Jaina and the horde. (Spoilers?)

For discussion of the upcoming 5.2 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Re: Jaina and the horde. (Spoilers?)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Even despite my rawrblahblahblah (I need to stop going on the internet before I've had my tea, because then THAT happens and it's bad and I apologize), I WANT to like Garrosh (I *loved* him in Cataclysm) but they sure are making it hard for me to. He has at least one awesome moment in the Korune questlines, now if only I wasn't too busy being an angry blood elf to appreciate it. I mean, he just tears through lines of mogu without a thought and ends up saving your hide whether he intended to or not. BREATHTAKING. But then, you know, the recklessness and rashness and "I'm going to impale you on a pike if you stop me again, elf", uhhh, uhhhhhh, no.

I'm also too busy being an angry blood elf (who has a large crush on Aethas Sunreaver) to pat Jaina on the head or, or hug her? Eeehm. If only my main was a Troll or something. I could give her a Garrosh voodoo doll and that'd probably occupy her for a while. It wouldn't really be a new doll, though, because Vol'jin was just using it. Here, and make sure to pass it to Lor'themar when you're done with it, please? but... anonymously, I'm not sure how he'd feel if it was sent "with regards from Proudmoore".
Oh well. I should have kicked Thalen Songweaver across Kalimdor if I had known it'd lead to this nonsense. Whatever, Jaina. WHATEVER. I'm not even mad, just WHATEVER. It's just Blizzard.

I'm predominately Horde and I'm really bad at leveling alts so I've got no knowledge of Alliance quest lines beyond Jade Forest (WHY DON'T HORDE PLAYERS GET TO SEE THAT GARROSH WAS USING EVIL BAD WARLOCKS WE DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA OF THIS AT ALL YOU BETTER BELIEVE NAZGRIM WOULD FLIP A LID AND BUST SOME CAPS) so my only understanding is that Varian and Jaina have essentially swapped attitudes at this point and that's rather amusing to me? Just the mental image of Varian being like "omg settle down bro" makes me giggle. I can give Blizzard credit for actually writing Varian a bit?? Blasphemy.

But yeah, Horde. Sorry that I talk about it so much that's just my experience. :oops:
I've got two oddball theories about future Warchiefs and one is that assuming Nazgrim survives the wrath of the writers, he will get one final promotion, either to the Orc racial leader or at the very least a good right-hand position akin to Saurfang. Speaking of Saurfang, yeah, Saurfang. I really shouldn't be holding out hope for Nazgrim because I mean I was war buddy to him and his lovable gang through all of Pandaria of course the whole lot of them are going to be a final raid boss because that's the perfect knife twist. Ugh.

Second: Remember Warlord Zaela? BRING HER BACK INTO THIS. She's got a good head on her shoulders.

Sudden Death Match Third Choice out of Nowhere?: Anduin Wrynn. Ha! Ha! HA! I'm not serious don't give me that look.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

BLah, I wants my old Horde back. Admittedly, I'm really enjoying the levels of good and bad that the Horde and Alliance are showing right now. The Horde starting quests in Jade Forest were great, I loved the focus on honor and bravery in the face of ridiculous odds. That's the Horde I know. Ferocious in battle, tough as steel, and not always nice, but bound by honor and bravery. I've hated seeing it get more and more corrupt under Garrosh's leadership.

That isn't to say I always hated Garrosh. He really had potential for a little bit. After Stonetalon, I was growing quite fond of him. But then Theramore happened and yup I want my old Horde. >.< *Joins Baine*

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

The new warchief will be Wrathion
yes pretty much this
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Junrei wrote: [...](Wrathion) could be so much better but instead he's just a whelp and he acts like he knows everything and is trying to commit total genocide to his flight without the proper knowledge other than "Oh they're black! They must've followed deathwing!". [...]
But isn't it just what whelps tend to do? Of every species? :roll:

Even though I've seen it comming, I'm kind of dissapointed with the newly datamined Wrathy-Andy. I knew that "the Two Princes" will probably end up with those two interacting in a ying-yang manner, but I'm afraid they're going a bit overboard with Wrathy, possibly setting him up as a future Big Bad.
I'd hate to see him killed as a boss. He's such a wonderfull character, great touch of being not-entirelly-on-our-side, just happening to have common goals and needing us to fulfill them. That's the thing that made me fall in love with both him and Klaxxi.

@Jaina:
Just. About. Freaking. Time.
Now I want Dalaran over Org, a floating citadel filled with mages, locks and lazor chickens, a Death-Star-style assault, a smoking crater quickly filling with water. And while they're there, they can just as well clean Azshara of some green rats :twisted:
I know it's wrong... but a dwarfette can dream...

Oh right. And where is Kalec?

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I've not got any Alliance characters high level enough to do the Jade Forest stuff from that side. What's Garrosh doing with warlocks in that zone? I kinda assume it's in the very early quests there.

It's not surprising that he is, though. The revamped Ragefire Chasm kinda implies that someone *coughGarroshcough* is trying to make some kind of super fel orc warriors down there.
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Basicly alliance side for jade forest that the Horde warlocks are capturing padaren children by using eyes of kil'rog teathered to them possibly as a way to sway the pandaren into helping them or use for experiments " don't remeber if it was said why". Also there is a huge camp full of imps and a beholder in some forcefields guess to use later for an attack. The big thing is the "lead" warlock forget his name ends up corrupted by the sha.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

It's basicly the same as the Horde quests in The Jade Forest. In the Alliance side the Horde are the ones capturing children and in the Horde side it's the Alliance who are capturing children and adults. Same thing with the Sha as the Alliance leader gets corrupted by them. Both are doing wrong in the Jade forest really XD
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

It's actually not the same. The alliance was having them work for them but as a horde you just let then go or tell them.. "Yeah go home now.". However the horde warlocks DID capture children and are using demonic eyes to bind them. It's both bad yes BUT on one hand you can clearly see the bad path that the horde is taking specifically because of Garrosh. The alliance came to Pandaria to find Anduin and yet Garrosh wanted to take the land for the horde and "Paint the continent red with blood." or something like that. I'm not saying the alliance is all good BUT in this scenario they're the lesser of two evils while Garrosh is in power.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I'm glad you are not saying the alliance are goodie tooshoes that never do wrong things. I'm getting sick of die hards saying that at this point. XD You'd think people would realise that after the shit that happend in Cata.
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

cowmuflage wrote:It's basicly the same as the Horde quests in The Jade Forest. In the Alliance side the Horde are the ones capturing children and in the Horde side it's the Alliance who are capturing children and adults. Same thing with the Sha as the Alliance leader gets corrupted by them. Both are doing wrong in the Jade forest really XD

Alliance free the pandaren Children from the eyes binding. None of the quests asks to capture accept the horde. Well least the alliance quests do not indicate this so if the horde quests do then yeah. :cry:

Basicly it's what Vissara said. Alliance comes in to look for Anduin since the horde attacked the fleet he was in, we then help the padaren in the village then attack the warlock base freeing the pandaren children while going after the lead warlock.

And yes Alliance is just as guilty with stuff too, But as of right now Garrosh is going a bit too crazy with the fel stuff..
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Well none of the Horde quests ask you to catch kids XD It's not the same group you are with in the Horde plot line. Nor is the alliance side you fight the same as the side from the alliance quests.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Aye there are two different sides. I do wish that each side had been able to see the main baddie of the other side. What I find is sad is that the alliance general who gets possessed when you kill him on the horde side cries out that he let Varian down. When you fight the Orc warlock though he just screams evil. I did find I felt more threatened when I was on the alliance side fighting him than the other way around. That's not to say both sides don't have their faults but I'm pleased that Varian is getting hold of himself, it's completely opposite than Garrosh who I believe when he finally goes to far cannot be redeemed and needs to be knocked out of power.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

You know what would be funny as all hell? If they did a Babality on Garrosh and then raised him up all good and proper.