Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Welcome! :D

kiechae(Fenghuang):
Green Sporebat

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Hey Tyger. I still have an open roll for Merowen, my level 80 huntress. Since I don't plan to level her anytime soon (and didn't log her in ever since Mists hit), would you mind giving me an other roll instead for one of the hunters I play?

Name: Larkania
Level: 86 (but you can roll me pets until level 87)
Exotics: yes
Restrictions: nothing diseased or undead please
rare pets she has (and will happily report about): Ban'thalos, Ankha, Arcturis, Gondria

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

kiechae
Realm: The Sha'tar(EU)

Unread post by kiechae »

I was given Green Sporebat.

Sporebats are only found in Zangarmarsh, kind of an odd place for a Pandaren to visit. Still, I like to explore so off I went. I first thought I would tame a young bat since they would be more likely to accept taming. Unfortunately none of them caught my eye, so I decided to try a more aggresive beast: the underbat! (On my way to the dungeon I spotted a beautiful blue fenstrider. I wish I had space to tame him too.)

Once inside I took a look around for the perfect bat. Using my camoflage I made my way past the swamp elementals until I found this guy:

He looked like he was in trouble! I quickly killed the elementals to save him. Oddly he wasn't impressed.

Oh well. I tamed him quickly and got out before more elementals came to stop us.

Back in Pandaria I took a closer look at him...

Honestly, he looks pretty gross. He has warts all over his back and the pretty green on his head melts into dull brown on the tail. However I do like his glowing eyes and his underside which drops little green and pink sparkles. The pink glow on his tail tips is very cute.

For his idle animation he will float about. Sometimes he will make an S shape like this:

His abilities are Spore Cloud which slows enemy casting speed by 50% and Mind Quickening which increases spell haste by 5%. He's kind of a special pet to have two abilities but be non-exotic! Since his abilities have to do with speed, I decided to call him Xun.

Enough staring, time to do some dailies! I respecced him to tenacity and went off to fight some monkeys. He tanked very well while I took my screenshots, hitting the enemies with his tail. His spore cloud looked like a yellow cloud of dust on the floor and made the enemy turn green with poison effects.

Unfortunately if you fight near neutral enemies, spore cloud will make them attack. It's not too much trouble though since he's a good tank for such a light looking beast.

I will be keeping Xun for now because I like his abilities even if he isn't that good looking. However when my goat's stomp ability is fixed I will switch Xun to a dungeon pet instead of a solo pet. Until then he will be in my active group.
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Finally did my assignment. ^^

I hope I got the right color, couldn't really tell, but anyways, as usual, I had Image assigned to me. The only place to find this particular colour of the wind serpent is in Feralas. So, I headed out there. Since nuramoc's younger brother lived there, I went and snagged him real fast, then headed to the coast to look for the wind serpent. 

Since my BG queue just popped, I thought why not take him in? I examined him over before the BG started and liked the model. 

I think it looked detailed for the type of animal it deserves to be. The scales' coloration blends together so well. The wings, however were orange apart from the red body. It threw me off quite a bit...  

My DPS was lacking without Violet, my shale spider and main PvP pet. I died more then normally, so that also threw me off.  I decided to dismiss the Wind Serpent and call out Yuki, aka The Razza, and tried her out. Sad to say, the wind serpent didn't please my needs at all, so I took him back to his home after the trip to the mines. 

All I wish is for someone who will appreciate him to the fullest to find him and earn a slot in their stables, instead of being an animal to collect dust in mine. 

I'd like another;
Name: Lasgif
Level: 90
Exotics: Yep yep. 
Restrictions: Nothig that makes noise. Oh, and monkies and gorillas. I'll also go look for rares if I'm chosen to. 

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Electraa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Electraa »

Name: Electraa
Exotics: Yep.
Restrictions: No rares please, anything else is fine. I'd prefer no tallstriders, monkey's, or gorilla's though.
Rares I Have: Too many to really remember. ;;

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kiechae: Welcome to the sporebat fan club! :P

Finduilas(Larkania):
White Porcupine

((Yay one of the new families! :D))

Eternallylostx(Lasgif):
Black Goat

((Woot for another new one.))

Electraa:
Black Bear

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Electraa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Electraa »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Electraa:
Black Bear

I was given "Black Bear".

It wasn't very hard to find my challenge, so off to Western Plaguelands I went. I then found the creature I was looking for, and began the "magical" tame.

With a few minor scratches, the beast was now by my side.

There was, however, a surprise for me. As I turned my head, I took note of the small black shape that had appeared beside of the bear.

A cub? Really? Of all things.. With a grumble, I gave the mother bear the name Rezna, and her little cub the name Chewy. After that, I whipped out my hearthstone, and hurried over to Halfhill market to do some dailies.

They "helped" me do some farming..

We went out and did what we were told, and this gave me a chance to look at Revna's animations.

They were okay. She would swipe her paws, rear up onto her hind legs, and snap at the enemy, but it wasn't anything too special.

Nearby, I brought her into the water for a swim.

She gave a steady paddle, it was quite fitting mind you.

In the end, I released Revna into a nearby cave with plenty of coverage and fish. Maybe we'll see a clan of bears in the Valley someday!

They were both really tired.

Name: Electraa
Exotics: Yep.
Restrictions: No rares please, anything else is fine. I'd prefer no tallstriders, monkey's, or gorilla's though.
Rares I Have: Too many to really remember. ;;

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Electraa:
Orange Beetle

[/center]
Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

I'd like to do one for both my hunters!

Name: Twilatsuki
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: SB's, any skin only found as a rare spawn

Name: Amisha
Level: 77

and.. GO!

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Oh this will be fun, considering I'm not a huge fan of goats

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Twila(Twilatsuki):
Undead Boar

Twila(Amisha):
Green Runed Demon Dog

[/center]
Xanaadu
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Xanaadu »

Name: Xanaadu

Exotics: Savage, Patrannache[Ichigo], Bloodtooth, Stompy[Cake], Hexapos, Portent, Ghostcrawler, Sambas[Pride], Skoll[Artemis], Duskstalker, Loque'nahak[Fate], Karoma[Lycana], Arcturis[Miracle], and Olm the Wise[Spectra]

Restrictions: No monkies, gorillas, or foxes please

I'm just looking for something random to get to know
Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

Looks like both my girls were off to the pleguelands! Neither of were to thrilled about their picks :P
ImageImage
Twila hates undead as well, but I pushed them both to move it and get it done!

First up is Amisha! My albino tauren hunter!

Amisha was the first to go out and seek out her assigned pet. She is more of a wolf person, very much loving her Timber that she tamed way back in level 10, corps running all the way (before cata), so a dog wasn't to far off. But on arriving to the pleguelands it looked like someone was busy clearing them out!

Hunting all over she finally found a small runt wondering under a fallen tree all alone, with others of its kin scattered around dead.

The pup attacked as she drew close, maybe thinking it was about to die as well? There was another person in the area.. better make this fast!

With our new friend by her side Amisha quickly left the dieing land for fresher greener lands down south. The pup now named Mist seemed to enjoy it and looked rather happy!

Sense we are in the Hinterlands, Amisha took Mist with her to check a little spot in hopes of finding something I've yet to see spawn.
It turns out green may be her lucky color and guess what was lurking in the cave and the ONLY one up!
And ya know what? It was an uncommon!(green!)

Well enough of that, Amisha has some needed tasks to do in Northrend still, so where off!

Now I'm mot a big fan of dogs, maybe if their lockjaw skill wasn't channeled it be better.. and green is not my cows color, but I do enjoy the looks of these modeled dogs and sense vanilla always wished for them to become tamable, shame their skill was a let down for me and in the end was what kept me from wanting one despite how much I adored their looks. There idle animation is adorable!

Being down there in crystalsong woods, Mist became really excited! Eager to explore these new lands!

The local wildlife didn't seem to thrilled about the idea however... as it wasn't long before Mist found a new 'friend'....

After a bad first impression in crystalsong we headed up to icecrown for some quests. Even with the litch king 'dead' they still had to clean up the rest of the undead.

Mist handled it like a pro, as DPS he was able to down mobs quickly, and as tank hend them steady, even managing to hold off a small (three mob) ambush until Amisha shot them down!

The quests went by very quick and to unwind after the battles they headed off to the tournament grounds. No batters were scheduled that day but they still took in the sights and had a nice run... did I say how much I love how these dogs run? <3

Mist may be sticking with her for a while longer.

Twila on the other hand wasn't as willing to take on her new pet... she even tried to delay it by doing pet battles instead. But she too arrived in the pleguelands to find..
Nope not happy at all!

Now Twila is no stranger to boars, as she has become very attached to her flaming pig Blaze that she very much adores. However the sight of these undead boars gave her the creeps.

Not wanting to be out in these lands for long, Twila picked a random pig to start the tricky task of taming.
The one she ended up taming practically jumped into her arms!

With her new 'friend' by her side, fit for the Halloween theme gong, Twila pulled out her hearth and made it back to Panda land... where 'Rotty' took in his/her? new sights and smells...

Though don't think the natives were to accepting of an undead pig wondering around.

Right off Twila went to work on her dailies, Rotty handed himself well, tanking the big guys while Twila planted bombs to blow up some cannons.

Boars are very well rounded tanks, able to take a hefty beating and their skill Gore helps provide extra damage to mobs. You also don't want to make them mad.

However not everything was going smoothly, these big boys seemed to be breeding like rabbits, popping up (respawning freaking fast x.x) all over so a some help from my other pets was needed from time to time to manage.

However even that wasn't enough for one encounter as Rotty quickly became swarmed over where even Mend pet being spammed couldn't save em!

Rotty went down, and Twila was forced to make a hasty retreat (FD was on cd x.x)

She acually felt a little... sad to see the body of Rotty... but the boar has gone down fighting, and could at last rest.

RIP Rotty.

Lets have another go!

Name: Twilatsuki
Exotics: Yes

Name: Amisha
Level: 77 (I really need to level her x.x)

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

Vexxan
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Vexxan »

Ive been having some pet problems and some people told me to come here :D so i guess ill try it out

Name: Jazarah
Exotics: Yup :3
Restrictions: No Monkeys/Gorillas, Beetles, Goats, Cranes. (Sorry if im picky)

~ Oh and im not rly a computer wiz so idk how to post screenshots so if someone could help me on that it would be awesome :D ~
The Strength in the Wolf is in the Pack

Legends Never Die
R.I.P Mitch Lucker
Keep Stomping On
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sorry for the delay in rolls.

Answering the question about how to post screenshots real quick before diving into the rolls (I really ought to make a section for this on the front page xD):
Finduilas wrote:When in your reply window there's a button "Full Editor" go there, then it changes a bit and you see smilies and colors and all kinds of things. Below the "Submit/Preview/Save draft/..." buttons there's a box where you can search for files in your computer, you choose a file and then click on "Add the file" then it will show your uploaded screenshot as a link. If you click on it while still in the "Post a reply" form it will pop up in a new window and you can copy the link and put it into your text by using [ img][ /img] (just without the spaces) and putting the link of the pic in between. Please make sure your pics are not too big, there are rules about how big pictures are allowed to be here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=123.

An other method is to use an imageshack (or similar) account to upload your pics there and then just copy the links from there to put them into your text with the [ img][ /img].

With the preview button you can check if everything works out before submitting your post.
That's one method provided there by the lovely Finduilas. :)

An alternative method is to load up a free account at a place like ImageShack or Photobucket. On there you'll find a code that looks like this (known as the IMG Code on Photobucket):

Code: Select all

[IMG]http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l482/TygerDarkstorm/Kazfon/WoWScrnShot_102812_120911.jpg[/IMG]
You just copy/paste that code (your specific code, not my example) into your post and you're good to go! :D

Now to the rolls!

Xanaadu:
White Chimaera

Also Xan, on the sign up form, for Exotics, all you need to put is Yes or No. :) I don't need to know every exotic in your stable (or their name); it's just a way for me to know whether or not to include exotics in the roll. :)

Twila(Twilatsuki):
Brown Spiked Dragon Turtle

Twila(Amisha):
Grey Tallstrider

Jazarah:
Red Worg

[/center]
Xanaadu
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Xanaadu »

Oh, hehe, I didn't know, sorry about that.

Well after that little mistake I was ready to roll out. Getting on my favored mount we made for Winterspring!

Upon getting to the chimaera breeding grounds I noticed a loner off to the side of the pack. And since I was in a bit of a hurry, with maintenance almost upon us I quickly tamed this little beauty.

Then we hearthed back to Panda-land and headed out to our farm, but Yuu and Ki, as I've called the two heads decided they wanted a dip in the shimmering pools first.

Although I enjoyed the dip as well it was time to get our chores done! First up, the harvest!

Then the tilling of the land...

Yuu and Ki really seemed to enjoy the farm, though they did wander off sometimes!

But oh how were they a help with getting rid of those pesky birds that wanted to eat my freshly planted seeds! I really, really enjoyed their masterful way of snagging the enemy and really laying into them with their deadly frost breath!

Though they weren't much help with those pesky weeds =/

All in all I really, really enjoyed my new pet, Yuu and Ki! I look forward to really getting into some battles and seeing their true mettle!
Vexxan
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Vexxan »

My Pet was red worg, man this brings back a good friend, when my brother used to play wow his #1 pet was Barnabus but he has quit wow so he got released when i went to the Badlands there he was waiting for me, he was a little angry at first being released for that long with no love is hard but after he knew who i was and i wanted him he listened.

After he was mine i decided to test him with being my partner he will have to go through lots of tough challenges and with Jazarah being part dragon we will
be going into a lot of hot places......

I was very impressed it didn't seem to affect him so our bond grew stronger.

Next we were on our way to the garden but it was raining and Barnabus didn't seem to enjoy that...

After a couple hours of tugging, bites and pleading he finally came out and we went out to the water i told Barnabus he could go out but he never left my side...

It seemed Zuko has taken a liking to Barnabus also, Barnabus is still weary about Zuko but i think he will warm up to him.

Once we got to my Garden and all the work was almost done it seems Barnabus was already part of the family...

I Love Barnabus and he will definitely be staying for a long long time i love his laid back attitude and him being very protective, Im glad i found a lost member of the family.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_110212_140427.jpg
WoWScrnShot_110212_140427.jpg (80.17 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
WoWScrnShot_110212_140620.jpg
WoWScrnShot_110212_140620.jpg (63.09 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
WoWScrnShot_110212_140955.jpg
WoWScrnShot_110212_140955.jpg (122.38 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
WoWScrnShot_110212_141209.jpg
WoWScrnShot_110212_141209.jpg (93.92 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
WoWScrnShot_110212_141716.jpg
WoWScrnShot_110212_141716.jpg (142.01 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
WoWScrnShot_110212_141235.jpg
WoWScrnShot_110212_141235.jpg (75.33 KiB) Viewed 3111 times
The Strength in the Wolf is in the Pack

Legends Never Die
R.I.P Mitch Lucker
Keep Stomping On
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

My pet challenge this time for Larkania was the white Porcupine. I was excited. A new pet family. And a small one, too. You know, Larkania is a Tauren Lady. She loves big pets and she has a smoky porcupine..... It was going to be interesting.
Larkania began her journey back into the Jade Forest. She was already questing in Kun Lai, but she hadn't reached the zone with Porcupines there so I decided to do the safe way and tame a porcupine in Jade forest. Safe way! While standing with Knuff (her Chibee) unsuspecting in the lush grass an Alliance guard from the village nearby suddendly thinks it would be funny to attack Larkania. I was standing so far away from the village I hadn't even seen there were guards. He appeared out of nowhere, killed Knuff and followed Larkania who was trying to flee and caught her in a nasty net to kill her. NOT NICE! That's not what you do to unsuspecting Tauren just wanting to tame a porcupine. Cursing the damn guard Larkania hastily tamed the next porcupine she could find and fled to the Orcs near the shore where she would begin her adventures with Susi, the porcupine.
First Larkania inspected her new companion. In the hurry to flee from the Alliance village she hadn't had time to take a closer look at Susi. Susi's color is a nice creamy white and her quills are striped with grey. She has a cute black snout and reddish-brown eyes that actually have pupils (unlike the eyes of so many pets). Susi's model is lovely detailed, no pixel flaws can be seen on my resolution. And she's a really small pet. In the first pic you can see her standing next to Larkania. Normally I don't like small pets, like demon dogs or crabs, with Larkania, but Susi is so small she's already really cute. I had thought the white model would be boring, but it's not.
The running animation, too is very cute. Little hops in what seems to me like a galopp.... but I'm not sure. She's so tiny it's hard to see how her feet move.
Next Larkania took Susi with her to Kun Lai to continue her tasks there. They started with killing evil Yaungol and their pyromanic leaders, destroying oil platforms and rescuing poor Pandaren from their doomed fate as slaves. Susi started as a ferocity pet, but she seemed quite squishy. More squishy than my spirit beasts seem to be, but this could be also the reason because she has no real defensive skills like a turtle or bear or a own heal. I then changed her to tenacity and she did better. It was also easier for her to keep the aggro of several mobs thanks to having thunderstomp. I still gave her misdirection when fighting more than 2 enemies. I had the impression she had more trouble tanking like my rhino.
When returning from the Yaungol camp Larkania and Susi noticed a strange thing in the distance. A huge manifestation of the Sha. It was angrily shouting around and infected the Mushan and Yaungol near him and even the sky was darker than usual. After taking a pic with the Sha in safe distance they decided it would be the best to leave.
They continued to a farm where Larkania helped to return and wash Yaks. Susi helped to kill the boss of the local Yaungol stealing the Yaks. She's the tiny thing under his Yak and she's responsible for the huge thunderstomp effect :)
After all the Yak adventures and delivering the clean ones to the Grummel (are the guides called Grummel in English, too?) Larkania thought it was time to have a own Yak. I love the size difference between Yak and Susi.
Then Larkania, the new Yak and Susi climbed the way up to the temple of Xuen. They mastered his tasks, secretly wishing it had been the real King Varian they killed. After spending some time in the temple with meditation, prayers to the Tauren ancestors and enjoying the spectacular view they left again.
After the visit in the temple a strange little creature started following Larkania. It looked like a little Elekk. They had found the little guy in one of the prayer rooms and he hadn't left Larkania's side since then. Maybe some tourist had forgotten him. Because he liked Peanuts a lot, this became his name. Peanut. Peanut although bigger in size as Susi never showed any interest in fighting. Where Susi was quietly walking or idling, only waving her little tail, Peanut liked to trumpet his joy to the world. At the end of some eventful days Larkania decided to take the two to a swim. Peanut again enjoyed it a lot, Susi was just paddling behind Larkania. She didn't seem to excited about the water. Both pics were taking while swimming but still she looks like only idling in the water.
I like Susi. She's a cute little girl. Together with Peanut she looks even smaller. I mean she's smaller than him in body size. Without her quills whe would be really tiny.
Sadly her special ability wasn't useful for Larkania while questing. A small 2 sec stun isn't much although it affects all enemies close to the porcupine. It might be helpful in a Battleground, but even there you can't tell your enemies "Hey group around my pet so it can stun you!". I don't think I will keep her. Larkania already has a porcupine, a smoky one at the moment but I plan to change it into Bristlespine. I don't know if porcupines will grow in patch 5.1. but for me and my other hunters they are definetely too small. I like them with Larkania because the size difference is just ridiculous and it looks funny to stampede with Chibee, Rhino and porcupine. I still hope they will increase their size so I can tame one with Findu. At the moment she can't bond with any of them because they are too small. I also see problems with porcupines in Battlegrounds or Arenas. Sometimes your enemy kills your pet (especially if you are a Beastmaster) like I noticed, because my pet can kill a player without me even being near the enemy. Targetting a small porcupine could be a pain and if you have hunter with porcupine and a minipet like Larkania you can easily target the minipet instead of the hunter pet.
I don't want to cause any arguments or provoce the happy owners of little porcupines, but it's my personal opinion that it would be unfair to have such a small pet. Imagine a porcupine with glyph of lesser proportion in an Arena. I would be offended if I was the opponent.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Maunkitten
Realm: Moon Guard-Alliance, Wyrmrest Accord- Horde

Unread post by Maunkitten »

Hello, hello!
I am back with a new username- my old one was Hyacinthjen, but due to real life issues I no longer have the email address for that one. Also, after I requested TWO hunter random pet challenges at the same time, I only got one done before those pesky RL gremlins shut my internet off for.. a long time.

But. I have returned! With a lesson learned. One at a time from now on.. :)

That being said, I would LOVE a random challenge for my middle-ranged hunter.

Verica
Level 47
MM spec.

Thank you!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Welcome back. :) Since I'm not sure how long you've been gone, please feel free to scan through the first page to get a refresher. :)

Maunkitten(Verica):
Orange and Red Dragonhawk

::OR::

Red Tarantula

[/center]