Humar and other future pets need names

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Humar and other future pets need names

Unread post by Pawtrack »

Okay, so I had quite a bit luck a while back and managed to get Humar in one try (I didn't have to wait for him to spawn even! :headbang: ) but anyway, he needs a new name.
His name was first Whisper but that sounded too femenine, so I changed it to Shade but I'm not sure I like that either....

So the king of kitties needs a new name, and I also wanna try and figure out names for some pets I plan to tame! :D (Pawtrack is almost 42 ATM, though, so it'll be a little while before he can tame most of 'em! :lol: )

Okay, so I need a name for...

Humar the Pridelord - No silly names please, and he's a guy lion. :)
Devilsaur (not sure which color, but leaning towards red/black skin) - Silly names are okay I guess, but I'd prefer something that goes along the lines of the names of the king devilsaurs (slighly miss-spelled, short words, like Krush, Dred, ETC.) I'm liking Maaw (maw) and Kil (kill) the best of the ones I've thought of. Not sure if it'll be a girl or a boy, but most likely a boy. Edit: NVM! I have a great idea! I will name him Ninja and he will be a black devilsaur!!! >:)
Arcturis - This one'll probably be a girl. I'm thinking a name playing on the words Elusive, Mist, Smoke (as in trying to catch smoke), ETC. Don't really want a silly name EDIT: Okay, nvm, I have an idea for a name... gonna go w/ a role-play sorta story behind her
Loque'nahak - This one's a maybe as it's always so crouded in Sholazar and I want so many pets but there isn't enough room for them in my stable! Haven't really thought much about it, it might be a he or a she, so I'm open to both male, female and unisex names for it/her/him. A silly name would be okay, but I'd rather have a non-silly one.
Hyena (SM type) - I'm thinking about taming this one because I love the color so much, but he/she'll probably go and take a vacation with my strider after a while. I'm thinking it might be a she, but I dunno, I'll probably decide what name I like most and figure out if it's gonna be a girl or a boy from there. A serious name's fine, but I won't mind a silly one (my last hyena was named Snickers :lol: )
Snarler - I've always been a fan of those wolves! Love wolves IRL and this skin's may fav in-game :D . Might be a male, might be a female; I'm open to both female, male and unisex names. I'd rather have a serious name but I'm open to both. Edit: I got a name for him - Singe!

Okay, obviously I'm not gonna have enough room in my stables for all of these - /sigh - but I'm planning on taming them at one point or another (I might not even tame Loque'nahak, sounds like a pain to camp :( ) but I just thought I'd put these out there if anyone has any ideas. :)

Thanks in advance, my little (well, big) black lion needs a new name! (Well, once I can use the certificate of ownership again, stupid 7 day cooldown! :evil: )

And thanks again for any help! :D

Edit: DING!!! 42 :headbang:

Edit2: Lo and behold, 17 minutes later (about 11 of which were spent in a random dungeon) I HAVE SNARLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm one lucky (and happy) hunter!! :D :headbang: :mrgreen: FTW! (BTW, I had the prarie dog out! :lol: )

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2cK0ujZTvAk/S ... s+Wolf.jpg
Last edited by Pawtrack on Sat May 08, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Kamalia
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Re: Humar and other future pets need names

Unread post by Kamalia »

For Humar, I suggest the name Umbra. It's Latin for "shadow", and is the name given to the darkest part of a shadow.
For the devilsaur... hmm... I've always been partial to the reddish skin. Their green eyes are gorgeous! Maybe Maaim (maim), Karrnage (carnage), Havok (havoc), or Gorr (gore).
For Arcturis, maybe Inina ("glimmer of light"), or Noelani ("mist of heaven")
For Loque, maybe Aku (a moon god), Ayla ("moonlight"), Enver ("radiant"), Alastor ("avenging spirit"), or Tien ("angel, fairy, spirit")
For your hyena, maybe Phoenix (the mythological bird, as well as meaning "crimson"), which always seemed to be a powerful name to me. Or maybe Roy ("red"), Rory ("red king"), Scarlet or Ruby.
For Snarler, maybe Kierra ("little black one"), Sable ('black"), Melanie ("black, dark"), or Blake (can mean "black")

Oh, and good news for you - I heard that we're getting a huge stable expansion for Cataclysm, so keep your hopes up that you might have all of these guys in the future! ;)

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

Hmmm probably won't go with Umbra for Humar but will keep it in mind...
I like Maaim, Karrnage is good, too :D but Havok sounds like a gorilla name (don't ask my why lol XP)
Ooooh I like Inina, but might change it to Ininia or Inisha
I like Enver alot because it sounds like envy :lol: Alastor's nice, and I like Ayla - Aku's nice, too! Might name my Arcturis that :D
I like Scarlet or Ruby for the Hyena, too. Nice suggestions! :)
I like Kierra or Sable for Snarler.... Hmmm I don't know! Lol :D

And yay for more stable slots! I just hope they aren't too expensive... :?

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

When I got Humar, I liked either Nightmane or Duskpaw for him. I went with Duskpaw, but if you like either you're welcome to them.
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

Maybe for your devilsaur, you can name him after one of Bowser's kids. At the moment right now, I can only remember Iggy and Ludwig off the back of my head.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Larry, Morton, Roy, Lemmy, and Wendy. :)