Female Reproductive Health [explicit]

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Female Reproductive Health [explicit]

Unread post by Snowy »

So I've finally been switched pills. I'm on Marvelon now. Anyone had good/bad experiences with this one?

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Woo. The ONE TIME I don't bring a pad with me out of the house and my period starts during the day, on the day before it usually does as well. Normally it starts during the night. I had to make up some excuse to leave class early so I could go home and sort it out. -.- But this period seems much heavier than my normal ones... no pain though, which is normal for me. I wonder if there's a reason for this. Or maybe because I started a new pill? Idk.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

That happened to me at work, Snowy! I think it was two days early so I was unprepared. D'oh! This last one I had was really heavy too, probably the heaviest one I've had. And I got it while I was sick with shingles too. Yeeeeah, that was not a fun time. x_x

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Maelstrom

Unread post by Hesantia »

That is the exact reason I always carry extras. If not for me, I might have a lady-friend who needs one. I even used to carry extra painkillers, but they have expired.... hmm.. I should refill them actually ;)
Anyway, I still carry them, and even tampons although I have almost never used them myself, and now I have a hormone.. spiral(?) and wont bleed that much anymore, just needs the occasional thin liner.

Sig by me ^^

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I normally do take an extra cause I have one of them little cases to put pads in which is in a 'secret' pocket in my bag but apparently I forgot to put one in it. -.-

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Different pills can effect it. i went off the pill for abit and had very heavy periods (felt very dizzy too) and went back on just cause I was fed up! I often skip mine (by not taking the sugar pills) and only have a period when my body says "ok i need to bleed now!" lol!

I always carry extra pads too but its always going to rain when you dont take your umbrella right? ;)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

OMFG this is so annoying now. Oh my period's done, no blood on my pad? Cool, it must be over then... And as soon as I'm not wearing a pad anymore BLOOD. AND THAT'S THE THIRD TIME IN THE LAST TWO DAYS AAAAAARGGGGGGGG. JUST END ALREADY. This is so irritating. Luckily I've managed to get underwear in the wash fast enough so that they're not ruined but if this could not happen in my brand new underwear, that'd be great. :|

Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Oh, I know just what you mean... the last.. I dunno, 3-4 years, the blood has vanished for a day every period, and EVERY time I get my hopes up and believe it is over, and BAM! GOTCHA SUCKER! :(

Sig by me ^^

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

The last pill was so perfect for my period. Started and ended same time every single month. Since starting my new brand, it's just... dnjfjkssdmfdjks. I suppose I haven't been on it long though.

Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Yeah, new pills can really fuck you up... before I started with my spiral about a year ago, I ate pills for about 7 years. The last two or so years I experimented with different pills because my midwife thought I could get better suited ones than those I had. One of them I just tested for the 3 month period of one chart, and they ended up fucking up my sweat production for like, two years after I quit taking them! I was sweating so much, after doing nothing... I sweated trough 72H deos in less than ONE day.. NOT so fun... :|

That was one extreme though, it takes some time to settle for better suited ones.

Sig by me ^^

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I was nervous about starting a new pill since I was on Microgynon for about... 7 years? A long time. And it was perfect... besides one thing. My sex drive. It was at an all time low... I was *never* horny, ever, and I felt bad for my fiancé who didn't mind and supported me but I felt terrible when I had to push him away all the time because I wasn't in the mood. I tried this new one because it's apparently supposed to help with that, I've not noticed much of a difference but then again I don't know how long it will take before Microgynon's side effects actually wear away. How come women need to go through all this crap, pills, coils, injections, periods, birth, etc. Not fair! ):

Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Yeah, I've always thought it would be more fair if the periods and the childbirths were divided by the two sexes ;) especially the menstruation cramps... God I hated them before starting with hormones :P

That was kinda the reason my midwife wanted me to change too.. it was not as bad as yours, but it did require more time for me to get all hotted up for the sexy time. I think it's a fairly common issue, if not caused by hormones then atleast by pills.

Sig by me ^^

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

OMG yes! Before I started pills my cramps were HORRIBLE. I was off school so often when I was younger because cramps were terrible. It's the reason I started the pill so early, I believe I was 14 or 15, because my cramps were so bad. And everything after that was a breeze! Pills are perfect for controlling periods... but not for much else apparently! :lol:

Edit: Judging by my last few posts here, wow, this period was chaotic compared to normal. xD Started way too early, was unprepared, and now it won't bloody end! (Pun not intended.)

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ergh, I also have cripplingly painful cramps if I'm not on the pill. It's hereditary, my mom had the same thing apparently. They get so bad I ended up sobbing and throwing up just from how much they hurt, on the verge of passing out from pain sometimes. Couldn't move, couldn't get out of bed, just had to lie there in absolute agony. Luckily being on the pill helped so much though. I've been on the same pills for about a decade now so I've never experienced switching them, but there were a couple times when I couldn't get my prescription renewed and was off them for a bit; it was always messed up when I started them again. Freaking bodies.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

WHELP. lol.

So I've been having crazy periods. A few of you might remember when I posted about not having one for ~6 months after living with a friend. (Also, upon writing that sentence I just had a moment where I just sat there realizing this could have been this friends fault) It was a super stressful situation and it was most likely the leading cause to me missing it for so long. The doctor said the stress raised my Testosterone level higher than my estrogen levels. After moving back home for a while, we thought we had it back under control.

Then not too long ago I had a huge HUGE period that lasted ~3 weeks. It was scary. If the length wasn't long enough, the fact that it started 4 days after I had a normal one made it even worse. SO I went to the doctor to get some blood tests done. Today I just got a call that once again my Testosterone levels are through the roof and I was informed that this could mean I have cysts in there.. That could lead to me bleeding out during a big period and/or cervical cancer. They're putting me on Birth control right away.
I dont mind Birth control. I've been wanting to get on it for a little while now because I want to get a better control over my cycles anyways (plus finally screwing around with my luff >w> ).. But this whole thing is just.. Dear fucking lord! I don't want cancer. I know they said that it COULD mean and COULD lead up to it.. It doesnt mean I will have it. But what if I do? They said they cant go in and remove cysts when its there.. So I'm just going to be SoL. Is there even a full on cure for cervical cancer yet? Am I just going to be doomed to die a slow painful cancer death?
Its almost enough to make me wonder if I'd be better off just offing myself before I have to slowly die like that. Not saying I will, but this whole thing is enough to shock me into such depressing thoughts.

Siggy under construction!

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Cancer isn't exactly a slow, painful death, there are a lot of factors that play into it so it all really depends. Cervical cancer can be fixed as far as I know. If you did end up getting it, they should be able to remove the cancer (which can cause you to never be able to bare children) and if not, then they treat you like they treat every other cancer. Chemo and what not. I cannot even begin to tell you how many factors can cause cancer though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it right now. Interestingly, we constantly have cancerous cells, our immune systems are just able to take care of them most of the time

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

@___@ I'm trying not to worry. Its just. Agh. Not the news I wanted to hear. I tend to get super worried about things, so this just sent my worry meter off the charts! You're right though. I shouldn't be so worked up about the Cancer thing. It might not even be that, to be honest. X_____X Just. BLUUUUUH

Siggy under construction!

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

It's understandable ^^ We all tend to focus on the worst possibility. Just try to be positive and live your life :)

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I found out I'm probably asexual. It makes sense when I think about it. Don't know if that was supposed to help me or not though.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Snowy wrote:I found out I'm probably asexual. It makes sense when I think about it. Don't know if that was supposed to help me or not though.
Fellow Ace! Hello!

...Prepare to be surrounded by people who are amazed and shocked that you don't desire sex. And that constantly ask what you do with all that free time. And look for any chance to ask if you're REALLY ace. ...And say things like "well I mean they're human so of course they want sex".

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!