Need help to tame Uvuros

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Need help to tame Uvuros

Unread post by Mustafah »

I always saw Uvuros on my other players and i knew i want him. hes my 1 of my favourite pets in the game(and there are not many) the big problem is: his damage is very high, he kills me always when i try to tame him. oh and, hes immune to ice traps :( when i get a healer with me, after i get healed, the healer takes the aggro.

Anyone can give me a tip/guide for how to tame him?

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: US Trollbane

Re: Need help to tame Uvuros

Unread post by Khishay »

Hmmm, Uvuros, eh?

Well, have you tried attacking some before starting the tame? That would build up the aggro on you. Also, stacking haste and stamina would make it so the healer can wait till you're near dying to heal. If the healer's a preist or paladin they have threat reducing spells, and should use them when they heal you. That way they're less likely to take aggro. Shaman, I'm not too sure what they can do. :?

Does Uvuros also have a fear? I'm afraid my memory fails me on that atm.

My Dragon Cave...

Thanks so much to Ket Shi for the signature!

Storytime
Realm: Aggramar

Unread post by Storytime »

Yeah, he sure does, on an 8 second cooldown. I've tried taming this fool several times on my 80 with no luck... Luckily for you, there are corehounds in the area called "Spawn of Uvoros" who have matching skins and no fear :P
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Are you opening with scorpid sting to increase his miss chance? That should help a lot, especially if you're 80.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

If you're determined to tame Uvuros and not one of his non-elite spawns, then it's definitely possible, just tricky.

The best buddy to get for taming him would be a Priest. They have Fear Ward and also Holy Nova which causes no threat. Meaning they can heal you without interrupting your tame.

Now, as Kalliope mentioned, you'll definitely want to start off with Scorpid Sting to increase his chance to miss. Have Aspect of the Monkey/Dragonhawk on, and also pop Deterrence. Make sure you begin at the farthest point you can while still being in range to start taming, just to give you those extra few seconds.

I'd highly recommend picking up a Haste Potion in order to minimize the time that taming takes. Drink this right before clicking tame and it should be over in no time.

You might have to give it a couple attempts, but I'm sure you'll get him. :)
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

The other core hounds in the area that aren't elite have the same stats and such of Uvuros, hehe. A challenge to tame to be sure. Holy Nova causes no threat eh? Interesting.

Also if you want to bring a healer, you could perhaps try opening up a mess of shots on him for aggro. Maybe get a rogue/hunter friend to also come for the tricks of the trade and misdirection.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

On occassion I like going for the difficult elite creatures purely because sometimes other players who target your pet will still see the Elite symbol around their portrait. Even better is when that glitch happens when for a moment your pet is its 'normal' size for a split second, and bigger is always better. xD

And for bragging rights, of course. ;)
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

My husband has one of the red core hounds from Molten Core...it took us 5 tries, 3 near wipes and alot of potions befor we got it. Stupid things can fear and all its a real pain but he is very proud of his core hound (especialy now since Blizz has the vanity pet to match..lol..and he calls me vain :lol: )
Jroaeyl
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Jroaeyl »

Once you've tamed Uvuros, then you're ready to tame King Krush too. :) It's the Terrifying Roar that you need to overcome. Good luck!