Rockhide the Immovable? I think not!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Rockhide the Immovable? I think not!

Unread post by Melissa »

I was being a little bored after doing my Shado-Pan dailies... And suddenly saw Rockhide's tracks. I've already tamed him, but I thought, eh, why not see if I can find him again? Sure enough, 5 minutes later, I saw him. In my boredom, I wasn't sure what to do now I found him... So I shot him. What??? But anyway, it appears he will follow you no matter where you go... No kiting required. Attached a screenshot of the result...
Attachments
Casually walking through the city
Casually walking through the city
WoWScrnShot_111112_202135.jpg (454.08 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
And a mean rogue killed him... :(
And a mean rogue killed him... :(
WoWScrnShot_111112_202203.jpg (419.23 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Rockhide the Immovable? I think not!

Unread post by Loki »

Yeah he got a little ganked :( Poor Rockhide. But it might be fun to sit him on top of Neverest or something xD

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Melissa »

So ofcourse my first thought was... Would it work with other pets?

Portent spotted near the transmogrifier. Now we know how he changes color everytime. I feel bad for Madexx now, he has to walk all the way to Orgrimmar to transmog...
Attachments
Portentially bugged
Portentially bugged
WoWScrnShot_111112_204551.jpg (407.11 KiB) Viewed 1945 times
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Melissa wrote:So ofcourse my first thought was... Would it work with other pets?

Portent spotted near the transmogrifier. Now we know how he changes color everytime. I feel bad for Madexx now, he has to walk all the way to Orgrimmar to transmog...
Lols xD

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Huh.....that's odd! And they're fully visible without a flare, if I'm seeing that right?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Melissa »

Kalliope wrote:Huh.....that's odd! And they're fully visible without a flare, if I'm seeing that right?
They always are when they're in combat or in a flare. (Taming does not mean they're in combat; they need to actually be attacking something. For example when trying this with Portent he'd ignore my shots for about 1 whole minute. Not sure how that works "Hey, uhm, Portent, I'm shooting you in the face, you seem pretty calm about it") If you follow them with Hunter's mark, you'll actually see a stealth buff; much like rogues / druids, they can't keep it in combat.
I have a Tumblr!
Kalliope

Melissa wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Huh.....that's odd! And they're fully visible without a flare, if I'm seeing that right?
They always are when they're in combat or in a flare. (Taming does not mean they're in combat; they need to actually be attacking something. For example when trying this with Portent he'd ignore my shots for about 1 whole minute. Not sure how that works "Hey, uhm, Portent, I'm shooting you in the face, you seem pretty calm about it") If you follow them with Hunter's mark, you'll actually see a stealth buff; much like rogues / druids, they can't keep it in combat.
The combat thing is news to me! It was only flares that worked before, at least on the beta. Kiting a beast out of a flare would mean that non-hunters couldn't see them anymore.

YouTube Edition

Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Kalliope wrote:
Melissa wrote:
The combat thing is news to me! It was only flares that worked before, at least on the beta. Kiting a beast out of a flare would mean that non-hunters couldn't see them anymore.
It's also hilarious to use Scare Beast on them while they are patrolling. Tracks all over the place xD

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

Kalliope

Loki wrote:It's also hilarious to use Scare Beast on them while they are patrolling. Tracks all over the place xD
That one we knew about. ;)

YouTube Edition

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I thought they were invisible to everyone except the person in combat with them/if they have Hunter's Mark on them, only the hunter could see. Huh. Nice to know.

Sad to see a rare dead though. :S
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

Kalliope wrote:
Loki wrote:It's also hilarious to use Scare Beast on them while they are patrolling. Tracks all over the place xD
That one we knew about. ;)
For some reason they don't leave tracks when in combat though. It's probably part of the buff that hides them when they patrol.

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!