Blizzard Wants Hunter Pet Feedback

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Blizzard Wants Hunter Pet Feedback

Unread post by Kayb »

omg, everyone should be telling them that we should be able to choose whatever talent tree we like for any pet
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

MY account is frozen atm. =[
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Dakonic »

SOMEBODY MENTION MASTIFFS!! K?
Ich liebe dich
(I love you in German) ^_^
Image Image Image Image
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I'm glad there are so many other squirrel enthusiasts out there. Ohhh I hope they do it. I know they probably won't, but mannn it'd be funny. Special ability;Foam at mouth, causes enemy target/player to be infected with rabies attacking its allies/self. :headbang:

oh and don't worry lost pf ppl are begging/threatening for mastiffs.
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Honestly, with all the water areas getting added, I'd love to be able to tame a shark. Obviously only useable in water. Could have the standard bite attack, with maybe a "Shark Frenzy" attack which doubles attack speed for X seconds.

Land wise? Why not a mamoth? (It'd be just like taming a rhino.) Lower levels? Zebras, deer, giraffes... could all have the same attack just different skins. It would have been fun for my Dranei hunter to have a zebra or giraffe at level 10.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I honestly love the idea of water pets. Sure it could be considered a minor inconvenience, but with the plethora of stable slots we seem to be getting I'm sure it would be worth it. I can see it implemented easily enough as well, you would just get a message like 'That pet cannot be used here' if you tried to summon or call it out of water.

WTB Thresher pets. >.>
Chanteloup
Realm: Gnomeregan

Unread post by Chanteloup »

Water Pets = Win.
More Dinosaurs = Yes, thank you.
Ungulates = Why not? Pokemon have killer elk, why not wow? Shoveltusk smash! Now use Confusion! (j/k) And with a Warstomp ability? Awesome! and I agree with wow.com examples like a pet that acts like a mobile windfurry totem, or a modified heroism buff.
Also, yes to Kayb! Being able to choose your own pet talent tree seems like a no brainer. However, tanking with a moth? or a fox? that might be strange. but it would open up so many options and let you customize your gameplay with your favorite pet. BUT then where does it stop? A duel spec on your pet?

But seriously guys: no dragons (ever) and no tamable druids/humanoids (what??)) Let that go, that is silly....or maybe don't hold your breath. (but if i could unlimmited wishes one would be for a Fey dragon which i would use always)

As for Tamable mounts, that would be epic. A giraffe mount? Flying into Stormwind on your Pterrordax? I mean, that’s basically just character flavor. BUT I could see where that might cause some class jealousy.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

how about rock flayers from outland
i know the ones in shadowmoon and in some other places are beasts and their 4 hooked claws would make for a nice quad strike attack
EDIT:i refined the idea and posted it on the topic
heres my idea for the Quad Strike ability

Quad Strike:The rock flayer attacks in a quick burst with its 4 claws each strike has an increased critical strike chance but also has a 25% reduction in hit chance

BREAKDOWN
1st attack=100%-normal crit chance
2nd attack=75%-reduced+25%increased crit chance
3rd attack=50%-reduced+50%increased crit chance
4th attack=25%-reduced+75%increased crit chance
Last edited by Zangor on Mon May 10, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falconer
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Garrosh

Unread post by Falconer »

Chanteloup wrote:But seriously guys: no dragons (ever)
I was thinking, what about a different class completely. Dragon Trainer!!! Now that would be cool. Some kinda cross between a hunter and a warrior. Maybe the toon would be melee instead of ranged with a dragon assist. (new thread material?)

My picks-
-water pets
-ungulates
-rideable pets
-WOLVERINES!!!!

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

I don't think certain dragonkin are to far off the mark, really. Consider that we can tame spirit beasts, which are one step down from the god-like creatures of the trolls, and devilsaurs, which are scarily smart in Un'Goro ((Don't laugh! They always seemed to know just when to strike!)) and even the silithid, which kind of share a hive mind.

IF, and we all know it's an extremely long shot, it were possible, then I'd want only the non-humanoidish ones to be tameable. I mean we already use them as mounts, right? So why not as pets? Better yet, make that the 51 point BM talent....

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I could see a class in which each character formed a lifelong bond with one dragon. Kind of a Warhammer While Lion but in WoW, with dragons.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be a hunter. *grin*
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Mortiriel wrote:this is my list for the (EU-)thread. mostly gameplay related.
but I think my "every beast should be tamable" covers a bunch of new pet-familys :D

1. Every type/family of beast should be tamable. Want to run around with a stag, fox, badger, basillik or zhevra as pet? no problem.
2. Exotic pets still exist and can still be tamed only by BM-Hunters. But they are now only very rare skins within a family. e.g. Mazzranache the only pink tallstrider ingame would be an exotic pet. other tallstriders would be normal pets
3.a Every pet has access to every pet-talent-tree. But as soon as you spend the first point in a tree the other two are locked out. Want a ferocity turtle, a tenacity fox or a cunning kodo? On the other hand a 5 Ferocity, 10 Tenacity, 5 Cunning Pet wouldn't be possible.
3.b before talentpoints every pet has the same stats.
3.c Inspecting pets to see the pet-talent distribution is now possible
4. Depending on family a pet now can distribute a missing buff or debuff in the same strength as a certain class could. Missing Windfury? Theres a pet(-family) for that. Want to debuff a boss with sunder armor? Then theres a pet(-family) for that.
5. Special pet abilitys like stun, root, disarm, knockback etc which are currently pet-family-skills are now accessible within the pet-talent-trees (maybe not all, but the most fun and most useful)
6. Animated and "voiced" pet-emotes for everybody!
7. One or more pure ranged pet-familys now exist (e.g. Wind Serpent now has a ranged autoattack, or Silithids spit spines or something like that)
8. Hunters can now do a quest to tame themselves a mount

on a sidenote: this is my first post. so: Hi everybody!
Hi Mortiriel. :) I think it's a great list, I just wanted to comment on one thing: I really don't think the pet buffs/debuff should be as powerful as players'. If you're missing an enhance shammy to drop windfury totem then yeah, bring out X pet that'll give a similar-but-weaker buff. But if it's on par, raid leaders may be tempted to balance raids around hunters' pets simply because they won't have to choose between, say, Moonkin aura and the windfury buff if they just bench the shammy and bring the moonkin + hunter instead. A pet should never be on par with a player.

I looooooove the idea of locking the other two talent trees once you pick the one you want to use. Great suggestion. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Sarayana

Mania wrote:I could see a class in which each character formed a lifelong bond with one dragon. Kind of a Warhammer While Lion but in WoW, with dragons.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be a hunter. *grin*
I just got through Dragonsong, Dragonsinger, and Dragondrums in 3 days total. xD I read them back in elementary school and forgot all but random details, but a well read bookstore employee finally figured out what books I was referring to (after asking around for 3+ years) so... Total nostalgia trip! Anyway! Bonding with a dragon for a lifelong relationship/partnership sounds a lot like Impression. :D I'd play that in a heartbeat. <3

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

*nod* My Albino Drake is named Ruth. *grin*
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I would adore taming Wyverns and Gryphons.

Maybe Wyverns apply a 'stinging' like Debuff similar to the Wasps.
Gryphons could have a rend like Raptors? XD

More skins too!

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Tygamoon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Tygamoon »

Awe the dragon singer trilogy! That never occurred to me to tame one dragon as a lifelong partner. I gotta go out and buy those agine.....
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Dakonic »

In blades edge mountains there are some hostile orcs that have whelps as pets, in howling fjord some have shoveltusks as pets. Why not us?
I think there will be atleast one totally new species never before seen. Look at each expansions, Burning Cursade : Dragonhawks, Netherrays, Sporebats, Ravagers, and Warpstalkers. Wotlk: Rhinos, and spirit beasts.

Each expansion also had new dragon like mounts. ^^ Nether Drakes, and Proto Drakes I can't wait for Cataclysm.
Image Image Image Image
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

celestial88 wrote:In blades edge mountains there are some hostile orcs that have whelps as pets, in howling fjord some have shoveltusks as pets. Why not us?
I think there will be atleast one totally new species never before seen. Look at each expansions, Burning Cursade : Dragonhawks, Netherrays, Sporebats, Ravagers, and Warpstalkers. Wotlk: Rhinos, and spirit beasts.

Each expansion also had new dragon like mounts. ^^ Nether Drakes, and Proto Drakes I can't wait for Cataclysm.
Not just hostile orcs; hostile humans and etc too.

Anyways taming LESSER Dragonkin isn't so far fetched, when you think about Proto Drakes, many are classified as Beasts not Dragons, not Dragon-kin, but beasts. Obviously most of them are, while not stupid, at the same level of beasts or lower in intelligence than the creatures we tame today.

We tame raptors that are a few steps away from being considered a sentient species. We tame devilsaurs; we tame wolves, cats, beasts akin to gods. The mates of gods. The offspring of gods.

Lesser, and I mean lesser Dragon-kin such as Protos wouldn't be that far fetched. Most likely Exotic only for the most part.

But they aren't far fetched.
Sarayana

Mania wrote:*nod* My Albino Drake is named Ruth. *grin*
<3 Now I want a green one and name it Path. :D

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

The Pern series, wow. It's been a long time.....

Mania, FFXI actually has the dragoon class that does just that. You get a little wyvern, and he changes what he does based on what you do. If your secondary class is a healing class, he'll cast healing spells, if it's a physical damage class, he'll do physical damage skills, if it's a caster, he'll cast some spells.

Side note, I love my white lion.....

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.