The Vale

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: The Vale

Unread post by Kalliope »

The horde and alliance bases are still there, no need to shift hearths.

Aki the Chosen is still there, like a boss! There is destruction all around her, but she has stayed put. For now, anyway.

That new meeting stone you can see off to the right is for the new raid in the Vale.
Attachments
aki the chosen.jpg
aki the chosen.jpg (221.33 KiB) Viewed 2735 times

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

AdamSavage wrote:
Equeon wrote:Um... is Aki the Chosen still there? How will I powerlevel my pets now?!
I try to avoid doing that one.. It's annoying and takes so much longer.
Anubisath Idol + Pterrordax Hatchling = get a level 1 pet to level 11 in 5 minutes or less.
It's super effective!

On an on-topic note, thanks for the screenshot, Kalliope!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

No problem! Took me a few attempts, since a druid decided to kill a sha RIGHT ON TOP OF HER and took a while doing it. Plus I d/ced at least twice while positioning. x_x It was still no problem. xD

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Equeon wrote:Anubisath Idol + Pterrordax Hatchling = get a level 1 pet to level 11 in 5 minutes or less.
It's super effective!

On an on-topic note, thanks for the screenshot, Kalliope!
I have no problems beating using my Anubisath Idol, it just takes so much long than the rest of them.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Kaellan »

I hope the vale is recovers after the defeat of Garrosh. I just hope you don't have to have completed the raid to see it (if it does occur)

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Several Golden Lotus dailies are available to me at the Setting Sun Garrison, which is not affected by the sha right now at least. This is on the PTR, also.
funk#1402

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Man, first we wreck a giant dragon statue that took centuries to build, then we destroy the most precious place in all of the realm. In the last patch of the expansion are we going to be speeding away on our ships as the entire continent goes "BOOM" behind us? :/

I do wonder, though, if the zone look is temporary, and at least some healing will have taken place by the time we say goodbye. I also wonder if they'll still use the earlier phase for new players, as it otherwise requires a huge disruption to the current storyline. Lots of quests and chats refer to the Vale. This is only the first patch of the PTR, so I don't expect the full implementation of the changes is in yet, but it'll be interesting to see.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Kalliope wrote:
Myrrmi wrote:Poop, I really need to get my butt down to track all those daily bosses and farm Alani crystals, then... oh well, I guess I'd better start now.
The daily bosses will still be around.

To quote myself from the other thread:
Kalliope wrote:PSA Regarding the Golden Lotus Quest Mobs

You know that achievement that requires killing certain bosses in the Vale? They appear to be rare spawns in 5.4, so that will still be available.
Vicejaw, for one, is Sha-corrupted!
It seems that killing these rares also grants reputation with Golden Lotus - I got 200 rep for killing Cracklefang with another hunter. We weren't grouped and that didn't seem to matter.

Edit: He also respawned almost instantly and didn't appear to drop any meaninful loot. I killed Spirit of Lao-Fe (also rare now) and all he dropped was silver. Not sure if the insta-respawn is intentional or not.
Attachments
rare.png
rare.png (818.93 KiB) Viewed 2735 times
funk#1402

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Er. So I did a quick search to see if Jaluu the Generous had been relocated to where the rest of the Golden Lotus seems to be (Mistfall Village/Setting Sun Garrison). I didn't end up finding him or anyone replacing him as the quartermaster but it's still early on. I figure if they are keeping ways to earn rep with the faction that they will eventually put a quartermaster in somewhere.

EDIT: Wowhead has confirmed that Jaluu the Generous is in capital cities.

In other news, I found this (see attached image).

You can even stand on them.

xD
Attachments
lilypadswat.jpg
lilypadswat.jpg (213.27 KiB) Viewed 2735 times
Last edited by Funk on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
funk#1402

evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

Good news Potent's path has not changed. Was worried about phasing but he still walks around like a BOSS!
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

evil950510 wrote:Good news Potent's path has not changed. Was worried about phasing but he still walks around like a BOSS!
Portent: "Sha? Pffft this is MY Vale bitches. :lol: Sha can kiss my shiny stony ass"

:lol: I had to. Just had to. Dying right now XD

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Windblossom

Unread post by Windblossom »

Silly question from a slow leveler...will the Thundermaw still be tameable or do I need to level like mad to beat the release of 5.4?
Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Funk »

Thundermaw are still running around the vale. I haven't checked if they are tameable still, but I'd imagine they still are. They are sha-touched in the wild now, but likely that effect will disappear upon taming.

EDIT: Thundermaw are still flagged as beasts and I just tamed one, so there you go c: No need to speed level! But you do have quite a bit of time before 5.4 comes out I'd say.
Last edited by Funk on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
funk#1402

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Wain wrote:Man, first we wreck a giant dragon statue that took centuries to build, then we destroy the most precious place in all of the realm. In the last patch of the expansion are we going to be speeding away on our ships as the entire continent goes "BOOM" behind us? :/

I do wonder, though, if the zone look is temporary, and at least some healing will have taken place by the time we say goodbye. I also wonder if they'll still use the earlier phase for new players, as it otherwise requires a huge disruption to the current storyline. Lots of quests and chats refer to the Vale. This is only the first patch of the PTR, so I don't expect the full implementation of the changes is in yet, but it'll be interesting to see.
You know, I think if they didn't phase it, it'd actually be really intense and amazing. Imagine a new player hearing all these wonderful things about the power and wonderful magic of the Vale, then entering... only to find it a complete wreck as the Sha take it over completely. Can you say doomsday scenario? Finding the most power-rich place in Pandaria, only for it to be completely ruined! I'd die of epic!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Wain wrote:Man, first we wreck a giant dragon statue that took centuries to build, then we destroy the most precious place in all of the realm. In the last patch of the expansion are we going to be speeding away on our ships as the entire continent goes "BOOM" behind us? :/

You know, I think if they didn't phase it, it'd actually be really intense and amazing. Imagine a new player hearing all these wonderful things about the power and wonderful magic of the Vale, then entering... only to find it a complete wreck as the Sha take it over completely. Can you say doomsday scenario? Finding the most power-rich place in Pandaria, only for it to be completely ruined! I'd die of epic!
That would be quite the shock! I want to see that in a movie or something now XD
Slapperfish

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Kalliope wrote:Image
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:
That would be quite the shock! I want to see that in a movie or something now XD
Once the expansion is over and Pandaria is just a levelling continent, this would be a great way to handle it. I think the Alliance and Horde operations in Krasarang, and their related quests, should be lowered, split and fit into the levelling story, i.e. the factions are establishing their footholds and events are escalating as you level. You get a peek at the beauty of the Vale, such as the Jinyu's vision in V4W. By the time you reach KLS, Garrosh is hunting the Bell. You persuade the Celestials to open the gate to the Vale. The refugees flood in, as do the Horde and Alliance. You get called away to TLS and beyond. Garrosh betrays Vol'Jin. You have a brief stint in the Barrens. Then you get called back, urgently. Garrosh has succeeded and the Vale is ruined. Something like that, anyway :)
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain: Zul'jin? He's been dead for eons! I think you mean Vol'jin. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Junrei wrote:Wain: Zul'jin? He's been dead for eons! I think you mean Vol'jin. XD
Hah! Yes, corrected. Thanks :)