Nili's Mount Journal [Farewell WoW and Petopia!]

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Re: Nili's Mount Journal [Farewell WoW and Petopia]

Unread post by Nili »

Well I wasn't going to do this for a few weeks but in view of how I was handled by the moderators here recently and in the past I feel it's time to take my leave from Petopia. My husband and I have pretty much fallen out with WoW over these past few months and only really logged in once a week to raid. Even then it was like pulling teeth to get my husband to log in. So we started playing a beta for another game and we just.fell.in.love. We could have whatever abilities we want and do the quests in whatever order we feel is necessary. There's no race to end game and the atmosphere of the game is just beyond incredible.

I will miss everything I worked hard for in WoW, my beautiful Aero that took me 4 months of fighting with a hacking cunt to get, my Yoshi who has become Niliana's best friend, my guild that I've poured my heart and soul into (it's a pity I can't bring them all with me). I'll miss the roleplaying, the good times I had here on petopia.

It's just a shame the mods felt they could change my password randomly back when I had my ban from ''other games'' for sticking up for a friend. It's a shame they accessed my personal profile and personal messages and manually added someone to my ignore list against my wishes. I'm a twenty-four year old woman, I do not need to be treated like I'm a child. It's a shame they feel they have to single myself and Atalanta out whenever we act like everyone else has in the past.. but yep I'm done with Petopia and with WoW. I'll be cancelling my subscription within the next month whilst waiting for The Secret World's June 19th launch date.

To my dedicated mount journal readers, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your stay here at Petopia and in WoW, it was nice enough until it didn't offer me anything challenging. I hope my journal taught you a few things about mount spawn points as I did figure a lot out whilst I was camping, farming, whatnot.

If you need to reach me, I'll be on sharinadavenport@hotmail.co.uk or ervae16 on skype, or you're free to add me on facebook as well under the name Rina Davenport.

Good luck!
Nili/Rina
Last edited by Nili on Wed May 23, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Re: Nili's Mount Journal [6 months later: 100 mounts!]

Unread post by Atalanta »

I love you Nili. <3 We won't lose contact away from here, I promise. :)

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Re: Nili's Mount Journal [Farewell WoW and Petopia!]

Unread post by Silivren »

Same same same :D I'm preordering Secret World this week!

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

Farewell Momma Panther! <3

I know the feeling about the Mods on here - unless you're a favourite you get shatted on -_- I reported someone for trolling a while back...Mod posted on said thread saying the douche wasn't trolling and I was 'over-reacting' :| At the very same moment I got a PM thanking me for reporting it, and that the 'troll' was a KNOWN TROLL :| Troll kept on trolling btw :lol:

Some ppl over-react and get an army behind erm...others are rational but speak their mind and get slapped down....

Certain ppl on here can get away with murder (Wooo I'm saying this again even though last time I got warned it's ban-fest material :D), whilst others not in 'da buddy club' are out in the cold....what ya say?! this is a community?! NO WAY!! >< Hell, double-standards all the way!

Buddy-club member posts 'I've spent 9 months looking for blah blah'...Replies = awww keep going!! rooting for u!
Non buddy-club member posts '3rd day I've checked now'...Replies = get a life! Stop stressing jeez its a game!

:| :| :|

Gonna miss u <3 But I'm on FB so we can still chat <3 Wish I had more free time, I'd hook up with u on SW - sadly I don't even have time for WoW atm :(

Take care, and walk that walk like u don't gief a fuck hun <3

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

Totally agree Zhuge. If you're not in the 'mod buddy club' everything you do is wrong. Like I said in the rant thread (which was apparently deleted, lol.) I've seen people say much worse and they've got away scott free. One rule for normal members, another for the 'buddy club'. :D

Nili, you are definitely one of my favorite people on here and you've become more than someone online - you're a real life friend now. As much as I've started disliking Petopia, I'm glad that it was the reason I met you!

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Aww I'm sorry you're quitting! I never got to know you/don't know you that well. But I do selfishly hope you manage to pop in now and again. I wish you luck Nili! I know how it can be, sometimes you just need a good long break. My boyfriend -hates- wow. But there was a point in time where he loved it, the both of us have taken several long breaks from the game and come back after an xpac hits or whatever and its fun again ...for a while. XD

I'm personally looking foreward to GW2, I'd love to know if you plan on playing it! I'd defo add you to my friends list. :) (I feel weird adding you on facebook because I really don't know you. XD)
ImageImage
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

Meggers wrote:Aww I'm sorry you're quitting! I never got to know you/don't know you that well. But I do selfishly hope you manage to pop in now and again. I wish you luck Nili! I know how it can be, sometimes you just need a good long break. My boyfriend -hates- wow. But there was a point in time where he loved it, the both of us have taken several long breaks from the game and come back after an xpac hits or whatever and its fun again ...for a while. XD

I'm personally looking foreward to GW2, I'd love to know if you plan on playing it! I'd defo add you to my friends list. :) (I feel weird adding you on facebook because I really don't know you. XD)
I use facebook to communicate with my friends I meet from all over the world, you can put me on limited access if you keep very personal information on there.
GW2 might be worth a try if TSW doesn't pull through, but I have a gut feeling it will be just what we're looking for.

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Oh its not the personal info, its just that sometimes I feel overbearing when I add people I don't know well. XD
ImageImage
Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Nili »

I don't mind at all, or I would have never put it up for the public to see. :)

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

LIAR! ;P
ImageImage
Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

It's just a shame the mods felt they could change my password randomly back when I had my ban from ''other games'' for sticking up for a friend. It's a shame they accessed my personal profile and personal messages and manually added someone to my ignore list against my wishes. I'm a twenty-four year old woman, I do not need to be treated like I'm a child. It's a shame they feel they have to single myself and Atalanta out whenever we act like everyone else has in the past.. but yep I'm done with Petopia and with WoW. I'll be cancelling my subscription within the next month whilst waiting for The Secret World's June 19th launch date.
This makes me really angry and sad. What's the problem with petopia? What's this childishbitching and doing things behind people's back?? Maybe too much of a female community...honestly... don't know what's going on but, gah, why?? Why can't people just be nice and considerate? Nili's been a lovely person and I enjoyed reading your journal, why do people turn around and do this? So sorry to see you go :-( will definately add you!

really... goodbye posts with these reasons seriously make me lose faith with the community... Whoever is behind this... it's just a forum, people have opinions, it's not some elite whatever club!!! Grrr.
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

bye bye Nili<333

Signature Made By Senenith

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Aw, I'm sorry to see you go, Nili. I'm… unhappy with the forum as well. But this entire rant is probably going to be deleted anyway so I may as well wish you good fortune. Have fun in your new game. :-D

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I'm going to miss seeing you in WoW! :(

I agree that the forums aren't the fun place they used to be.. So many double standards, drama and overreacting on both the users' and mods' part. I have to admit I've been avoiding this place for a while now, only coming over for the latest beta pet stuff, even then rarely participating.

(People if you're interested in chatting with me, feel free to add me on Skype - I'm Safrienaer there. Just make sure to add your forum name to the note thingie so I don't refuse thinking you're some random creep I don't know.)
JezzebelPop
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by JezzebelPop »

I think you posted a thread on the wow bnet forums on how to make the most of being a BM hunter and how to get the most DPS out of that talent tree.

Just want you to know that I found it really helpful and I became a much better raider thanks to the advice you gave in that thread so I thank you and wish you the best.

Your journal here has also been good to read so that will be missed.

Have fun with the future!
Echo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Echo »

I don't know if you're still around Nili but, I'm sorry you're leaving:( I don't know what's going on here on Petopia, I'm not around as much anymore, but good luck in the future!! and have fun in all you do!

Keep smiling!! :hug:

1 TLPD-Oct 16th 2011 (63 days of camping)
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

Nili :(

I will miss you. I know I haven't been around these forums much these days... but this was sad to see when I popped my head in to check things out. *sends a hug Nili's way*

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!