New spec, new pet!

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

New spec, new pet!

Unread post by Rhyela »

Hello all! :) I've recently dual-specced into Survival and so I needed a new pet (seeing as how most of my pets are exotic). After some hem-hawing around, I think I've settled on a black panther from STV. The only problem is that I'm having a ridiculous time trying to think of a name for him. I am looking for male or unisex names, and I'm pretty open-minded with the exception that I don't want a goofy name like Fishylips or something like that. I'm sort of leaning towards the name Superstition, but I'm not 100% sold on it yet. So in the meantime, I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm thinking along the lines of superstitious themes/names, moon-themed names, or names that involve the color black. I don't typically go with combo names but I won't dismiss them, either. I know, that's a lot...which is why I'm having trouble!!! Thanks in advance, folks!!! :hug:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Re: New spec, new pet!

Unread post by Nevar »

/facepalm right after I posted my name in your other thread LOL - Since I know you like Inuyasha as well I'd say Bankotsu since right after Sesshromaru he and Koga hold a special place in my heart also his hair is black and hes a very tough guy :p however if you like names such as Superstition maybe Seven or Luck..perhaps something along the lines of him being a black cat and as such being known for bad luck? I'm a bit at a loss for this one..:lol: I do especially like the spanish word for seven - Siete

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

How about Grimalkin? It's then name given to cat familiars used by witches in Celtic mythology. Omen, Imp, or Familiar would probably work good, too.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

Kamalia wrote:How about Grimalkin? It's then name given to cat familiars used by witches in Celtic mythology. Omen, Imp, or Familiar would probably work good, too.

If I remember right Grimalkin was what Merlin called his cat who was his familiar :lol:

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

From personal experience, I named my panther Melani, short for melanin, the pigmentation that makes panthers black. =) But she was female. xD

I like Superstition! Familiar is lovely too. I know it's a little cliché, but I think we all know of a black cat named Salem. :P

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Enumatse
Realm: Blackhand

Unread post by Enumatse »

Could always name him Umbra. Nothing too fancy, but eh. XD;
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Bartimaeus.

c:

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

My black cat in real life is named Hexter. Feel free to use it if it suits your cat.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Well, I first went with Superstition but it didn't look as cool when it was hanging over his head. After a bit of digging I found the story of the Nemean Lion slain by Hercules/Heracles. It was impervious to attacks except for its mouth. But anyhow, I liked the bit about it being some epic kitty that was immune to weapons and such (nevermind that it was eventually killed). And while my pet isn't a lion, I liked the latin translation for Nemean Lion: Leo Nemaeus, so I finally named him Nemaeus. :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I do appreciate it. :hug:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.