WORLD FIRST: Solo Goda Kill

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

WORLD FIRST: Solo Goda Kill

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Today I was exploring Isle of the Thunder King, because I felt because of the Right-Click Hotfix to go ahead. Well, I came across a rare spawn, Goda, a Level 92 Rare Elite who portrays himself as a boss unit from a 5 Player Heroic. Despite this, I logged onto my Paladin, Sacrifice, and decided it was time to see what I could do. This video explains this rest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h1wzJAl ... tube_gdata :lol:

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: WORLD FIRST: Solo Goda Kill

Unread post by Lisaara »

Too bad that doesn't really count on the PTR...tis a feat but....it's only a 'world first' if it's done via live. x3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

i concur with Junrei here. and besides world firsts only matter with raids to me. server first tames are fun too but not as big and flashy.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Indeed and you can never know if you were really 'server first' with tames since such lacks achievements. It's more going based on assumption.

LisaaraPokefarm

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Good job, It really doesn't matter what's more important to anyone else, you did something that was challenging and you have every right to take pride in your achievement.

Watusie
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Watusie »

awesome job :)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Also, just remember that this is the PTR. If he's supposed to be a five-man, and he gets soloed? There's a really good chance that when live comes out, he's going to be tougher. It's fairly easy for them to ramp up the difficulty in the PTR, after all!

Congratulations on your achievement, but be prepared that in Live, it may suddenly be a whole lot harder to reproduce this! :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Thank you everyone for your support! I will try and do a Retail Kill as well, and post it :D

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Junrei wrote:Indeed and you can never know if you were really 'server first' with tames since such lacks achievements. It's more going based on assumption.
Unless it's the very first day a place is available, right after it becomes available. :O This is how I know I had Deth on Suramar first--I popped in on the second day due to that soft reset and everything was up, waiting.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ziarre wrote:
Junrei wrote:Indeed and you can never know if you were really 'server first' with tames since such lacks achievements. It's more going based on assumption.
Unless it's the very first day a place is available, right after it becomes available. :O This is how I know I had Deth on Suramar first--I popped in on the second day due to that soft reset and everything was up, waiting.
True. I was server first to get Ban'thalos on Moon Guard on Jessibelle.

Either way, this was a feat, which is awesome, but not something to go around saying you were 'world first' since it's on PTR. :3

LisaaraPokefarm

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Junrei wrote:
Ziarre wrote:
True. I was server first to get Ban'thalos on Moon Guard on Jessibelle.

Either way, this was a feat, which is awesome, but not something to go around saying you were 'world first' since it's on PTR. :3
There is a lot of confusion between this and 'world first' achievements.

I have tried avoiding confrontation many times as to hope the bashing would stop, but now it is getting out of hand and is really pissing me off.

The technicality of a "World First" is to be the First in the World to do something. I never said "World First Retail Kill" or "World First Live Kill", I said "World First Kill" because it was the "World First Kill". Just because it is on PTR, doesn't mean it isn't a World First. There may not be an 'Achievement' for it saying I have it, but there is video evidence, right there, on YouTube, with the Link, that I killed it, so let me just organize this logic, by you saying 'Its not a world first because its on PTR' is like saying, 'Oh, well, you weren't the first in the world to do (insert achievement here) because you aren't in America, or on this server, or because you are this class, or because you aren't in this guild.. ect.'

Do you see what i'm saying? By saying "Oh it isn't a world first kill because its on PTR" makes NO LOGICAL SENSE! PTR is just the same as WoW with minor modifications and adjustments to fit the needs of those servers to test the future content!

To be honest, I am at a point that this has pissed me off so much, that I don't care if I am flagged, that I don't care if I am reported, that I will happily take that ban, because I am so pissed right now. I can't even put it into words, so I am going to end this post on a positive note and thank everyone who has supported me and appreciate it. Thank you all again for your patience and understanding if you see where I am coming from.

― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lazur, I apologize if you took my words the wrong way, as I was not in any way bashing you or your accomplishment(hence why several times I said it was awesome and something to be proud of, so I was showing support and grats for taking the bugger down). All I was saying is that personally I wouldn't count it as a world first. World first things, atleast in my opinion, are stuff done on Live servers where everyone has a fair shot. It's not fair to others to say "I got world first!" when not everyone plays on the PTR. It would be like me saying "I got world first Ban'thalos tame!" if I tamed him on the PTR, where no one else would have a fair chance.

Plus I feel, most times, the PTR is unbalanced, and the enemies are not tweaked properly(more often than not, they're underpowered or overpowered) as well as classes(monks are currently OP as all get out with their new ability). On Live, enemies are usually where they should be and so are classes(keyword being usually...not always, hehe. I've seen stuff slip!).

All in all, the accomplishment is amazing and I'd call it a PTR First Solo Kill rather than a World First Kill. That's all I was saying. Again, I apologize for my words not come across appropriately as I wanted them to. I hope this helped explain what I truly meant. :)

LisaaraPokefarm

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Junrei wrote:Lazur, I apologize if you took my words the wrong way, as I was not in any way bashing you or your accomplishment(hence why several times I said it was awesome and something to be proud of, so I was showing support and grats for taking the bugger down). All I was saying is that personally I wouldn't count it as a world first. World first things, atleast in my opinion, are stuff done on Live servers where everyone has a fair shot. It's not fair to others to say "I got world first!" when not everyone plays on the PTR. It would be like me saying "I got world first Ban'thalos tame!" if I tamed him on the PTR, where no one else would have a fair chance.

Plus I feel, most times, the PTR is unbalanced, and the enemies are not tweaked properly(more often than not, they're underpowered or overpowered) as well as classes(monks are currently OP as all get out with their new ability). On Live, enemies are usually where they should be and so are classes(keyword being usually...not always, hehe. I've seen stuff slip!).

All in all, the accomplishment is amazing and I'd call it a PTR First Solo Kill rather than a World First Kill. That's all I was saying. Again, I apologize for my words not come across appropriately as I wanted them to. I hope this helped explain what I truly meant. :)
I should also apologize, there was some misunderstanding between both of us,

― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

*gives biiiiig hugs!* I really didn't mean any harm, honest! <3 No hard feelings?

And you definitely did something I probably couldn't. I have a hell of a time with the rares we got now! XD (I'm lookin at you, pandaren rares.....)

LisaaraPokefarm

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Lazurianis wrote:The technicality of a "World First" is to be the First in the World to do something.

actually, just to avoid future misunderstandings: "World First" means the first on a server. It has nothing to do with being the first person on Earth to do something, because if that is the case, some Blizzard employee probably has you beat by a few weeks.

As others have correctly said, doing something on the PTR has a different value than doing it on Live. We never know if things are balanced as they should or not on the PTR.

I understand, as I am certain others on the forum do as well, that you are rightly proud of doing what you did. But simply be aware that claiming something is a "World First" when in fact it was on the PTR, will probably get a bit of resistance from people. That is the important thing for you to take away from this.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Sukurachi wrote:
Lazurianis wrote:The technicality of a "World First" is to be the First in the World to do something.

actually, just to avoid future misunderstandings: "World First" means the first on a server. It has nothing to do with being the first person on Earth to do something, because if that is the case, some Blizzard employee probably has you beat by a few weeks.
Wait, what? No dude! World First really is when you're the first in the world to do it. When you're first on the server then it's a Server First that's used. People also use American First and Europe First at times for stuff that was first done in those regions, most often used after the other region got a World First.
ImageImage
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I believe he meant 'First on any server on live.'

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Me I personally dont care about world firsts or server firsts especially regarding tames cause.. really? its not that big of deal, you got something you really wanted what does it matter that you got it "first" before others. You logged on after the download from hell to stare at a spot while fighting server restarts and lag of doom I get that its awesome but still.. its a pet. World first raid kills level etc can understand for some thats awesome, for me.. I just worry about doing my own things, say grats and move on lol. But to each their own.

But really congrats on the kill :) seems like a really tough fight!

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!