Where the Wild Things Are in Patch 5.1

For discussion of the upcoming 5.1 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Where the Wild Things Are in Patch 5.1

Unread post by Maizou »

Has anyone checked Glimmer or Pat's tracks in the last few builds? We've had plenty of reports that Hexapos' are still backwards, but anything about the other two?
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

Just found Pat, he's still backwards.

Edit: Glimmer is not corrected either.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

I'm getting the feeling that the patch is more or less finished. That being said, I don't think we are getting a spirit beast this time around, which isn't such a bad thing, considering all the shiny new pets we are getting.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

That does seem to be the way we're headed, which is fine. Plans change and perhaps Blizzard has decided to spread out the shinies. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Unread post by ligewolf »

i think i would prefer a spirit crane over a spirit yak due to size i mean or why not a spirit porcupine. Maybe a spirit serpent? something thats not a wolf or cat plis haha.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

ligewolf wrote:i think i would prefer a spirit crane over a spirit yak due to size i mean or why not a spirit porcupine. Maybe a spirit serpent? something thats not a wolf or cat plis haha.
When some yaks were mistakenly made tameable on the beta, they were surprisingly compact. More like goat-sized, but a bit thicker of course. My main concern if they made a spirit yak is that yaks have.... kind of goofy run animations. It's cute and all, but not very mystical ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Wain wrote:
ligewolf wrote:i think i would prefer a spirit crane over a spirit yak due to size i mean or why not a spirit porcupine. Maybe a spirit serpent? something thats not a wolf or cat plis haha.
When some yaks were mistakenly made tameable on the beta, they were surprisingly compact. More like goat-sized, but a bit thicker of course. My main concern if they made a spirit yak is that yaks have.... kind of goofy run animations. It's cute and all, but not very mystical ;)
Solution: RP walk everywhere! ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Kalliope wrote:
Wain wrote:
Solution: RP walk everywhere! ;)
The mere thought of RP walking everywhere is painful, good lord.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

combatboots7

Unread post by combatboots7 »

I just tamed Bombyx on Draenor, so he is live! Good luck, and happy hunting for the rest of y'all.
Kutleki
Realm: Antonidas

Unread post by Kutleki »

Can confirm Bombyx is in game. I tamed him on Antonidas around 11:00pm Eastern time. He was a nightmare and kept getting away from me because when I flared him out and started to tame, he wouldn't stop moving, so I lost him several times. Even if you start shooting him, he doesn't become aggressive and just keeps scootin' away (also tried this with several other rares in Pandaria and they seem to be doing that as well.)