Pokemon!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Pokemon!

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Aleu wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:What I like best are the people that say the only really *creative* and *cool* pokemon came out during Gen 1. Gen 1 is great and has some great mons, sure. But I have to giggle when people go "Wow three stupid monkeys, Nintendo is running out of ideas" and they completely ignore, say, Voltorb and Electrode. Or Geodude. Lovely pokémon, but not elaborate, perhaps.
I will likely get based to hell and back, but I put a lot of Gen 1 Pokemon up with the least creative designs... Especially in terms of Evolution. Magneton is the worst offender of them in my opinion. Someone decided to glue three Magnetmite together. XD I actually find a lot of the later designs to be very creative, if no more creative. I like how Nintendo gets bold with them.

...ANYWAYS. I'm putting my money on it being related to Mew and Mewtwo, but not an evolution or a form of either. I believe it's an entirely new Pokemon. That being said... I still think it's walking on eggplants.
Well putting two icecream cones together is just as bad :lol: To me I've found Gen 5 to be the worst. Mostly with legendaries. Those "3 musketeers" ones being the worst.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not attacking anyone or anything >.> tiss good not to like everything!

What worries me about the youth of today is I've seen heaps of young people on DA call hating a Gen racism! :S I......how....what? I have proof to back this up too!
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

So to get off this whole Gen deal since its really going in circles...

Today at my campus they had an event called Chalk the Walk. It was about 3 hours long and I was in class so I couldnt participate. They would give you a bucket of sidewalk chalk and a sidewalk square to draw whatever you wanted on it. The sidewalk was COVERED. I spent some time walking around looking at them all when I saw my favorite..

Right beside it someone had drawn..

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

cowmuflage wrote:
Aleu wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:What I like best are the people that say the only really *creative* and *cool* pokemon came out during Gen 1. Gen 1 is great and has some great mons, sure. But I have to giggle when people go "Wow three stupid monkeys, Nintendo is running out of ideas" and they completely ignore, say, Voltorb and Electrode. Or Geodude. Lovely pokémon, but not elaborate, perhaps.
I will likely get based to hell and back, but I put a lot of Gen 1 Pokemon up with the least creative designs... Especially in terms of Evolution. Magneton is the worst offender of them in my opinion. Someone decided to glue three Magnetmite together. XD I actually find a lot of the later designs to be very creative, if no more creative. I like how Nintendo gets bold with them.

...ANYWAYS. I'm putting my money on it being related to Mew and Mewtwo, but not an evolution or a form of either. I believe it's an entirely new Pokemon. That being said... I still think it's walking on eggplants.
Well putting two icecream cones together is just as bad :lol: To me I've found Gen 5 to be the worst. Mostly with legendaries. Those "3 musketeers" ones being the worst.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not attacking anyone or anything >.> tiss good not to like everything!

What worries me about the youth of today is I've seen heaps of young people on DA call hating a Gen racism! :S I......how....what? I have proof to back this up too!
I dunno. I kind of like the Musketeers. Genies... there was no reason for another trio. >.> I'm usually fond of the trios save for the Genies and the Golems. Not really fond of them.

Also, I like the ice cream Pokemon. If I ever get a craving, I can just send them out. =D

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I just can't get past their designs :S but to each their own and all that.

You know if D-arts does anymore Pokemon figures after the Gen 1 starters come out I'd like a highly posable Eevee and it's Eeveelutions. Just start with the Gen 1 ones and move to the others. So Eevee first and then the others.

I also think they should of made the grass and ice ones evolve from items and not leveling near a rock..... Or at least make a rock in each game that does the same thing. Is there one in B&W or do you have to trade?
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I'll admit it. I like the ice cream pokemon. And yeah, the leveling near a rock was a pain in the gyro. I like Keldeo. He's my rainbow pony. :D (Yes, I'm old. Yes, I still like rainbow ponies. DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT). I still adore Skitty.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

What. I'm sorry, but what exactly is wrong with the Legendary Musketeers? >.> They're the best Legendaries, in my opinion, quite frankly. *Huggles her Keldeo plushie*

Hey look Senna still exists
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I dunno, I'm with Cow. Not a huge fan of the Musketeers. The biggest offender to me is Cobalion. Legs just don't work like that. I'm sorry. They don't. They look twisted on and backwards and it really ruins the pokemon for me. If I had to choose among them, I don't really mind Virizion. But long story short, just not a fan of the Musketeers. Their designs are kind of weird.

As for gen hate, eh. I understand having a preference. S'cool. It's when people start bashing other gens that I roll my eyes and call them stupid. I don't care if you hate the new gen or think it's uncreative or whatever. Again, no one is forcing you to play it. And besides, it's understandable to not like it, that's alright. It's cool to like the first gen. Just don't call people who like the new gens stupid or silly or whatever condescending nickname you can come with. /shrugs

The genies though. Agh, certainly not my favorite and I dislike them far more than I dislike the Legendaries. I'll admit it, of the new batch, Reshiram/Zekrom are my favorites. (Though I'll certainly grow to love the fuck of Yvetal once I get my hands on it. Aw yis.)
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

cowmuflage wrote:I just can't get past their designs :S but to each their own and all that.

You know if D-arts does anymore Pokemon figures after the Gen 1 starters come out I'd like a highly posable Eevee and it's Eeveelutions. Just start with the Gen 1 ones and move to the others. So Eevee first and then the others.

I also think they should of made the grass and ice ones evolve from items and not leveling near a rock..... Or at least make a rock in each game that does the same thing. Is there one in B&W or do you have to trade?
The ice rock is in Twist Mountain. Grass rock is in Pinwheel forest
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I'm not entirely fond of the Musketeers, I love the two lesser genies (not Landorus), I love Reshiram and Zekrom but Kuyrem looks like a dragon on a long crack addiction (though to be expected considering he's the leftover shell from Reshiram and Zekrom's separation.

All in all though, I haven't been so crazy for legendaries since Gen 3. I do like Giratina Origine forme though, and Darkrai. Mespirit is also cute too. I still go back to my ruby and giggle at the graphics and trollop through the grass Zangoose spawns in (my first lvl 100 was a zangoose and I was/still am completely obsessed with them so its a special place for me XD). I miss my emerald so bad.... it was my second highlight of Gen 3's existence, running up the tower, racing across the ruined floors, seeing Rayquaza stare at me with all his snakey awesome glory. /floats away in her nostalgia

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

Shalyth wrote:I'm not entirely fond of the Musketeers, I love the two lesser genies (not Landorus), I love Reshiram and Zekrom but Kuyrem looks like a dragon on a long crack addiction (though to be expected considering he's the leftover shell from Reshiram and Zekrom's separation.
Long crack addiction! If that is so, then why did he sound so perfect in Granny Kuyrem mode?

And honestly, I'm gettin' rather sick of hearing y'all fuss. They're made up creatures in a fantasy world, let's just leave it at that! For cryin' out loud people, you have your opinion, others have theirs! No need to get in a tissy fit cause y'all got different opinions! Seriously, people, it' getting old and annoying to hear y'all fuss over which pokemon ye like and which on ye don't like.

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

To be quite honest nobody is in a tissy or being overly hostile. If you don't want to participate in the discussion then don't... It's a Pokemon thread it's for discussing Pokemon whether they be the ones you like or don't like. /shrug

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

starkittens wrote:
Shalyth wrote:I'm not entirely fond of the Musketeers, I love the two lesser genies (not Landorus), I love Reshiram and Zekrom but Kuyrem looks like a dragon on a long crack addiction (though to be expected considering he's the leftover shell from Reshiram and Zekrom's separation.
Long crack addiction! If that is so, then why did he sound so perfect in Granny Kuyrem mode?
:lol: I guess it can go two ways, crack addiction or withered old lady

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Just opinion sharing for now, no worries Star, nobody seems fiery or upset. Everyone's just taking the time to present their own opinions when they can. It's fun to do sometimes. Though thank you for the notice, t'is always good to remember. :-)

I'm a pretty big fan of Virizion myself, think it's a very pretty design and I love the eyes. Cobalion I'm still unsure what I think of; its feet make me very unhappy, but it was the titan of my team for a while and I have a healthy respect for it because of it. Not really in love with the other two, but hey, glad other people like 'em.

I'll be the odd one out and say I rather like the genies, hehe. Not as much in their original forms, though I kind of like how their faces work. I adore Thundurus' Therian form, for example, and Landorus doesn't look too shabby either. ...I think it's mostly the mustache fangs. Those are stylish.

As for favorite legends... Well, I didn't really *love* any of them until Yveltal. Now I'm pretty much sold forever.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Yveltals design is very pretty <3!
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

The first pokemon that comes to my mind that I really dislike is Bidoof...Its the eyes. Just...ehhh. For every generation there are pokemon I like/don't like. If I don't like them, I don't use them. I've never understood hating an entire generation, nor the mindset that gen 1 is the only "true gen" but people will be passionate about things they feel strongly for.
I can't say I've ever felt a desire to use the Djinn pokemon, at least not until I got their Therian forms. Which I Love every much, they are perma-members of my B2 game. The musketeers are nice, I don't dislike them, but I feel no real strong urge to dislike them. Cobalion is my least fav, but I prefer more stream-lined (graceful-like) pokemon over bulky ones. I am sure if I used him more I'd like him more, but there are pokemon I prefer over him.
I am pretty sure this newest generation will have pokemon I would like, but I am pretty sure its going to have some pokemon that I am just going to drool over. Heck, Xerneas already has my heart racing. I absolutely LOVE stags, and the rack on that one, the colors, the awesome tail, everything about it I love. On the other Hand, I look at Yvetal and scrunch my nose at it, trying to figure out what the heck it is. It has 3 hand things...tiny legs, reminds me of something skinned...head looks interesting, but the vulture ruff around its neck just reminds me of a scavenger bird. Yet some people really love it. To each their own. The creators can't please all people with all things, but they do strive for a big selection to pick from.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

You know what would make a awesome legendary? Bigfoot. Don't make it easy to get too make him one of those roaming ones that would suit him. Make him normal fighting or something and then make a ice version of it based on the Yeti and another one based on the Yowie (Aussie bigfoot if you did not know)

I'd dig that.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

On a completely different topic, I restarted my Heartgold. I'd like team advice! Current plan:

Typhlosion
Alakazam (ffff trading)
Scizor (ffff metal coat AND trading)
Nidoking
Lanturn (ffff FISHING)
Pidgeot

I desperately wanted a Gliscor, but the Razor Fang can only be obtained after Elite 4 so that's not happening. The trading part will be annoying, as will the fishing, and the metal coat obtaining, but oh well.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Do you need someone to trade with? (and/or provide you with a razor fang?)

edit: Also had 3 random battles today. 2 wins, 1 loss. First win was a really easy 3v3 battle, my dragons outclassed my opponent. 2nd battle was close, but my opponent did some masterful volt switch/U-turn combo's that left me chasing shadows and wore me out. 3rd fight was slightly tricky but after taking out their speedy outrage flygon (my team is all dragon type combos), the rest fell easily, along with some really lucky scores on freezing my opponent's Ferrothorn and I got TWO consecutive hit survives with focus Band! I love my Kingdra/focus Band combo so much!! Not to mention people keep thinking Kingdra=water, thus they use grass/electric moves, which are not super effective since its only weak to dragons XD

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I do need someone to trade with.

And if someone can provide me with a Razor Fang, hacked or not, I'd just about die of happy. I really, really like Gliscor.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising