Diablo III chatter

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Re: Error 37 (aka the D3 servers are flooded)

Unread post by Meggers »

Gimlion wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Oh! I had that too, Gim. You have to update your drivers. Blizzard provides a lovely walkthrough on how to do that. I recommend making sure that your computer/card are compatible with the upgrade too.
Would this walkthrough be on the BNet page?

Edit: Found the walkthrough, did everything as I was told. I have fully updated my drivers for the video card, but I still cannot play. This is the error it reads me:

"We have detected your video card is not supported by Diable III.

Operating System: Windows 7
Video Card: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset"

As far as I can tell, it seems I truly am SOL until my family can afford a new video card, as all my Intel drivers are up to date, and it's still telling me that I can't play, which really sucks. Also, I know there is a list of unsupported cards, but there is a big fat "N/A" under Intel, so I don't know for sure if my card is unsupported, or if something else isn't working. *sigh*

Chipset is setting off my alarm bells. That's integrated right? So many new games get super pissy with integrated graphics cards. They're just not recommended overall. @_@
ImageImage
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Re: Diablo III chatter

Unread post by Rhapture »

I had an integrated video card on my old laptop. I played WoW on it off and on until one day it literally melted my motherboard. Guessing by how hard D3 is running my current card even with the settings turned down to be safe, I would say anyone with an integrated card would be in a bad situation in no time.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Heh, figures. Oh, well I was really looking forward to a demon hunter and witchdocter, but it seems that I'll just have to wait until we can get a new video card.

And Integrated? Does that mean built in? If so, then probably, as my computer had no construction required, it's just a standard Lenovo desktop straight out of the box, I got it for christmas after my last computer (which my dad built) quite literally blew up, at least the insides did...

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

Integrated means it is built into the motherboard. It is popular in laptops because it saves space, but it also means that if you play any games or do anything that runs the video card hot it will heat up your motherboard as well. With a game like D3 you would probably fry your card and board in no time. My current PC came with an integrated card, but had the space to install a regular one so I disabled it and installed a new one with it's own cooling unit.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Started Act II earlier tonight. So fun! I can't get over the detail in all the areas, this game is amazing.

I got the ability to summon a raven companion on my demon hunter, and was looking online at the different ones you get later.

I'm amused that the spider and boar are totally the WoW models. :lol:

Image Image
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I noticed the spiders on my witch doctor were wow models too lol...not a bad thing tho...if it works, it works!
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

The spider looks ok :lol: But I think the boar looks kinda odd personally. At least there it does.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't use my spiders that much on my Witchdoctor I find the blow dart to be better. But it is fun to throw a jar of spiders at people!
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Gimlion wrote:Heh, figures. Oh, well I was really looking forward to a demon hunter and witchdocter, but it seems that I'll just have to wait until we can get a new video card.

And Integrated? Does that mean built in? If so, then probably, as my computer had no construction required, it's just a standard Lenovo desktop straight out of the box, I got it for christmas after my last computer (which my dad built) quite literally blew up, at least the insides did...

What Rhapture said, usually it happens in laptops but sometimes it sneaks into desktops as well. Having a pre-fab PC doesn't garuntee an integrated card though, usually you don't get that.

So yeah, you'd just have to do what she did. Disable the built in gfx card and put a normal one in.
ImageImage
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

cowmuflage wrote:I don't use my spiders that much on my Witchdoctor I find the blow dart to be better. But it is fun to throw a jar of spiders at people!
I've found myself alternating between the two depending on mobs, which I like. If there's tons of lil mobs, the spiders are great.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I don't use my spiders that much on my Witchdoctor I find the blow dart to be better. But it is fun to throw a jar of spiders at people!
I've found myself alternating between the two depending on mobs, which I like. If there's tons of lil mobs, the spiders are great.
Like thes imps! Those guys crack me up!
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

Been playing all day with the husband, hardly been on WoW. The same's for most of my guild. I can feel the frustration from the ones who don't have D3 and want to play WoW but are unable to due to lack of people online in WoW..

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

It'll die down and people will get back to their regular grind. :)
ImageImage
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Adhusgh.
I'm really loving this game. <3 My Monk is tons of fun! Unfortunately my computer is very slow so I'm rather sluggish even with my graphics down. Bleh.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ardawen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Lots of servers (all EU)

Unread post by Ardawen »

I love the game as well, as usualy i can't stick to one character all the time, but one is quite a bit ahead of the others.
Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Nightmare has too many electric champions. @_@
ImageImage
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Well I already beat normal level, and now I get to do all the same quest all over again, but this time on a harder mode. I don't think I could make a different toon for awhile, I'm going to get sick of doing all these quest over and over again. Diablo was such a pain to kill, but I eventually figured out how to kill him with taking very little to no damage at all.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Lohuran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sentinels (RP)

Unread post by Lohuran »

The Boar Companion for Demon Hunters looks exactly like a black boar from WoW. Exactly the same! Right down to the animations and sounds. I keep trying to take a screenshot, but all I get when I try to paste it into paint is my desktop...
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

So I logged in this morning and the game had forgotten my progress. i was back at Act 1. it remembered my level, but nothing else. Just ugh. :|
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Lohuran wrote:The Boar Companion for Demon Hunters looks exactly like a black boar from WoW. Exactly the same! Right down to the animations and sounds. I keep trying to take a screenshot, but all I get when I try to paste it into paint is my desktop...
Screenshots will be stored in a Diablo screenshots folder on your computer (mine's located in My Documents), they don't register as a Copy/Paste thing.