PATCH 5.2 MODELS! [POTENTIAL PET COLORS!]

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Re: PATCH 5.2 MODELS! [POTENTIAL PET COLORS!]

Unread post by Zangor »

i just took into account the average size of Devilsaur type creatures in the world and if they where not patrolling like the ones of Un'goro then the island would be severely crowded (unless some would be baby devilsaurs) so i thought blizzard might throw us a nice reminder of our first time with the scary beasts and have them patrol the perimeter of the island. Dire horns would probably be alot smaller so they could be normally spawning creatures. Oondasta may also have a few devilsaur roaming with him in the tar pits. but until a new build adds stuff to the island nothing is known! EXCITING ISNT IT!?!
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I'm wondering if the island's population will shift from day to day with dailies or something to that effect. There really isn't much space to put giant dinosaurs. :/

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

I'm giving a good guess here, but because of the size of the Isle of Giants, the Devilsaurs and many of the other giant dinosaurs may suffer from a little thing known as insular dwarfism. But seeing as Devilsaurs are still huge compared to the island, I'm giving it another good guess and saying that they may behave like Komodo Dragons, in that their form of population control is that they eat eachother or simply swim away to another island and eat more things there.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

i kind of wish i ran i private server or could spawn every devilsaur that has existed in the game. i want to do a size comparison study to see which is the biggest and calculate the average size of devilsaurs. but unfortunatly Oondasta is only on the PTR and private servers arent something i really want to deal with. maybe with enough screenshots and calculations i could...who wants to get stepped on by Oondasta for science?!
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

I also took into account the references from the Isle of Giants. Obvious one is Jurassic Park, but due to our newest (and badass) world boss edition, it has a Monster Island sort of feel to it. (From the Godzilla Franchise)

That being said, would be nice to include monster-sized aquatic animals swimming around the Isle. Would really make you feel intimidated by the area.

I like the idea of having different dinosaurs come out into the open during parts of the day. (even a rare with the tracking somewhere on the Isle would be amazing)

THIS ISLE ALONE MAKES ME SO EXCITED. (DINO GEEK FANBOY MAN-SQUEEL)
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

Equeon wrote:Hnngh! So many skins... but I can only have one of each type!

Maybe..? Where is this model viewer? I'll have to check out each color's animations...
Yeah xD Those are the two I'm thinking about for my own hunter. Or maybe...

But mostly organic ones, I think.

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Crotalus Horridus
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: N/A

Unread post by Crotalus Horridus »

PorrasouxRex wrote:I also took into account the references from the Isle of Giants. Obvious one is Jurassic Park, but due to our newest (and badass) world boss edition, it has a Monster Island sort of feel to it. (From the Godzilla Franchise)

That being said, would be nice to include monster-sized aquatic animals swimming around the Isle. Would really make you feel intimidated by the area.

I like the idea of having different dinosaurs come out into the open during parts of the day. (even a rare with the tracking somewhere on the Isle would be amazing)

Monster-sized aquatic animals you say? Oh ho ho, I have the perfect idea. . .

ejpaints
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aerie Peak

Unread post by ejpaints »

Crotalus Horridus wrote:
PorrasouxRex wrote:I also took into account the references from the Isle of Giants. Obvious one is Jurassic Park, but due to our newest (and badass) world boss edition, it has a Monster Island sort of feel to it. (From the Godzilla Franchise)

Monster-sized aquatic animals you say? Oh ho ho, I have the perfect idea. . .

Judging by the corpses on the shores that don't look like the old sea monsters.... I think this might already be planned.
Enikka & Gara.
Dini

Unread post by Dini »

The red Dire Horn is my favourite :)
But I still like my King Krush more than the new Devilsaurs.
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Does any of these beasties have wowhead pages as of yet? I've been digging in the wowhead PTR news section with little luck and I'd love to sneak peek at the models via the wowhead "view in 3D" feature. ;)
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

okay i added all possible colors of the armored devilsaur model. i also added Tortos model. i also browsed the dungeon journal for tortos and found out that the non epic version of that new dragon turtle skin is used on adds he summons during the fight.

one final thought but does the orange/pink armored devilsaur remind anyone of a warcraft version of MetalGreymon?
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

nice.now seeing as we got some new dinos and new devilsour skins and i know nothing has poped up about this its just hopeing is that should we also be keeping and eye out for some new raptor skins.cause from the new cats and turtal skins to come with mop i would think that possible to go with the dino theme they could also add raptors.can't have an epic dino world without sneaky raptors now can you.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I'm curious about the armored devils! Is it possible that we'll have a shot at taming those with armor pieces? I originally thought that it would be a 'Nupe.' since Oondasta was the only one with the armor to start with, but seeing more colors, I'm heavily wondering if those might be available to tame.

I would certainly love it and add one to my stable with the other devils I have. >.>

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Damn, those turtles really do look cool. All in one row, they seem like some kind of pokemon evolution, with the non-spiked version being the first pokemon, and the spiked version the second with the third, boss version, being the final form. xD

I would actually love to have a pet in RP like that, who changes as he grows older.

I also would love it if there's a new rare King <insert name> Devilsaur mob implemented that was tameable that had the armor after taming. It really does look like the armor for royalty. Royal devilsaur! :headbang: :lol:

All that aside, I'm a bit sad that the new white devilsaur model/skin has no pink/purple markings and eyes. I always thought that contrast was striking on the old model. Ah-well.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Qraljar wrote:Damn, those turtles really do look cool. All in one row, they seem like some kind of pokemon
Very interesting observation! I had never thought of that, personally.
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

I like the red Dire Horn, but I think the green is my favorite b those red eyes on the green skin are quite striking.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Qraljar wrote:All in one row, they seem like some kind of pokemon evolution
Mind = Blown. :shock:

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

i fixed the evolution series so it makes more sense. now it goes regular thunder turtle, epic thunder turtle, boss thunder turtle. enjoy it ;)
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Zangor wrote:i fixed the evolution series so it makes more sense. now it goes regular thunder turtle, epic thunder turtle, boss thunder turtle. enjoy it ;)
I think we can also remove the "presumably" from the Dire Horns since one of our people actually tamed one on PTR.
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Zangor »

Zhinru wrote:
Zangor wrote:i fixed the evolution series so it makes more sense. now it goes regular thunder turtle, epic thunder turtle, boss thunder turtle. enjoy it ;)
I think we can also remove the "presumably" from the Dire Horns since one of our people actually tamed one on PTR.
done and done!