Rant Thread

Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Atalanta »

I don't really know why we even have a rant thread when we can't express our anger the way we want to. I think anything is fine to say, as long as it's not directed at somebody here. And Everdeen, nobody is forcing you to read our posts. ^^

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

Nili wrote:wow oversensitive much?
Editted it to a similar vagina-involving word so ya'll can still worship your vaginas
Uh... I'm not the moderator. I didn't edit Ata's post or suggest that it should've been edited. I don't like the word but I certainly don't cry over it, I was only making a suggestion, christ.

Edit: But to be fair, I kinda agree with Ata. I thought the thread was just for us to rant in, not for others to really read the posts. I only read Nili's cause it was at the bottom of the page and I was curious, haha. And then I noticed that Ata's post had been edited and I remembered what word was edited out from the other day so I thought I'd warn Nili, just in case. Meh.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Everdeen wrote:
Editted it to a similar vagina-involving word so ya'll can still worship your vaginas
Uh... I'm not the moderator. I didn't edit Ata's post or suggest that it should've been edited. I don't like the word but I certainly don't cry over it, I was only making a suggestion, christ.

Edit: But to be fair, I kinda agree with Ata. I thought the thread was just for us to rant in, not for others to really read the posts. I only read Nili's cause it was at the bottom of the page and I was curious, haha. And then I noticed that Ata's post had been edited and I remembered what word was edited out from the other day so I thought I'd warn Nili, just in case. Meh.
The real irony is something similiar to this has happened before and caused a major fall out that resulted in many people leaving, unfair bans, and plenty of strife.

That's Petopia for you.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Moderator wrote:The Rules of Rant Thread:
  1. Don't argue. This is a thread for sharing frustrations, not for debate.
  2. Don't derail. Offering your sympathy is great, and sometimes a quick suggestion can help a lot, but that's not the primary purpose of this thread.
  3. Don't rant about people or situations on this forum. (If you need to do that, feel free to PM me. I can always listen to a good rant.)
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Uhg!! Despite practising, and watching tutorials, I am still having a hard time with digital coloring! Its getting frusterating! I am better at using the tablet, atleast for drawing and some things, but the actual "coloring" so that my picture comes alive...not so much!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

Everdeen wrote:

Yeah, I just don't get why swearing in here is a problem. Young people know these words, lets not be ignorant. We all knew bad things at a young age, so I can't see how that would be the reason. But yeah, like I said. How can it be offensive and stuff unless it's written to somebody from here? Or a friend of someone from here? I just don't get it. Whoever reported my post or whatever has oversensitive issues of some kind...

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

So I come home from going to town this afternoon to get a mate to sign something for the art show we are having a table at to find our house was robbed. The dicks took my laptop and both of my art tablets and camera and my Wii and mums kindle and ALL OF OUR FOOD THAT WAS IN BOTH OF OUR FREEZERS but not the stuff in our fridge. I can get my laptop and all the programs and my tablets back as we have insurance but it's all my work on my laptop that I most likely will never get back not even if the cops find my laptop as it most likely will be wiped. Thats my professional carrer down the drain. I did back everything up but they took the hard drive that had the back ups in. I spent all this year making a damn animation puppet and it was nearly finished and now I'll never get it back so it was a watse. Theres no point in me doing any handdrawen animation as I now have no programs to put it together or dope out the xsheets. So it's pointless nor can I colour anything or do anything. All the jobs I get sent that I apply for are work at home ones so yeah.

The CSI lady came and finger dusted everything. She said they broke the winder and must of used a small kid to climb inside and then open up the door for them as theres no way a adult could of fitted the window. She took my prints to as I was the last person inside the house and she found some prints on the Wii box that could be mine or not. :S Maybe I'll get the WiiU after all.

I might aswell get the mods to lcok my art threads as I wont be using them for months. Not like anyway comments on them anyway.

So really I do hope the robbers get hid by a truck full of cancer and then taken out behind the barn with a guy who has genital warts.
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

No you know what I'm gonna go back and un-edit my post.
Things have gotten far too sensitive here whereas six months ago I said something along the lines of wanting to cunt-punch someone and I didn't get banned for it, nor did anyone jump on my bones for saying it. In fact I got a few ''lols'' and ''I'm gonna steal that!'' so yeah. I'm not going to censor my rants here and neither should you. This thread is here for a reason, to let us rant so we don't keep any of this bottled up inside us..hell it's cheaper than therapy! :P

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

I hate tanking through BC dungeons! I love the dungeons, I wish I could enjoy tanking them, but damn I hate how everyones always rush rush rush, pull pull pull...Yes, I get it, the BC dungeons are nerfed and any idiot can pull a mob and live if the healer is paying attention, but come on, just let the tank do thier job! Its so hard picking up all tha mobs that are spread out because dps decideds to pull...It was awsome healing in BC dungeons, I let DPS die if they pulled. People learned quickly to let the tank pull. Just wish I had a healer like that running with me.

Ah well, done BC now on to Wrath, so far its back to people actually letting my do my job. I just hope it keeps up!

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Major fuck!
I ticketed blizzard about a name I wanted, asking if they could free it up, since it was taken by an inactive character, and they could indeed help me with that. I got the mail yesterday, and didn't check it before today. The name is retaken on a retarded mage. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck. That's what you get for forgetting about your mail.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

cowmuflage wrote:So I come home from going to town this afternoon to get a mate to sign something for the art show we are having a table at to find our house was robbed. The dicks took my laptop and both of my art tablets and camera and my Wii and mums kindle and ALL OF OUR FOOD THAT WAS IN BOTH OF OUR FREEZERS but not the stuff in our fridge. I can get my laptop and all the programs and my tablets back as we have insurance but it's all my work on my laptop that I most likely will never get back not even if the cops find my laptop as it most likely will be wiped. Thats my professional carrer down the drain. I did back everything up but they took the hard drive that had the back ups in. I spent all this year making a damn animation puppet and it was nearly finished and now I'll never get it back so it was a watse. Theres no point in me doing any handdrawen animation as I now have no programs to put it together or dope out the xsheets. So it's pointless nor can I colour anything or do anything. All the jobs I get sent that I apply for are work at home ones so yeah.

The CSI lady came and finger dusted everything. She said they broke the winder and must of used a small kid to climb inside and then open up the door for them as theres no way a adult could of fitted the window. She took my prints to as I was the last person inside the house and she found some prints on the Wii box that could be mine or not. :S Maybe I'll get the WiiU after all.

I might aswell get the mods to lcok my art threads as I wont be using them for months. Not like anyway comments on them anyway.

So really I do hope the robbers get hid by a truck full of cancer and then taken out behind the barn with a guy who has genital warts.
:| :hug:

Wow... that really, really sucks. I'm sorry that happened cowmuflage & I hope the police are able to recover at least some of your stuff (hopefully with work not erased)...
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Makoes wrote:I hate tanking through BC dungeons! I love the dungeons, I wish I could enjoy tanking them, but damn I hate how everyones always rush rush rush, pull pull pull...Yes, I get it, the BC dungeons are nerfed and any idiot can pull a mob and live if the healer is paying attention, but come on, just let the tank do thier job! Its so hard picking up all tha mobs that are spread out because dps decideds to pull...It was awsome healing in BC dungeons, I let DPS die if they pulled. People learned quickly to let the tank pull. Just wish I had a healer like that running with me.

Ah well, done BC now on to Wrath, so far its back to people actually letting my do my job. I just hope it keeps up!
Yeah, BC pugs seem to get the barrel scrapings... if that. I've spent chunks of time in past running them at-level or near-level to get mog stuff, so grouping unfortunately was necessary, and it could get frustrating fast.
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Moderator »

The Forum Rules are fairly clear about what is and is not acceptable on these forums:

3. Please keep your language reasonably tame by today's standards. An occasional expletive is not a problem (damnit!), but please avoid excessive obscene language. (Posts on the official Rant Thread are given a little extra leeway.)
4. Also make sure you check out the post "Getting Picky About Words" for some slang terms that you shouldn't use here. Derogatory language based on race, sex, gender, religion, etc. is never allowed.

For the Rant Thread in particular, this can be summarized as: Profanity is okay. Derogatory language based on race, sex, gender, religion, etc. is not okay.

As an example, it is absolutely not okay to post a rant about a 'flaming pussy dick-sucking queer', even if that language is not directed at another member here. (Please note that that example was chosen to be as obviously over the line as possible.)

Where language falls is sometimes a judgement call. Because of its common usage, we allow the word 'bitch' when it's used without an obvious derogatory gender context. 'Cunt', however - the word used in the two moderated posts above - is less common in usage and still tends to be used in a fairly gender-oriented fashion. For that reason, we disallow 'cunt' in this thread in general, regardless of the specific context.

No one in the past two pages of posts is being banned or even reprimanded - at least not for what's been posted in the past couple of pages. We PM'd the two posters to let them know that 'cunt' was a bit over the line and to suggest that they go with something else. When they decided not to change their posts themselves, we edited out the language.

In retrospect, the difference between the way we moderate profanity and derogatory language based on race, sex, gender, religion, etc. may not be completely obvious - especially in this thread. We should have given more context about why the language was being moderated.

If you have questions, please send a PM to Global Moderators. (That will include Mania as well.) If you want more public discussion of language use rules here, start a thread in the Support forum. Additional posts on this topic in this thread will be moved or deleted.

Now back to the regularly-scheduled Rant Thread.

Edited to add: If you see someone breaking the Forum Rules, please use the Report Post button available on each post to report it.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Worba wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:So I come home from going to town this afternoon to get a mate to sign something for the art show we are having a table at to find our house was robbed. The dicks took my laptop and both of my art tablets and camera and my Wii and mums kindle and ALL OF OUR FOOD THAT WAS IN BOTH OF OUR FREEZERS but not the stuff in our fridge. I can get my laptop and all the programs and my tablets back as we have insurance but it's all my work on my laptop that I most likely will never get back not even if the cops find my laptop as it most likely will be wiped. Thats my professional carrer down the drain. I did back everything up but they took the hard drive that had the back ups in. I spent all this year making a damn animation puppet and it was nearly finished and now I'll never get it back so it was a watse. Theres no point in me doing any handdrawen animation as I now have no programs to put it together or dope out the xsheets. So it's pointless nor can I colour anything or do anything. All the jobs I get sent that I apply for are work at home ones so yeah.

:| :hug:

Wow... that really, really sucks. I'm sorry that happened cowmuflage & I hope the police are able to recover at least some of your stuff (hopefully with work not erased)...

:hug: Thanks I really hope so too.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Dear former "GM",

Thanks for that. Thanks for blindsiding everyone, including YOUR OWN OFFICERS. Instead of discussing your current issues with the officers and other people of the guild, you decide you're going to blindside everyone and take the entire guild with you back to your old server. You lock down the guild bank before we could even get to it. You decide to take the entire bank worth 200k gold in which you did NOT CONTRIBUTE. According to what the officers said, they tried to discuss it with him, but he would have nothing of it. Thankfully, we still had a former Lv. 25 guild that we could all go to, but of course, before we could start sending off letters to inform everyone, he kicks everyone from the guild so we have to find the stragglers on our own. It may have been your guild, but you couldn't been more damn considerate about it. I don't care about the guild rep... I care about the bank we just lost.

-flips several tables- Okay, I'm good.

PS. We at least get to keep our vent and website.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

You could open a ticket about it, especially if you can get a number of people to report it as well...something like that could be considered a type of theft.

~~~
~~~
~~~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

So Mum just got a phonecall from Grandad seems Grandma is in the hospital with some really bad infection. Just what we need another thing to add stress on us. >.>
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Makoes wrote:You could open a ticket about it, especially if you can get a number of people to report it as well...something like that could be considered a type of theft.
Some people of my guild are getting in contact with Blizzard to see if anything can be done about it in general. It also made me realize how flawed the GL system seems to be. v.v

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Holy hell.

Last night my friend fed me over 35 shots. I don't think I've ever been so drunk in my life.

I mean, it was an awesome night, but dear god this morning.

I've only just managed to get out of bed and stop throwing up. I've been throwing up since 5am. Dear god how am I alive.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Vephriel wrote:Last night my friend fed me over 35 shots.
Dear god how am I alive.
You're lucky it didn't kill you.