Larva...in red.

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Larva...in red.

Unread post by Tilo »

Image 2012/02/07
Not even sure where this area is at, probably where Larva aren't

So as per the message here: http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/be ... cts/larva/

The Larva can come in red, however cruising around ghostlands, killing rats, & spiders to get larva to spawn, I've yet to find a red one, which is the one that I'd really like. I also didn't find any Larva in Naxxramas either.

Anyone else gotten a red larva yet? If so, was it ghostlands? Cause' all I see are: White, Gray, Yellow...no Reds :(
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Larva...in red.

Unread post by cowmuflage »

There is no red one in the Alternate Skins section there :/ Maybe it's for something else?
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tilo »

Marixtra
My larva that I caught was red, I thought I would mention this since it wasn't listed in the colors.
I've just yet to see a red one is all & was wondering if anyone else has gotten a red one there, in Ghostlands
Signature Kamoodle []
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

I know when I went searching, I tried to make sure I got all color spawns. It's possible I missed some, but *that* is definitely not a Larva. It's definitely in a place where Larva are not. I would think it's probably one of the worms from the Firelands raid, which look exactly like that: a red maggot model.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's probably a Kindleworm. They're all over the place in the Firelands raid, but there are sadly no battle pet versions (yet?). One of the Master Pet Trainers also has one of these as their pet. See: Carrion. The comments on that page also say it's not an available appearance. :(

There's also at least one beast that uses it: Blood-filled Leech, so if they ever make maggots tameable as worms then maybe you can have it as a hunter pet ;)

Wowhead also lists one creature in the Dread Wastes that uses it: Amber Parasite. But it's currently uncategorized.

Keep in mind that Wowhead only stores the info for one skin for each NPC, so a search by skin only brings up the ones where it's the first skin in the list. There could be other critters that use it as one of multiple skins that won't show up in that search.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tilo »

The individual from the warcraftpets site stated that the one they got, was red...I just haven't found one anywhere in Ghostlands, so I beg to ask where they got it at, even mailed them, no reply yet, just thought someone cruising around here, might've been able to snag one themselves.
Signature Kamoodle []
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh sorry, I missed that link to the comment before. The maggot that refers to is a completely different model to the one in your picture. The maggot in that pic uses the Outland model. :)

The creatures that use LarvaSkinDarkRed as their primary colour are: http://www.wowhead.com/npcs?filter=cr=3 ... kindarkred . No battle pets :( Of course that doesn't mean battle pets couldn't use that colour as one of several.

I wonder if that person was just confused and saw a brown one under weird lighting.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

It could be that the person got it confused with something else. But I can't find no battle pets that use that skin. Can that person who told you this like put a screenie of it in his pet list?
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tilo »

Killed all the rats, & spiders I saw till a larva spawned; no red ones but after talking with Matrix, it was revealed that it's possibly a color changer per battle you use it with
Signature Kamoodle []
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Tilo wrote:Killed all the rats, & spiders I saw till a larva spawned; no red ones but after talking with Matrix, it was revealed that it's possibly a color changer per battle you use it with
That seems to be a bug with taming secondary combat spawns. So if the larva is the second pet that shows up to the battle, capture that and see if it can turn red now and then.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

For the record, the linked comment has since been adjusted. Not sure what it said before, but apparently it was 'harassing guild members'.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kurasu wrote:For the record, the linked comment has since been adjusted. Not sure what it said before, but apparently it was 'harassing guild members'.
Yeah, that IS weird. Before it just said they'd found that pet in red.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tilo »

I honestly don't remember how exactly the entire conversation went, I don't do drugs nor drink I'm just really forgetful.

Yes I'd inquired about the red larva to one of the individuals guild members, I was rather excited, & I talked to them if they'd found one, of which they said no.

I was interested to find out when their guildie would be online next to talk to then directly. After being told they weren't online & would be online soon, I didn't mind waiting, but the guild member said they'd just mail me back & that was ok so off I went for other things.

After logging back on I saw their response, thanked them, & that it'd be neat if there was a static red larva in game, they said I "Creeped their guild mate out.", I apologized, & thanked them for their time.

Keep in mind, I would never fathom my inquiry would be considered harassing, & they never said outright I was "harassing" their guild member, so to read that the comment was changed to harassment, baffles me, in that all they had to do, was settle it when I was talking to them, they said "you creeped out my guild mate", I apologized, so I was under the impression that settled that, which I thought it did, but I was sadly mistaken.

So on that note, sorry whatever I said came across as harassing...
Signature Kamoodle []
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Er, I mean, I wouldn't worry too much about it, Tilo. I think that it was likely overreaction somewhere down the line, and shouldn't be too concerned. Honestly, if there's no proof that there's a red larva, then ... well... it's all wishful thinking. :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

IF they can't show screenies of it then I would not get my hopes up.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Wain wrote:
Tilo wrote:Killed all the rats, & spiders I saw till a larva spawned; no red ones but after talking with Matrix, it was revealed that it's possibly a color changer per battle you use it with
That seems to be a bug with taming secondary combat spawns. So if the larva is the second pet that shows up to the battle, capture that and see if it can turn red now and then.

So that's why I have a color changer lizard.
ImageImage
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tilo »

Gotcha', well here's for hoping for a red larva maybe with a patch 'crosses fingers'.... I'll settle for the grey, now that I can't find one :(
Signature Kamoodle []