What was the last movie you saw??

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

What was the last movie you saw??

Unread post by Jurz »

I work at a movie theater so...I obviously love movies :lol: I love watching movies, I love hearing other people's thoughts and opinions on movies, I love movies! and...I didn't see any movie threads so I wanted to see if I could start one. I want to hear about all kinds of movies! The last movie you saw in a theater, bought, watched on Netflix, anything!

I want to start off by saying that I am a slow reader and usually don't finish the book before the movie...but that's okay! I found that if you watch the movie first then you learn to love both the movie and the book rather than hate the movie and love the book :lol:

I wanted to start off with that because I just saw Ender's Game and I'm only half way through the book >> DON'T SHOOT ME PLEASE!! I've heard all kinds of opinions on the movie (and it just came out tonight) but most of them are good. I thought it was pretty good but I haven't finished the book yet so...don't listen to me >> (I'm ADD guys so sorry if I'm all over the place) The movie actually made me tear up...seeing him realized what he had done...(then again, I'm a big baby when it comes to movies :lol: )

Earlier this week I saw Carrie (only half way through that book too...) That movie hit me hard. I wanted to hug Carrie (before she flipped, of course) She was like a lonely puppy :( Most people think it was only a barely above average movie but I LOVED it (then again...I never saw the original either...I'm so bad...) but I thought it was GREAT!

So what was the last movie you saw? What were your thoughts and opinions on it? Are you planning on seeing a movie soon? I'd love to hear :)

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: What was the last movie you saw??

Unread post by Lisaara »

Last movie I saw? The Wolverine

While I had an extremely minor nitpick about it, overall, I loved it and highly recommend seeing it.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Last film i saw was Evangelion 3.0 at a little cinema called Luna.

I love Evangelion so was pretty chuffed overall. I also love that cinema as its very small and the seats are like couches!! Each cinema has maybe 30 seats max (if that) and they sell old fashioned choc bombs and show movies other mainstream places don't <3

I also have a degree in Film so I try not to over anaylize stuff like I did at uni as it kinda spoils the fun haha!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The last I saw was Gravity. It was surprisingly good. The effects were beautiful and Sandra Bullock was brilliant. I just hadn't expected much from a movie about a "woman adrift in space". It sounded like a boring premise :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I haven't been to a movie theater since The Croods came out (that or This Is The End... I forget which one of those two came out last) but the past few movie's I've seen recently on dvd were;

The Hobbit (which is an automatic love since I'm obsessed with LotR)

This Is The End (saw it in theaters, was so damn great holy crap. And I don't generally like those movies. Of course considering Jay was in it, that I think really helped draw me in. And the ending, omfg, yes. All my yes. I LOVE the band that played in the ending, I won't say who the band is cause it's a spoiler but they were and still are one of my all time favorite bands. Jay and that band together singing my favorite song... it was beautiful. :lol:)

Watched Warm Bodies for the 3rd time (I actually watched it twice in theaters because it was just that great. I have one hell of a crush on Nicholas Hoult (and Jay >.>) so I was squealing and squirming in my chair the whole time over him.) since it has a really sweet story and I personally felt it was a really good movie that's definitely cute date material, regardless of if you're a zombie fan or not (I'm not a zombie fan but considering they were still very human in appearance-- except for the bonies, it really helped me get into the movie without having to constantly turn away to try and keep myself from getting panicky, I don't do well at all with horror or zombies). I will admit that it was a bit awkward how quickly and fluently R and Markus re-learned how to speak actual words so early on in the transition but it could just be me being a little nit picky.

I have The Croods on dvd as well, another great movie, as is most DreamWork productions with much feels, great storyline, good laughs and moments where you're like omgomgomgomg. I haven't gotten around to watching it again cause I keep forgetting I have the dvd but I might watch it tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Mum wants to see Thor 2 tomorrow so I'm bound to see that. I can't stand Loki in those movies tho DX

Uh last movies I saw where Machete Kills and Sharknado and Dead Snow.

Machete Kills was awesome nuff said.

Sharknado is what it says it is. It knows what it is and quite frankly if you go see a movie like that and complain about it's "unrealisticness" you are quite frankly an idiot. I mean really it's called Sharknado for fuck sake what do you think it's going to be about?

Dead Snow is one of the best Nazi zombie movies I've seen in years. It's Norwegian and in Norwegian and it's bloody awesome and funny in some places too. Really never steal Nazi gold it's bad news!

Oh and Troll Hunter. Also Norwegian and it's about 3 people who film this guy who hunts Trolls for the government and it's awesome! It mixes in real troll myths like how they can smell your blood if you are a Christan for example!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

cowmuflage wrote:Oh and Troll Hunter. Also Norwegian and it's about 3 people who film this guy who hunts Trolls for the government and it's awesome! It mixes in real troll myths like how they can smell your blood if you are a Christan for example!
I saw that recently too. That was brilliant! It's all done like a documentary.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Oh and Troll Hunter. Also Norwegian and it's about 3 people who film this guy who hunts Trolls for the government and it's awesome! It mixes in real troll myths like how they can smell your blood if you are a Christan for example!
I saw that recently too. That was brilliant! It's all done like a documentary.
Oh a mockumentary! Haven't seen one of those for awhile! I'll have to look that up.

I bought Chernobyl Diaries from the bargain bin in JBHIFI and quite liked it. It's by the guy that did all the Paranormal Activity films so it's not cinematic art but good for a giggle.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Oh JBHIFI. I loose all my money in there :lol:
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Red 2, as fun and funny as the 1st. :lol: :mrgreen:

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Jurz wrote:Earlier this week I saw Carrie (only half way through that book too...) That movie hit me hard. I wanted to hug Carrie (before she flipped, of course)
See I wanted to hug her after she flipped out... :)

Last movie I saw I think was American Mary. I quite liked it, it made me chuckle a fair bit. Personally I found the ending rather disappointing and not really fitting in with the rest of the movie. Would be quite interesting if there's ever a director's cut released of it.

Hmm, come to think of it, the last movie may have been Hackers (yes, it's a bit old by now). I reckon it's a fantastic movie. So much good fun, and so much spirit in it. The umbrella scene is sooo something I'd do under such circumstances and thought I could get away with it! Don't get mad, get even, and do it in style! =)
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

last movie I saw was Carrie as well.
I enjoyed it very much.

my next movie is Thor 2.
though if we count movies I'm seeing for the 1st time at home, then it's R.I.P.D. with Ryan Reynolds. I didn't see it at the cinema, and my copy of it just arrived a few days ago. I simply haven't had time to sit and watch it yet.

needless to say, I'll be skipping Ender's Game, despite being a massive sci-fi fan.

But I am MASSIVELY looking forward to the next Hunger Games film.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Thor 2 comes out ON MY BIRTHDAY EEEEE <3

That's my entire plan to go and see it.. As for movies/the last one I saw.. Probably VHS 2. It's a horror movie but um.. They're hard to describe. VHS 2 tells a first person zombie story, from the viewpoint of the zombie, though and I thought that was pretty cool.

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Anyia wrote:
Jurz wrote:Earlier this week I saw Carrie (only half way through that book too...) That movie hit me hard. I wanted to hug Carrie (before she flipped, of course)
See I wanted to hug her after she flipped out... :)
I would've been afraid to hug her after she flipped out :lol: but still, it has been awhile since I've felt as sympathetic towards a character as I did towards Carrie. Carrie's mom was scarier than her!
Castile wrote:Last film i saw was Evangelion 3.0 at a little cinema called Luna.

I love Evangelion so was pretty chuffed overall. I also love that cinema as its very small and the seats are like couches!! Each cinema has maybe 30 seats max (if that) and they sell old fashioned choc bombs and show movies other mainstream places don't <3

I also have a degree in Film so I try not to over anaylize stuff like I did at uni as it kinda spoils the fun haha!
Ahh Evangelion...you either love it or you hate it...and I'm one of the very few who don't know how to feel about it :lol:

You have a degree in Film?? That's awesome! Do you have a job that uses the degree?? I would love to work in the movie industry the rest of my life but...I'm not sure if it is very promising

I love how this has somewhat taken off :) I'm weird, I love hearing about movie. I'm going to see Free Birds soon (I love kid movies...don't judge >> ) then Thor 2 and Catching Fire (which comes out the day before my birthday! woot woot! sadly, I may not be able to go to the midnight premier DX )

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Last movie I saw was R.I.P.D., which I'll be honest, I really liked. I mean it had plenty of flaws and didn't exactly break through the walls of boring-straight-white-hero-guy-with-tragic-love-story prison, but the humor was surprisingly tasteful and it subverted a few tropes that I didn't expect. Plus it was really creative, just pretty impressive overall for me.

...Then again I rarely watch movies so most movies impress me.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

You should read the comic it's based off Lupis it's better XD

Ah I can't wait for Ender's Game quite frankly. Loved the book (tho the other books are better)

I watched the first Carrie again last night. Don't really want to see the new one. Trailer told me enough about it for me :lol:
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

--
Last edited by Sukurachi on Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I could care less about the mans veiws. I want to see it on the big screen so I am going to. End of story.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

the point isn't just his views.
Wagner was a terrible anti-semite, but Wagner is dead now, so paying to hear his music isn't putting money into his pocket to promote hatred.
Card, on the other hand, is very much alive, and very much an activist who spends inordinate amounts of money and energy promoting hatred.
By seeing the movie you are giving him money to continue the destructive and hateful work he is doing.

If you can really live with that, without even a twinge of guilt or trepidation, then so be it.
I have to be honest however, it does change how I see you and that makes me sad.

"Step on no pets!"

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

For me, I'm not particularly interested in seeing Ender's Game. However, his books have reached across to a lot of people, and a tumblr boycott really isn't going to make a dent in anything. I know numerous people who are hoping the movie crashes and burns and, well, it won't. Not if it's a good adaptation.

Card has already been paid his lump sum and done whatever he was going to do with that money. The rights to future movies have also likely already been bought, meaning that, should this movie fail, he still got paid for movies that now won't even exist.

Maybe it's just because I'm an english major, but we often have to separate an author and their views. This is often done to varying degrees. Pretty much, it only counts if it has an effect on the work (Like Matheson's sexism can't be something you take out of the picture, because it highly impacts the feel of his books and who ends up being """punished""", etc). I haven't read Ender's Game myself, but one of my best friends adores it. I asked him about it, and he says Card's views don't impact the book at all.

I mean, I'm queer myself. But I, personally, do not wish to see a good concept "crash and burn" just because the jerk who wrote it is, well, a jerk. Lionsgate is making donations to try and combat it and is well known for being accepting of queer people in their business. I'd honestly rather have their goodwill than take down Card, because a well known company that's in support of us will always mean more than one man's hatred.

On that note, I'm watching The Prince of Egypt right now while camping for Huolon. Woo!
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog