EDIT: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 FIXED

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rarehunter1
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Taming Buff Pets in 5.1 --Guide--

Unread post by Rarehunter1 »

Every horde I've talked to including myself can see Kung Din after getting the Upjade Complete achievement.

Just take some time finishing up that achieve and you'll only ever need 1 person.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Kung Din is phasing out, for both factions, in the middle of the main questline. Before you start it or after you finish it, he will be there, but in the middle there's a point where the Hozen in Slingtail Pits are phased out due to jinyu occupation. Along with them disappears Kung Din.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Thank you Zhinru, finally someone else knows what Im talking about and Rarehunter1 I have been doing that all morning , I was merely making the point that he can be phased. Also thanks for offering to help its really appreciated. :mrgreen:

EDIT: The Alliance quest that phases him out is "Let Them Burn" (the one where you get Fishy)
Let Them Burn.jpg
Let Them Burn.jpg (460.42 KiB) Viewed 2650 times
Abandoned Let Them Burn.jpg
Abandoned Let Them Burn.jpg (447.19 KiB) Viewed 2650 times
Last edited by Rawr on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

k got jade serpent as quest hub on Ally for crane today if anyone wants to help I can help ya' too, let me know, will have to try another day after today cause it'll change tomorrow.
Last edited by Tilo on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

I've been wondering recently, since this sort of thing is unintentional, and it can be considered an exploit, could you get into trouble doing this?
I mean, obviously doing it for pets with buffs that increase damage or something, but for the visual only ones?

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Tsuki wrote:I've been wondering recently, since this sort of thing is unintentional, and it can be considered an exploit, could you get into trouble doing this?
I mean, obviously doing it for pets with buffs that increase damage or something, but for the visual only ones?
The last we heard officially (which was two years ago), visual-only pets SHOULD be okay, so long as it's not something that makes your pet harder to target than usual or something. Basically a "use your best judgement" sort of ruling on a case by case basis.

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 07#p201107

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rykochet
Realm: Quel'Dorei

Unread post by Rykochet »

Back in Wrath Blizzard put out a statement saying it was "Ok" to tame for visual buffs, people started exploiting (via Blight hound, AQ boss bugs) this taming method so they tried to stomp it out.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

One of the 3 last quests (or all 3) in the "Overcoming Doubt" achievement ('Jaded Heart', 'Residual Fallout', 'Emergency Response') phases Kung Din back in. :mrgreen:

Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Confirmed: Even if the daily is up on your server, you may still not be able to see the Sha Cranes unless you are eligible. I ran there on my fresh 85 where my guildie confirmed the daily was up -- I could not see any difference, both in the party with Tilo and outside.

I do not know if it was affected by the fact I was not a 90, however.
Deso
Realm: Kargath

Unread post by Deso »

can anyone confirm that this still works, I skipped getting kung din on my ally hunter because it was phased but I got it on the horde hunter, so I took the advice I saw today and got kung din out of phase by doing the last quest you listed, it unlocked at the very end before you take mishi to the next zone to start questing there. So i started taming with a buddy for like an hour and noticed something weird, before when I rezzed the pet and was successful, the rez would stop and say your pet is not dead or whatever. Now it changed, I still see no flash from pet taming, no notice that hes 90 and he dissapeares and i hear the tame lvl up sound BUT the rez starts going through and it will rez a normal tiger instead of kung din, same thing happened with oil stained wolf. Can someone post if they have successfully tamed it as of jan first, cus it seems different now.
Amber
Realm: Lightbringer-US

Unread post by Amber »

There have been successful tames today. That's something that can normally happen, usually when you get two bodies briefly (the mob, and the pet).
Deso

Unread post by Deso »

has there been? great ill get back on taming kung din, but something feels so different, I have even ended up with my rez being cast twice once to get the pet back alive and then again right after it show a rez cast going off just to say that pet is aleady alive at the end of the cast. It seems my rez is able to go off before the tame ends by just a fraction of a second, I even stopped using the macro that was listed here and used the normal rez with a scroll wheel keybind and the same double rez occurred when I would normally have a successful tame.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

I got Kung Din today so the buff tame is still possible, I used the macro btw, what is your lag like if I may ask. :mrgreen:

Amber

Unread post by Amber »

I definitely helped two people today, so we're still good to go.
Deso

Unread post by Deso »

81 ms home 90 world 30 fps on ultra
great to hear the tame works, hate to be a pest but anyone want to try this with me, it's a bit hard to convince others to do it and explain the tactic unless they come here to learn
Deso

Unread post by Deso »

so it seems a certain hunter forgot his tame beast minor glyph was activated, so you all know it wont work with that glyph lol. Well wasted quite a few hours today I will get that kitty in the morning!!
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

Deso wrote:so it seems a certain hunter forgot his tame beast minor glyph was activated, so you all know it wont work with that glyph lol. Well wasted quite a few hours today I will get that kitty in the morning!!
I'm pretty sure I had that active when I got my Sha kitty...

Siggy under construction!

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Tsuki »

The glyph would make the timing different, but since it's ~seconds until casted, it shouldn't be an issue...

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Deso

Unread post by Deso »

wow, so i guess its just bad luck for me then lol, still trying kung at the moment before I pass out for the night.
Amber

Unread post by Amber »

I've asked most people that I help to use the glyph, makes the timing much easier (on my end). So I'm 100% sure that's not it.