Vocal on click pets, now with pictures

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Pets with on-click vocalization or unusual, unique noise

Unread post by Wain »

Smolderos the Carbonizer – red (82 elite Mount Hyjal) MIGHT have different sounds than other lava corehounds, but no way to verify right now
I take it you're referring to incidental sounds and not that he makes sounds on click? Just checking while I'm making corrections to the spreadsheet :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Wain wrote:
Smolderos the Carbonizer – red (82 elite Mount Hyjal) MIGHT have different sounds than other lava corehounds, but no way to verify right now
I take it you're referring to incidental sounds and not that he makes sounds on click? Just checking while I'm making corrections to the spreadsheet :)
I think the window for taming Smolderos is fairly small. Doesn't seem to be available after completing the zone, and my level 86 alt has done hardly anything there, and Smolderos is phased for him as well. I could offer to work through the zone and tame him, but with my hearing difficulties I'm probably not the best choice for evaluating him :) Comment on Wowhead about him:
ShinryuMasaki wrote:He is different in that he doesn't share some of the sounds effect the other core hounds have. Instead of either being silent or having the burning fire sound effect, he has the sizzling one like Terrorpene has. And instead of the usual core hound growls he has what sounds more like burping sounds!
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Unread post by Kintsugi »

GormanGhaste wrote: I think the window for taming Smolderos is fairly small. Doesn't seem to be available after completing the zone, and my level 86 alt has done hardly anything there, and Smolderos is phased for him as well. I could offer to work through the zone and tame him, but with my hearing difficulties I'm probably not the best choice for evaluating him :) Comment on Wowhead about him:
ShinryuMasaki wrote:He is different in that he doesn't share some of the sounds effect the other core hounds have. Instead of either being silent or having the burning fire sound effect, he has the sizzling one like Terrorpene has. And instead of the usual core hound growls he has what sounds more like burping sounds!
Yeah, I've done too much questing there to have a shot at him. My closest chance would be the dwarf I've leveling, but she has a long way to go until Hyjal. And yes, that comment on Wowhead is were I got the info :)

Wain wrote:
Yes, if it is true
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Also, another odd ambient sound I noticed. The black Corpse Scarab beetles, which are the tiny ones with a black trail, also seem to have another trick. When mine does its idle animation, it makes an odd little "crunch" noise. Never had a beetle do that before. Can someone else who has one verify this, to make sure my bug isn't.....buggy? :P
Keilden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zenedar

Unread post by Keilden »

Kintsugi wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote: I think the window for taming Smolderos is fairly small. Doesn't seem to be available after completing the zone, and my level 86 alt has done hardly anything there, and Smolderos is phased for him as well. I could offer to work through the zone and tame him, but with my hearing difficulties I'm probably not the best choice for evaluating him :) Comment on Wowhead about him:
Yeah, I've done too much questing there to have a shot at him. My closest chance would be the dwarf I've leveling, but she has a long way to go until Hyjal. And yes, that comment on Wowhead is were I got the info :)

Wain wrote:
Yes, if it is true
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnynLd_BkEw Here is a old video I made to showcase his sounds, sadly around Mop he reverted to the normal Corehound sound (atleast my tamed one did)
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Nice video. Its a shame they changed him. He really was different :(
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Oh! One I forgot: the Deranged Helboar has sounds that are different thna other helboars. Instead of the growls and roars of the helboars, they have basic 'piggie' sounds.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

So, I have an oil wolf, from back when they were tameable. The solid black ones, you know? I just realized he growls when I click him. I'm gonna have to go check if the non-oiled version does.

Also, my tiger Kung Din, who was tamed when he could keep the chain around his neck growls when I click him O.O

Ok, I just tamed them as normal, obviously, since you can't get them with their cool effects anymore. The Oil-stained Wolf and Kung Din both vocalize when clicked on, right now, fancy effects or not.

God, I didn't think about the oil covered birds! I didn't grab one when I was getting wolf, but I wonder if they do anything, since they were trick tames just like the wolf? Does anyone have one? Oiled or not?

Another edit: Tamed an oil-covered hawk and oiled fledgling just before the servers shut down. Neither of them have on click vocals unfortunately.
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg, Ysera, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Torachi »

Evening everyone! Just wanted to pop in and mention an apparently new vocal wolf! I apologize if it's been mentioned already, but I didn't see it up on the main list on this thread. I was leveling a new dwarf warrior last night, and while doing the quest to gather the ragged wolf hide and boar meat, I noticed that the Ragged Young Wolf that I targeted suddenly howled as I clicked on it! I made a mental note to stop by today and tame one on Tor, to see if they kept their vocalization... and he did! These little pups growl, and actually howl upon being clicked while wild, and once they are tamed. I've never heard this particular vocal for wolves, so I'm not sure if it's new or not, but it is not the same as the Prairie Wolf from Mulgore, which makes more of a bark vocal, and as far as I've seen, do not howl when clicked.

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
Casual Gaming - LGBT Friendly - Furry Friendly
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Death Ravager makes bear roars when you 1st tame him but stops when he has actually been tamed :( :mrgreen:

Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Torachi »

Rawr wrote:Death Ravager makes bear roars when you 1st tame him but stops when he has actually been tamed :( :mrgreen:
Oddly enough, after I first tamed Ban'thalos, the spirit beast owl, I noticed he was making bear noises when he would attack. O.o I'm not sure he still does... or if he ever made those noises for anyone else. >.> I'll have to check later. It always amused the heck out of me, though.

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Torachi wrote:Evening everyone! Just wanted to pop in and mention an apparently new vocal wolf! I apologize if it's been mentioned already, but I didn't see it up on the main list on this thread. I was leveling a new dwarf warrior last night, and while doing the quest to gather the ragged wolf hide and boar meat, I noticed that the Ragged Young Wolf that I targeted suddenly howled as I clicked on it! I made a mental note to stop by today and tame one on Tor, to see if they kept their vocalization... and he did! These little pups growl, and actually howl upon being clicked while wild, and once they are tamed. I've never heard this particular vocal for wolves, so I'm not sure if it's new or not, but it is not the same as the Prairie Wolf from Mulgore, which makes more of a bark vocal, and as far as I've seen, do not howl when clicked.
OMG! That is awesome! Excellent find! *adds to list*
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I went out and tamed that wolf on my orc, since, orcs and wolves are good. And, she really does howl sometimes when you click her. I'm thrilled. I was thinking of getting a white wolf as a mate for my Snarler, and this one is so perfect. Immediate bonding :D I named her Howler. Snarler says thank you!
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Torachi »

:D You're quite welcome! I'm so glad I remembered to go back the next day! My boy is named Howl, since I'm a big fan of Howl's Moving Castle, and he howls when poked occasionally. I think Tor will be randomly going around Azeroth, poking various creatures to see if they talk.

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Torachi wrote:Evening everyone! Just wanted to pop in and mention an apparently new vocal wolf! I apologize if it's been mentioned already, but I didn't see it up on the main list on this thread. I was leveling a new dwarf warrior last night, and while doing the quest to gather the ragged wolf hide and boar meat, I noticed that the Ragged Young Wolf that I targeted suddenly howled as I clicked on it! I made a mental note to stop by today and tame one on Tor, to see if they kept their vocalization... and he did! These little pups growl, and actually howl upon being clicked while wild, and once they are tamed. I've never heard this particular vocal for wolves, so I'm not sure if it's new or not, but it is not the same as the Prairie Wolf from Mulgore, which makes more of a bark vocal, and as far as I've seen, do not howl when clicked.

Best finding ever! You've found my Tauren's new pet!
Torachi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Torachi »

pop wrote:Best finding ever! You've found my Tauren's new pet!
GAH, c'mon guys, seriously, you're making me turn beet red...! Now I'm gonna get teased 'cause my fiance thinks I'm adorable when I blush. :P

Seriously, I wasn't expecting one little find to get such an awesome reception! >.>

GM of <Darkness Dawning>
VICTORY!
(Signature made by me)

Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Hey, you not only found a completely new one, but one with unique vocalization! That's something to be proud of! :D
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I want to thank you guys for making this topic it has gotten me to actually go out and look for some of these pets such as the rhino I have the rare Icehorn but since the other one makes noise I went and got it to replace the other and I also went and got the basilisk Hissperak as well as the fox from Winterspring. Again thanks to you guys and if there are others besides ones on here please let us know.
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

If any are found, and I know of them, I'll post about it :) My Great Taming Spree is on hold while I work on getting my guild to level 5 though :(
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

The Hornbill Strider, the tallstrider which only spawns as part of 'A Taste For Eggs' quest, has a sound on click. It makes your basic tallstrider squawks and noises.
Come see Kurasu's stables!