly, I don't see the agi/str buff listed anywhere--so our precious cats & spirit beasts may well change too. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that we may well see the new 5% mastery buff on these guys.

A nice side-effect of this system is that a hunter could choose, say, BoK from a Shale Spider, make that Spider Ferocity, and have a one-man buff party with 3 of the most effective buffs in-game.

As always, apologies if this has been noted elsewhere--I did search, but the Beta forum is full & fast, so I may have missed something!
Lohuran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sentinels (RP)

Re: Buffs & Debuffs System - Hunter's View

Unread post by Lohuran »

Kinda sorta off topic, but...

I have noticed that some of my pets are missing their family abilities. My Cat is currently missing Roar of Courage. I was thinking it was a bug - it probably is -, but if they're reworking the buffs pets have, there wouldn't be much sense in fixing it.

Anyway, bleed increase being added to classes that use them is great. Now I can spec my Rhino into Ferocity AND it will be getting a useful ability(maybe). Sweet deal!
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Lohuran wrote: I have noticed that some of my pets are missing their family abilities. My Cat is currently missing Roar of Courage. I was thinking it was a bug - it probably is -, but if they're reworking the buffs pets have, there wouldn't be much sense in fixing it.
That may mean that they are giving it a new buff, after all! The agi/str buff will no longer be ingame, by looks, so they're likely trying to come up with something different (again, my bet is the 5% mastery, unless they give that to wolves & devilsaurs, although I really am hoping for a Fear for them :P ).
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

With the mention of BM pets bringing buffs, they may be distributing the 6 other buffs among only exotic pets.