Aion - A Few Years Later

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Aion - A Few Years Later

Unread post by Rhyela »

Now that Aion's free to play and it's been out a while, has anyone tried it recently? I played it at launch and for a little while thereafter, but there were few things that caused me to stop playing. I never hated it or even disliked it really, but I wasn't sick enough of WoW yet and I ended up migrating back to that.

Well, now that my WoW career is pretty much over, I've been branching out again. I'm currently playing SWTOR and still enjoy it, but I can already tell that I'm going to be bored with it after I finish a couple of my current characters. I've been thinking of getting back into Rift (another one I enjoy and wouldn't mind picking up again), but then I read a good review about Aion, and my interest was re-kindled.

But, I'm just wondering what you guys think about it. Supposedly, it's less linear now and the world/zones are a bit larger (that was one of my original gripes), and they've improved flight somehow.

I will say that so far, their character customization is my favorite. Being able to tweak the facial features and structure, as well as the body, is a big plus in my book. Sucks that there are only two races, but I can overlook that considering you can kinda make elves and dwarves if you do it right. :)

Anyway...opinions?

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Aion - A Few Years Later

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I hear they have like double or something XP now for really fast leveling. I'm not the best on this I don't like MMOs with that "realistic" art style ( I dunno they never really look that good). I dunno I'm fine with non MMOs doing that style. :lol:
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Is there an option to NOT do the faster leveling? I don't like flying through and out-leveling zones before they're even finished. That might change how I feel about the game. : /

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think so. Something to do with another server and you don't need to use it? I think.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I was scared and did some reading, and it looks like it's a separate channel called a "Fast Track" channel. So yes, it is optional. Whew!!! :D I don't mind that they have it, I just was hoping that it was optional.

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

I have an active Aion account, not the same one I originally had because it was lost with my old email ages ago. I'd say its still pretty fun, I love the way they do their armor as well. The big thing for me is I'm off/on playing it until GW2 comes out but I will say I think its still a good game. :) (Plus they have in game housing now)