Casandrau's Tiger

Vicario
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar (US), Wyrmrest Accord (US), Vek'nilash (US)

Casandrau's Tiger

Unread post by Vicario »

Feeling that my Hunter could use a new Cat, I decided to get her a tiger from Stranglethorn. However, Mel has fallen out of context, so I seek a new name.

Possible name themes:

-Adjective-noun names (i.e. Lightbane, Skullsplitter, etc. Those kinds of names.)
-Names referencing the pet's orange color
-Names referencing the pet's ferocity
-Can be of various languages, since I dunno where Casandrau would fall on the sliding scale of sophistication, although she'd likely be on a lower part of the scale than most Blood Elves.
Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: Casandrau's Tiger

Unread post by Sochi »

One thing I love for tigers when it comes to names is using the names of troll ruins. My young troll hunter has a tiger and he calls him Mizjah, which are a set of ruins in Stranglethorn. I did the same thing for his turtle, and though the name escapes me right now, I took it from ruins in the Silvermoon area near where I found the turtle. The ruin names are often exotic and suit tigers quite well.

If this doesn't work for you you could try other place names from areas where bloodelves or elves once lived.

Another route for naming is to get a non bloodelf in your guild and speak Thallassian to them, choosing words or theme names and having the other person tell you what comes up. The language translator can often be random.

I keep a small notebook with name possibilities so let me offer a few for consideration.
Zindelo; protector
Sielu; spirit
Habaki; a blade-collar, part of a sword
Tharahur; Lunacy-Thallassian
Neiarlah; Havoc-Thallassian
Vicario
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar (US), Wyrmrest Accord (US), Vek'nilash (US)

Re: Casandrau's Tiger

Unread post by Vicario »

A Thalassian name. Interesting.

EDIT: Turns out that's not true Thalassian.

EDIT again: I decided on a name already. She shall be named Demetra.