MOP Starter Zone - Hunter Taming (Pandaren Tiger)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
NetBlaise

MOP Starter Zone - Hunter Taming (Pandaren Tiger)

Unread post by NetBlaise »

I just hit lvl 10 got beast spec. Now I want to tame me that cool looking Tiger in the starter zone.. I go to tame it and it says you have to many pets.. ok cool.. So now I need to find a stable and put this turtle in the stable so I can tame this cool looking tiger.. I can't find a stable in this zone.. Is there a stable master in this starter zone? Can you come back to the island after you leave? Whats the deal.. If you can't come back then why the hell do they have tameable beast in this starter zone and we can tame them...
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: MOP Starter Zone - Hunter Taming (Pandaren Tiger)

Unread post by Kalliope »

No and no, sadly. :/ You can only take one with you. No idea why it's set up like that.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

NetBlaise

then whats the point? omg thats dumb.. don't all the other starter zones have a stable and your able to go back there? Damn i want that pet...
Kalliope

No, Gilneas and Kazan have the same problem with one pet only.

Someone brilliantly suggested in another thread that you tame your favorites from the starting area, then ticket for the ones you can't bring with you and had to release. It's a lot more work for Blizzard unfortunately, but we have a right to tame. :/

YouTube Edition

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

NetBlaise wrote:I just hit lvl 10 got beast spec. Now I want to tame me that cool looking Tiger in the starter zone.. I go to tame it and it says you have to many pets.. ok cool.. So now I need to find a stable and put this turtle in the stable so I can tame this cool looking tiger.. I can't find a stable in this zone.. Is there a stable master in this starter zone? Can you come back to the island after you leave? Whats the deal.. If you can't come back then why the hell do they have tameable beast in this starter zone and we can tame them...
Cats are useless pets until it learn its family skill at level 81
Kalliope

pop wrote:
NetBlaise wrote:I just hit lvl 10 got beast spec. Now I want to tame me that cool looking Tiger in the starter zone.. I go to tame it and it says you have to many pets.. ok cool.. So now I need to find a stable and put this turtle in the stable so I can tame this cool looking tiger.. I can't find a stable in this zone.. Is there a stable master in this starter zone? Can you come back to the island after you leave? Whats the deal.. If you can't come back then why the hell do they have tameable beast in this starter zone and we can tame them...
That doesn't mean people can't get sentimentally attached before then. :D

YouTube Edition

NetBlaise

pop wrote:
if cats are useless then what other pet should i get? I want something for dps....lvl 10 atm... i think i'm going to go Horde but who knows.... I no now that any pet can bet anything depending on pet specialation.. My pet is tank by default.. I switched it ti Feroicty but doesn't seem to do more dps at all... I might be doing it wrong..
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

A lot of people want to keep their first pet, as Kalli said, for sentimental reasons. That is rather sad there's no stable masters. Especially since it's easy to reach level 10 in those starting zones before you leave, and every other race has access to them. If Kalli hasn't already passed on the suggestion, I will :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
NetBlaise

Well I found away to tame the beast there.. I noticed a few other people in the zone with the tiger and i asked them how they got it.. they said that they abandon there turtle and got it... it took me awhile to remember how to abandon a pet but i ended up doing it.. I got the tiger and I'm happy... I can always use the pet as a tank/Fer/Cunning if I want.. I love the way it looks.. lots of detail...
Kalliope

I did. :D Because it is a good idea.

YouTube Edition

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
pop wrote:
That doesn't mean people can't get sentimentally attached before then. :D
A pets primary use is to kill mobs and help you on your adventure. I doubt that's considered useless. The buffs they bring are actually a very minor thing as most times it's covered.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Besides, all pets are useless except sporebats. :3
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Azunara wrote:Besides, all pets are useless except sporebats. :3
^ Trufax

LisaaraPokefarm

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Jessibelle wrote:ed.
I'm pretty much sure a disarming bird or snaring spider would be more useful to me be it levelling or pvp in bg than bringing a cat at level 20-80
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Wain wrote:A lot of people want to keep their first pet, as Kalli said, for sentimental reasons. That is rather sad there's no stable masters. Especially since it's easy to reach level 10 in those starting zones before you leave, and every other race has access to them. If Kalli hasn't already passed on the suggestion, I will :)
While you at it, Worgen and Goblin desperately need them as well
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

NetBlaise wrote:
pop wrote:
if cats are useless then what other pet should i get? I want something for dps....lvl 10 atm... i think i'm going to go Horde but who knows.... I no now that any pet can bet anything depending on pet specialation.. My pet is tank by default.. I switched it ti Feroicty but doesn't seem to do more dps at all... I might be doing it wrong..
Pets learn their family skill at level 20, except for cats which at level 81.

If you're going for highest dps and levelling solo, I find that 5% crit(wolf) adds the more dps as surv and bm and haste(hyena, serpent) if you're mm.

I do find however more often than not, the always missing debuff is the physical debuff from boars and ravagers.
NetBlaise

It seems like the best pets to start off with are:

*These pets get there special ability at lvl 20*

Hyenas - Crackling Howl (+melee/range attack speed of all party/raid by 10% for 2mins)

Raptors - Tear Armor (weakens target armor by 4% for 30sec. Stacks up to 3 times 6sec cd)
Raptors get there special ability at lvl 1... Very nice

Wolves - Furious Howl (+crit chance 5% to all party/raid)

Alot of the other pets are good as well.. Cats don't get there special ability till 60 or 80 i think.. But there special ability is extremely good..
Cats - Roar of Corage (+mastery 3,500 60sec duration 45sec cd)

Spirit beasy are extramly good as well... They get mroe then 1 special ability... Exotic pets....2 to 3 skills I think...

All the pets have there use's.. Make sure to look at the pets abilitys before you pick one...I just learned that lol.. I might store my cat and get a Raptor for Dungeons..And another for lvling...
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Abilities mean squat to me. I want them to be something I like...something I click with.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Especially at low levels the pet won't affect you much. And if you're not raiding it'll still mean little. So you take 5 sec longer to kill a mob because you took the pet you love rather than the one with the optimum buff? :) if you're not raiding then it's worth putting up with just to have something you love to use.

Kalli did report the lack of stable master in all three starting zones and I know it's being considered seriously. What happens I don't know yet but hopefully we'll see some. They have to be more careful and pick just the right spot in the goblin and worgen ones because of phases and area locks that could cause issues. As far as I remember, the Panda one isn't like that and you can usually get back to the temple from anywhere?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope

Wain wrote:Kalli did report the lack of stable master in all three starting zones and I know it's being considered seriously. What happens I don't know yet but hopefully we'll see some. They have to be more careful and pick just the right spot in the goblin and worgen ones because of phases and area locks that could cause issues. As far as I remember, the Panda one isn't like that and you can usually get back to the temple from anywhere?
That sounds right, yes. :) And there are even those helpful yak carts to help cover the distance faster!

YouTube Edition