The New PetEmote Thread - Incubus Ideas

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: The New PetEmote Thread

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Poesje wrote:If I can suggest a feature, I think it would be nice if it would only show emotes to other people with the addon rather than to everyone. I get angry whispers from people when I use it, so Ive been running without it and missing it lately.
I have never gotten any whispers but one time , at the start of a LFR raid, I was asked in chat if I was a Role Player. I thought it was a stupid question since my name would never be accepted in Role Playing so I ignored the question. Now I'm thinking it was because a pet emote appeared in the chat. I hadn't even thought of that and it's the only reaction I've gotten.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Sounds good, Falcon! Should make life easier on Varethyn when implementing. :D

I'd also like to see "Dire Horn gently nuzzles his/her master's side with his/her whole face."

Because....well, I see that EVERY TIME I log in....*lol*

Maybe with an optional ending: ....causing him/her to inadvertently take a step to the side.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Since I was missing some emotes I'm not certain what is and isn't in the core addon over at Curse, I asked Teigan for her old files and attached the zip file to the bottom of the first post.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Kalliope wrote:Sounds good, Falcon! Should make life easier on Varethyn when implementing. :D

I'd also like to see "Dire Horn gently nuzzles his/her master's side with his/her whole face."

Because....well, I see that EVERY TIME I log in....*lol*

Maybe with an optional ending: ....causing him/her to inadvertently take a step to the side.
I'm hours late (sorry about that!), but I added your earlier idea to my post, Kalli, with credit to you as well. ^_^ That's an adorable emote, and the optional ending to it made me giggle. How about these for it?

- nearly knocking him/her off-balance.
- and rumbles contentedly/affectionately.

If you don't like them, just let me know and I'll delete 'em from this post. I had a third one, but saw that it was the same as yours, just worded differently. :lol:

*facepalms* To everyone else who complimented my emotes whom I failed to give thanks to before: Thank you a bunch, your kind words really mean a lot to me! I'm sorry posts tend to slip by me unnoticed. :oops:
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Maybe the direhorns can have the same 'tail' emote as the devilsaurs, where they thump you with their tail or nuzzle you and you fall over.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Another idea for direhorns, this may have been mentioned already but I didn't see it :oops: , is giving them emotes like the rhinos have. Stirring up dirt /dust by you etc. I can really picture them being this way like elephants and rhinos.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Looking good! :D

Kalliope spreads her arms wide and hugs her dire horn's side, smiling blissfully with each of his breaths.

(Yeah, okay, Jurassic Park, yay!)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Not and idea but a question about the addon.

There are these wonderful emotes you can have in English. As someone using a german client with the language German I always get the same old, old emotes from the first German version. Is there a way I can swich the language in the pet emote addon so I can get all the nice emotes in English although having my game language on German? When I was still playing on an English server and switched language to English it worked fine, so it's not that I don't have the English emotes. My German pets just won't use them and I don't know how I can make them use English :(

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Sorry for the delay in your answer, Findu. I had a chat with my brother about it but he reckons the best way to do it is write them all out in German. I, personally, could have sworn there was a translator somewhere but it may only have been for another addon I'd seen. If you, or anyone else for that matter, would be interested in doing that for us it would be appreciated.

In other news a small addon update has been made. Hopefully it has fixed ghouls and voidlords using the same emotes, humorous as it is. I was also told gorillas were also affected by this, but we couldn't find anything out of the ordinary about them. If anyone still gets strange cross-family emotes let us know.

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Hopefully this won't affect my old version; I've grown to love my voidlord shouting about brains and whatnot. xD Though I'm glad its fixed for those people who didn't like that.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Is the new mini update on curse or on here?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Ah sorry, it's on Curse. There's a link to it in the first post if you need it :)

Clou
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Area 52, Wyrmrest Accord, Moonguard

Unread post by Clou »

I forgot how much I like this addon - used to use it ages ago; stopped playing my hunts for a while, and switched computers in the meantime. I came back to my hunter recently, and figured I'd get this again.

So yeah, I tamed a Quilen on a whim (saw the 'white' one and fell in love). I was doing dailies and pulled way more than I should have at my gear level - managed to kill all of them, ending the fight with Thunder at around 20k health. He strolled back to me and emoted stretching and shaking out his mane - like it was business as usual. I dunno, it just amused the heck outta me. Like he was all 'OK, what's next?'.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

Hey Vaerthyn. I don't have much time with work and real life at the moment, but if I just would have to translate the emotes and you could replace the old ones with them I would try to do it. It might take some time, but it would make me (and many other german hunters probably too) very happy.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I got the update from Curse and now in 5.2 my Direhorn is mute. I check the Custom Emotes lua file and there are no Direhorn emotes in it.
Jadein92
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore, Thrall

Unread post by Jadein92 »

I got the update from curse as well, and my goul is still yelling. "Dirtsmasher yells angrily!"

Art by FlailingKitty on Flight Rising

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Jadein92 wrote:I got the update from curse as well, and my goul is still yelling. "Dirtsmasher yells angrily!"
I bet I know why that is. Likely the brother only removed the "phantom emotes" from voidlords. I'll poke him about it when I can - we've both been in and out of the house a lot recently.
Danielfboon wrote:I got the update from Curse and now in 5.2 my Direhorn is mute. I check the Custom Emotes lua file and there are no Direhorn emotes in it.
That's because the direhorn emotes haven't been uploaded yet. I didn't say that they had. Now before you chase me off with torches and pitchforks let me toss out a couple of excuses.
First up, I'm still new at this. I've never had an addon to work on before, I only supplied the written ideas.
Secondly I thought the patch was still a week or so away and so hadn't worked quite so diligently as I probably should have.
Third, as mentioned above, the brother and I haven't always been around to work on them much anyway.
I'd prefer to test the emotes before uploading them on my own direhorn, but I'm out again today and the earliest I'll get to farm a tome will be tomorrow as I also raid. Unless something else crops up the direhorn emotes will be up within the next few days.

Jadein92
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore, Thrall

Unread post by Jadein92 »

Varethyn wrote:
Jadein92 wrote:I got the update from curse as well, and my goul is still yelling. "Dirtsmasher yells angrily!"
I bet I know why that is. Likely the brother only removed the "phantom emotes" from voidlords. I'll poke him about it when I can - we've both been in and out of the house a lot recently.
Danielfboon wrote:I got the update from Curse and now in 5.2 my Direhorn is mute. I check the Custom Emotes lua file and there are no Direhorn emotes in it.
That's because the direhorn emotes haven't been uploaded yet. I didn't say that they had. Now before you chase me off with torches and pitchforks let me toss out a couple of excuses.
First up, I'm still new at this. I've never had an addon to work on before, I only supplied the written ideas.
Secondly I thought the patch was still a week or so away and so hadn't worked quite so diligently as I probably should have.
Third, as mentioned above, the brother and I haven't always been around to work on them much anyway.
I'd prefer to test the emotes before uploading them on my own direhorn, but I'm out again today and the earliest I'll get to farm a tome will be tomorrow as I also raid. Unless something else crops up the direhorn emotes will be up within the next few days.
No problem Varethyn :) I was just letting you know so you knew. And take your time! No one is rushing you :)

Art by FlailingKitty on Flight Rising

Holgarr
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US - Alliance

Unread post by Holgarr »

Gotta echo the comments about how fitting it would be having the Direhorn's emotes take pages from the rhinos and devilsaurs and whatnot. Just an idea, y'know?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw Falconcrest's post... those are absolutely PERFECT.
Image Image
Varethyn
Petopia Artist

I think I'm getting the hang of this shtick. Direhorn emotes have been added and, as usual, the zip-file is available at the bottom of the first post :) Let me know if I've butchered anything and feel free to keep offering suggestions.