barrens quests gone in 5.4

For discussion of the upcoming 5.4 patch, and any finds on the PTR.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: barrens quests gone in 5.4

Unread post by Sukurachi »

dagnabbit.. I have to finish the 150 collect quest?

/trudge trudge trudge... off to start collecting

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sukurachi wrote:dagnabbit.. I have to finish the 150 collect quest?
Are you following the groups that kill the commander bosses? It goes pretty quickly.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:
Are you following the groups that kill the commander bosses? It goes pretty quickly.
This. I did that last night on my newly dinged warrior to get her the title. I used my mojo to buy a upgrade and then realised I prob couldn't get another since it will be gone by reset QQ.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:
Wain wrote:
This. I did that last night on my newly dinged warrior to get her the title. I used my mojo to buy a upgrade and then realised I prob couldn't get another since it will be gone by reset QQ.
I forget if the Barrens dailies reset Tuesday morning, like VP caps and current raids, or Wednesday morning, like old raids. If the former then you can probably do it once more before downtime and the new patch goes in.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

It resets on Tuesday.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I did them before maintenance so does that mean they'd reset already? Or when i log in tonight? Guess i'll have to go check :(

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Ahhh, Just got my last piece of mog Gear, Makoes is FINALLY decked out in the look I've always wanted for her but couldn't get!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Bless the Sunwell!!

With the help of two Rogues and a non-tank Warrior, my main Hunter FINALLY finished off the "gather ridiculous quantities of useless items" quest, got the TITLE (yay), and got a little Gaz'rookey out of the deal.

We tried to take on one of the Commanders, but my pet simply couldn't tank him. I spent all of my time spamming [Heal Pet], and the other three weren't doing enough damage to bring the boss down significantly. If I took a second off to hit any of my attack keys, the boss had enough time to bring my pet down to critical levels. It was a bit frustrating.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sukurachi wrote:We tried to take on one of the Commanders, but my pet simply couldn't tank him. I spent all of my time spamming [Heal Pet], and the other three weren't doing enough damage to bring the boss down significantly. If I took a second off to hit any of my attack keys, the boss had enough time to bring my pet down to critical levels. It was a bit frustrating.
Ah :( Yeah, you really need to be there at a time when there are significant numbers of people moving about and killing them. Those times are becoming rarer and rarer now as most people are done with the Barrens, or at least heartily sick of it ;)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:We tried to take on one of the Commanders, but my pet simply couldn't tank him. I spent all of my time spamming [Heal Pet], and the other three weren't doing enough damage to bring the boss down significantly. If I took a second off to hit any of my attack keys, the boss had enough time to bring my pet down to critical levels. It was a bit frustrating.
Ah :( Yeah, you really need to be there at a time when there are significant numbers of people moving about and killing them. Those times are becoming rarer and rarer now as most people are done with the Barrens, or at least heartily sick of it ;)
I was sick of it after two weeks. It's mostly cause they ask outrageous numbers. Unless you farm the Generals, you're SoL cause it's a 1 for 1 droprate and the mobs are a pain in the hiney to take down alone.

LisaaraPokefarm

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

I was actually getting all my alts their 502 shoes but my guildmate told me that quest would stick around post-patch. Eh, whatever, it wasn't very hard to do the scenarios and the little quest chain. Got the title for Neilaren (and the boxing gloves, and ghazrooki, and a few vanity things), my Alliance alt, and then one character on my other account so they'd have it done there... debated getting one or two more raidcal mojos on alts who happened to pick up some latent armor tokens, but with Timeless Isle coming next week I won't sweat it.

So I was under the impression that the title was being unobtainable after next week but --
Every item other than the pet, the Brawler's Guild item, and the 24-slot bag, and the ability to earn the title are being removed.
this implies you can still get it, (in reality its just very atrocious grammar, for shame!)
For those who earned their title, you now carry a badge of honor for having helped the war effort against Garrosh.
...but this implies you can't!

Good old Blizzard... :roll: I assume it's falling under "legacy" regardless.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

That's where I got confused too, Neil! Lol!

LisaaraPokefarm

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

As a BM hunter, my turtle was able to tank several of the commanders, but it helped A LOT to have the glyph that makes my pet unkillable while under the effects of Beastial Wrath. Popping BW just before my pet would be KO'd, then toss Mend pet out enough to bring the health up while doing dps, then when things look bad again, pop Readiness and BW again, heal up. Tell everyone to scatter when my pets about to bite the dust, commander goes chasing people while I rez'd my pet, then rinse/repeat. think the smallest group we has was 4 people, myself included, no healer. took a while to bring them down, but we felt awesome afterwards.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?