Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 26: Foxes!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 26: Foxes!

Unread post by Wassa »

Former threads:
Moths - Warp Stalkers - Crocolisks - Monkeys - Wolves - Core Hounds - Wasps - Dragonhawks - Turtles - Boars - Carrion Birds - Bears - Serpents - Tallstriders - Worms - Dogs - Ravagers - Shale Spiders - Sporebats - Spirit Beasts - Birds of Prey - Scorpids - Chimaeras - Bats - Crabs

Random pet family appreciation thread is where I roll a random pet family every week for everyone to share their pictures, their stories, their love for that pet family. Please no hate or rants. This is an appreciation thread. If you dislike the family, don't post! Hopefully with some love we can get some hunters to try out new pets they never would have thought to tame before.

Our 26th family is the sly fox family.

Image from WoW TCG.

Fox facts

~Foxes are one of the newest tameable families, introduced in Cataclysm

~Foxes have five skin colors.

~Ashtail is a unique skinned rare of the family.

~Foxes have one color changer.

~Foxes have the bonus ability Play, which causes the fox to dance.

~Fox Kit is a rare minipet drop from Baradin Foxes.

~All fox skins have black canine teeth.

~Foxes can interchange their skins with the wolf and dire wolf (aka worg) models.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 26: Foxes!

Unread post by Wassa »

Shortest fact section ever.

Foxes are one of the best pet to have for raids imo. No, not for their debuff, but for dance.

Many times my guildies have died for stupid reasons, especially to the elevator boss in Blackwing Descent. Having my fox dance on their corpse was a good way to get them to release and run back instead of holding up the raid and waiting for a rez. Before long they would release immediately after falling off the elevator because they didn't want to be "fox humped."

I started with a white fox named Laila. However, when my bunny Sabrina who I had for ten and a half years passed away March of last year I released Laila and tamed a black fox which I named after her.

Fox combat sounds annoy me though. More than any other pet sound. I never used my foxes for combat because of this. I felt bad that my fox which I named after my dear Brinie barely got any use besides corpse dancing that I ended up releasing her into the wild and retamed her on an alt. I rarely play said hunter alt, but the black fox is the only pet she has so far. When I do play her she always has my Sabrina right at her side. <3

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

bunni12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: hellscream

Unread post by bunni12 »

IS the fox ability a viable one for raiding and hcs though???

Lovely siggy by the fab Ashaine
Corpsebryde
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Corpsebryde »

Yay for foxes being rolled!

I absolutely adore the fox family; I just wish there were more color options. I think that they have some of the best animations overall. They are so fluid in their movements which is exactly how a fox should be. I had my eye on the black fox for a very long time and as soon as Corpsebryde was high enough level (18-19), my fiance and I headed over to Redridge Mountains to tame one. After much searching I found one and named him Cryptic. For a very long time Cryptic was the only pet I used while leveling. But as I began raiding I needed to expand my stable and he has since taken a back seat to more "useful" pets. :( But we still head out every once in awhile for some silly dancing.

One of my alt hunters, Hunthound, has a very special fox by the name of Whisper. Although Hunt is only level 69, Whisper has accompanied him across Azeroth, Outland and into Northrend. Even though he has a stable full of other pets, Hunt relies solely on Whisper to protect him on his adventures.
Image Image

Avatar by Moonlost; Signature by Sookie
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

Wassa wrote:Shortest fact section ever.

Foxes are one of the best pet to have for raids imo. No, not for their debuff, but for dance.

Many times my guildies have died for stupid reasons, especially to the elevator boss in Blackwing Descent. Having my fox dance on their corpse was a good way to get them to release and run back instead of holding up the raid and waiting for a rez. Before long they would release immediately after falling off the elevator because they didn't want to be "fox humped."
That's true no matter the raid/dungeon. I forget how many times I've done that when I have stupid dungeon groups, where somebody dies in a massive group of mobs, then waits for us to kill the mobs and res them. Yeah, nope. After we kill the mobs, the rest of them moves on, while I sit behind with my fox, and the corpse :lol:

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Foxes are another one of my favorite beasts within the game!

I have all of the skins tamed except for Ashtail at the moment. I just knew I'd be getting one when I heard the news in Cataclysm beta, but had no idea how much I'd come to love them all thereafter. I consider every one of my foxes to be permanent members among their respected rosters.

My first fox love came in the form of Niabi's pet, Astrid. Astrid is sweet-natured amd demure. Her favorite thing to do is groom herself and chase butterflies.

Then came Auroryn's fox, Scarlett. Scarlett is sexy and she knows it! She uses her good looks and sly charm to get pretty much whatever she wants.

Followed by Ghiselle's fox, Hennessey. Hennessey is a playful, if somewhat mischievous rascal. He loves nothing better than to run around and play games with Ghiselle. In fact, he's become pretty good at hide 'n go seek with some of Ghiselle's belongings. Frustration ensues but her ultimate love for him is much stronger.

And lastly, there is Lilyth's fox, Caerys. Caerys is focused and subdued. She is very good at stalking prey without detection and is a great deal of help to Lilyth when it comes to the hunt.
Last edited by Niabi on Fri May 23, 2014 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

eee, poor foxes with their short facts list! :lol:

I have three foxes at the moment!

The first belongs to Espen, who names all of his pets after Norse mythology characters/worlds, so of COURSE he had to have a fox named Loki! Like his Nordic counterpart, Loki is very intelligent and mischievous. He relies on his cunning to get what he needs, and he's very talented at putting on acts. But, unlike his nordic counterpart, he's a good guy overall!

My Blood Elf has two foxes, Ash and Kristofferson (Spelled Kristoferson in game because boo at you limited characters!). They're named after two characters form the movie Fantastic Mr. Fox (Awesome movie, btw). In the movie they're cousins, but in WoW, these two are brothers.
Kristofferson is skilled in combat and responsible for his actions. He's calm-minded and more sweet-natured than Ash is.
Ash is a little more reckless and can be a bit clumsy. He can be a little bit of a grump if he learns he can't do something well, but eventually he gets over it. He's a momma's boy at heart, but he doesn't like to show it in public. Only when no one's looking will he be all snuggley. :P

Hopefully I can find the right hunter for Ashtail. He's one of my favorite rares but I just haven't found him the right home yet.
I also wish foxes were smaller. <.< When they dance they're taller than my blood elf. o.o

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

I love my fox Ellie. Shes changes skins a few times, but Ashtails skin seems to fit her perfectly and I couldnt be happier. Foxes were the pets I looked forward too most in cata because theyre one of my favorite pets in real life.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I like foxes. When I saw them in the "coming up" list on Petopia I guess I let out some high pitched squeels. Most of my hunters have foxes, just because I think they are cute. I use them in the old heroics when we just run through them because the new ones got so boring and when other buffs are already provided.

The first Fox belongs to my little Worgen hunter. I don't play Alliance side very often and Wauziah is still only level 20. She has a black pet theme, while her questing partner, my fiance's dwarf hunter, has a white pet theme (they have wolves called Negative and Positive). Grimmfang is a recent addition to Wauziah's stables but I already love the little guy. He's still so small and cute next to my quite big worg.

The next Fox is Ashtail. He lives with Emerwen and is called Socks. The color was the first I tamed and it's the one I like best along with the brown one. Purplish grey with a white tail tip, it looks so nice. Socks is a very impudent fox. He likes to stick his nose into everything, sniff at everything and for Emerwen he's more like a dog. She keeps him around for fun, play and company.

Finduilas' fox Falun is left over when I thought she needed a white stable theme. I never released Falun back into the wild, just because he grew on me. I'm not very fond of his red eyes, but his winter-white fur makes up for this. Falun is named after a city in Sweden, like half of Findu's pets (the other half is named after nordish gods). I don't use Falun very often, but I'm always happy to see his face when clicking through my stables. I think I should take him out more often. He's always so happy, dancing around Findu and doing silly things.

My last fox belongs to Larkania. His name is cream. He started as a red fox I got assigned in the Random Pet Theme Challenge along with other brown pets. This challenge really started Larkania's stable with red and brown colors and it stayed this way. I love the natural colors with my Tauren, as you can see in her Pve transmog set (pvp is purple - fear the purple tauren, fear it!). Cream is a pet I randomly choose when I want something different than cat/spirit beast or wolf/devilsaur. I love Cream's colors. These eyes are just so gorgeous and the fur has a very unique color. I love his black legs, he looks like he's wearing shoes. Cream is a very loyal pet. He adores Larkania. Even though he went through a color change he's still the same pet for me, he just took on the color he truely was.

Attachments
foxes.jpg
foxes.jpg (94.98 KiB) Viewed 2696 times

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Foxes were the pets I was most excited about when Cataclysm came, and I remain as enamoured of them as before. My sole desire for Cataclysm was to make a Goblin hunter with a white fox, and indeed, my Pearl was Laz's most precious friend.
Last edited by Mozag on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I had a white fox named Zilean. The white skin is about the only one I like because the eyes are darker. I liked him quite a bit, but since I had Rainey (Strider Clutchmother), I felt it was a little unnecessary to have two pets with like abilities. I had to make room a while ago, and sadly he was one of the ones that went. :( He was enjoyable to have around while it lasted, though!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Rhyela wrote:I had a white fox named Zilean, but since I had a Strider Clutchmother, I felt it was unnecessary to have two pets with like abilities. :(
I believe striders and foxes will have different abilities in MoP, if you want an excuse to get him back!