Vanilla wolf compared to Worg Q

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Vanilla wolf compared to Worg Q

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Last night I had my vanilla wolf (Mist Howler) with me while up in the Howling Fjord showing a friend around the area. I kept eye balling the Chimaera and always have. I decided to give one a shot and release my wolf. The tame was very easy of course and I started killing a few shoveltusks in the area just to see. Me and this new pet were just not clicking. :( I started really regretting letting my wolf roam free.
Up at Fort Wildervar I release the Chimaera and instantly started looking for a Worg to try after all .................. it's still a wolf. I saw the white one walking with one of the Skorn humanoid hunters and told my friend "Kill the human, don't touch the worg." I did a beast lore and noticed he had really high damage. Tame went off without a hitch. Here's the funny part and actually part of my question. After taming his damage went down.
Why would it go down after taming?????
He didn't change levels.
Thinking it was maybe that he was lower level then me or something crazy like that I ran some dungeons to get him to my level. Once the Worg hit 73 I noticed there was no major change in his damage. I noticed the Worg definitely being larger though. I ran with him for a little while longer and just still not really 'liking' him or feeling the bond. (Curse you Blizz for making us wait for stable slots!) I decide to head to Ashenvale to see if I can find Mist Howler and get lucky. ( yes yes I know I know, same as every other wolf skin blah blah blah) I was honestly shocked to find him at his most northern spawn point. I was so so happy. This tame of course goes off without a hitch to. When he was fed and at level 69 I did a beast lore on him and happen to notice his damage being higher then the Worg at the same level.
:?:
My mist howler is now at level 71 and still seems to be carrying higher damage then the Worg after taming. I know I was tired but I didn't think I was so tired to be seeing things but maybe I was.

Is there a difference in damage between a wild pet and tamed??
Is there a difference in damage between different skins of the same type???

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Re: Vanilla wolf compared to Worg Q

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

Yes, there is a difference in wild pet stats and tamed pet stats.

Last time I checked, no there is no difference between pet skins. Actually, there is no difference at all across families. Ferocity will all have the same DPS ((If you take all the same talents for them)) Cunning will all have the same DPS, and the same applies to tenacity.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Palladiamorsdeus wrote:Last time I checked, no there is no difference between pet skins. Actually, there is no difference at all across families. Ferocity will all have the same DPS ((If you take all the same talents for them)) Cunning will all have the same DPS, and the same applies to tenacity.
Assuming they are specced the same. I inadvertently specced Gondria different than Loque ans Skoll, and Gondria's dps is lower. Not by much, but lower. It was only one point placed in a different talent too.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Yeah, a tamed pet's stats are based off you, the hunter's, stats, so there shouldn't be any difference between the wolves. Unless, as the others have mentioned, you specced them differently. And as FuzzyDolly pointed out, it only takes one misplaced point to do it too.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons