Dawn of the Blessing (Open RP) (Johto)

HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Dawn of the Blessing (Open RP) (Johto)

Unread post by HoneyShuckle »

Foresight, Blood sleep, Shadess- Firefly fields

The three sat for quite a while, silently. Eventually, Foresight spoke up. "I need to get some sleep. Do.. either of you know where I'm supposed to do that?" "Uhhh" Blood sleep said. "They look tired." She said pointing to the group Lyra was leading. Shadess frowned. "Blood sleep, He's blind." The younger Darkrai's reaction involved a shocked expression and clapping a hand over her mouth. "Arceus, I'm sorry! Um... turn to your right and run that way? I bet you can catch up." "Thank you. It's alright." Foresight said quietly, getting up and turning, flicking his ears around for a moment before bolting off. Blood sleep Whistled. "He... Seems spry. How long have you known him exactly?" "A Thousand years." "..... Well, he's aged very well."

Foresight kept running, passing Catharsis before he slowed down, flaring out his wings to do so. He slowed to a trot and slightly turned his head to ask the Ninetales. "Are people sleeping this way?"
Guess what! Senna made my Avatar! woo!
Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Venin - Firefly fields

"Can do." Venin responded to the hybrid, her muzzle opening up into a toothy yawn as she fell behind her. Crashing was the right damn word for it too - she felt like she hadn't slept in days. And even then, she'd not been in the thick of it as some of the others had been. Just chasing after scared little dumb-dumbs. Thank goodness that was all over.
The Vaporeon's fin-ears flicked over bits and pieces of conversation here and there, but she categorised it in the "stuff that can be dealt with tomorrow" part of her brain. The nocturnally inclined could sort out any potential issues, they'd have to wait until tomorrow if they needed her to give a crap.

She frowned a little as she moved inside of the place - the human dwelling lacking any of the comforts she took from her den back in her grotto. It felt too clean, lacked the earthy smell that tended to lull her to sleep. It was a bit too bright too, lit up as it was with all these human-made lights. But it was better than nothing, and should the Whatevers attack, she'd get a bit of warning. Finding a rug that looked comfortable, the vaporeon flopped down, her forepaws stretched out and her tail curled to her side.

______

Asher, Darius, Sonnet - Destroyed Camp

Asher found his pace faltering as they reached the cleft of the hill, almost scared to see what was beyond it. The smell of smoke was pretty cloying - but, there were other smells he could make out now too. Blood, a faint hint of burned flesh. Shamefully, he allowed his fear to bet the better of him, and allowed the gigantic Nidoking to take the lead.
Darius made it to the top of the hill, and stood still as he surveyed the damage below. His shoulders fell a little, as did his ears. With a slight tensing of his paws, Asher padded up to join him.

The sight below was horrific in the most literal sense of the word. The buildings that Asher had been beside that day were now little more than rubble and ashes. Nothing seemed to be on fire still, nor were there any corpses - a fact that the Eevee was silently grateful for. Nor was there any sign of life around either. Asher held out hope that at least some of the camp's inhabitants made it out alive.

"We need to inspect the damage here, report it to Headquarters in Goldenrod." Darius called out. "Look out for any clues, any sign of who might have done this. We'll question the town nearby once we're done here. Anyone who wishes to hold back until then, do so. No shame in wanting to avoid... this."

Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

((holy shit what is this Senna's actually posting in the Johto thread))

Ghost, Rust, Ladon, Phantom aaaalll the Eeveelutions! - Firefly Fields

Phantom padded along with the little group as they made their way into the house. He wasn't all that fond of human dwellings, but it was better than nothing. He was far, far too tired to care one bit, really. When Venin flopped down on a rug, he did as well, curling his body around the smaller form of his mate.

"Wow.. Look at this place!" Ladon squeaked in awe as he gazed around at the house. It looked so.. Strange, but comfortable at the same time. Definitely not like the creepy-ish buildings back in the Blessing camp. He bounced over to his sister, grinning. "Isn't this cool?"

-

It took a good few minutes for the Wraitheon and her son to finally wrap up their reunion. There had been much sobbing on both their parts - especially Rust's - and a lot of apologizing on Ghost's. But eventually Ghost noted that the hour was late and given all that had happened, she needed rest, and the two Eeveelutions had settled on continuing to catch up with each other in the morning.

"Uh.. Y-You two can follow Lyra and the others into the house, alright? I'll.. Be there in a few minutes..." Ghost said to Rust and Takoda, giving the two a makeshift hug with her wings before she padded over to Solara, Forrestal and some of the others. "Err... Sorry for getting.. Sort of distracted there. What exactly are you guys discussing?" She asked.

((casually just skipping past all the mushy stuff because that was apparently what was giving me trouble oops))

----

Arinei - Destroyed Blessing encampment

Whatever Arinei had expected when they reached the top of the hill.. It had certainly not been this. What in the world could have caused such destruction? And judging by the faint scent of blood, it wasn't just the camp itself that bad been attacked. He stared down at the ruined camp, metal feathers fluffing up slightly. Or at least as much as metal feathers could. While it was.. Certainly disconcerting, he decided that once Darius began to move down to investigate, he'd follow. If there was any hint to who had done this, he wanted to personally find it. Whoever it was deserved to pay for such a horrible act, and the Skarmory was going to make sure that they did.
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Trick and Sphinx - Destroyed Blessing Camp

Sphinx ran to stand next to Darius and Arinei, a low growl forming in her throat, while Trick whistled in astonishment. "W...Why?" Trick asked, his tone shocked and sad. Why would anyone want to do harm to them? They were helping to make the world better! Sphinx didn't answer her friend, but she had sinking suspicion that she knew who did this. "Doesn't matter why anymore. Let's look for how." With that, the Luxray began to pick her way through the debris of the destroyed camp, her eyes glowing slightly as she looked for clues that could buried in the rubble. (Sphinx is using her X-Ray vision).
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Takoda- firefly fields

Takoda only let go when Ghost started to walk away. Some would have said they were like family. But that was wrong. They WERE family, in his eyes. No "like family" about it. He wasn't sure what to feel. Now that the beginning "oh my god" phase was over, he didn't know what to do. What to say, so he just.. Watched.

Chandra-blessing camp

Remembering that the camp was destroyed, and looking at it destroyed were two separate things. Smelling it destroyed was something else too. She dashed off to upchuck. At least she didn't have to act that she was distraught.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Solara, Kalina, Forrestal
Firefly Fields

"It's pretty neat, yeah." She said, looking up and studying the weird fake suns. They were lights like that back in the Blessing building, but this did seem a lot more comfortable. Even though she was slightly uneasy, there was none of the weird anti-septicy smell or cages. This was better. "We could stay the night here or something I guess."

Solara looked over as Ghost joined them, nodding. She didn't add if her companion had done this sooner this wouldn't have happened. "We're studying plans of war. Er, not war." She added at Forrestal's look. The phoenix added, "We're going to launch a full scale investigation on the Blessing. See if they're really as they seem or not. I don't want to pick a fight without proper proof of intent."
TK-Hikaru13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Windrunner

Unread post by TK-Hikaru13 »

Steve and the Troupe {Now that's a good band name if I ever saw one} - Firefly Fields

"Thank you holy one." Steve said with a bow, before turning back to his friends. The other assembled pokemon seemed to be going inside. Saying something about beds. It didn't matter to him, the Troupe and himself preferred outside.

"Brave move." Murkuro commented as Steve laid down next to the others.

"It was the least I could do." Steve answered, lowering his shaggy head on the ground.

"But what if you get hurt! Or found out! We don't want to lose you Horns!" Koishi chirped, swimming around the grass type.

"I'll be fine. Get some sleep, we all need it." Steve answered, shutting his eyes.
Walpurgis~ Brought to you by the lovely Senna.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

((Gaaaah I ended up busy today and completely forgot about posting! Sorry, guys!))

Vethrfolnir, Catharsis - Firefly Fields

Catharsis jerked when the Jolteon Champion suddenly slowed down close to her, startled by the sudden movements, but she dipped her head respectfully as he asked his question.

"It would appear so, yes," the Ninetales replied softly. "It's a human dwelling, but it appears to be sturdy enough to weather the elements." Though she didn't voice it, Catharsis honestly wanted to spend her first night here either alone or in the company of Vethrfolnir. It was tempting to phase into the nearby shadows in order to find a place to sleep, but the vulpine continued on, guiding Foresight into the building should the Jolteon have need for it.

---

Veth remained silent, giving Ghost a nod of respect when she joined them, before the Yveltal moved a short distance away from Forrestal and his Champions. He remained close enough to where he could still listen to them, though, before the avian settled down and prepared to keep watch for the remainder of the night.
Moonlost

Asher, Darius and Sonnet - Destroyed Camp

"Not everyone thinks that our cause is correct." Darius responded to Trick as he made his way down towards the camp. "Or those born mutated use violence in an effort to strike back, not realising that all they are doing is confirming that to be an inherent part of their malady. Still, I've not seen destruction at this level before... I can only hope that we had some escape from... this"

Much of the camp was bare, outside of the rubble and other bits of destruction. Anyone observant would notice the footprints left behind by Ghost, Solara and Vethrfolnir - the marks in the soil from latter's huge wing-claws being particularly noticeable. The graves too become more apparent the closer the group gets, it's hard to miss the mounds of disturbed soil. Some of the rubble seemed to have been upturned here and there as well.
Another clue also lies upon the ground, partly caught in the rubble. A large feather of green and white - although not quite large enough to belong to a full-blooded legendary.

Asher stuck close to Sphinx, his nose pressed against the ground to try and smell anything out. His ears folded back at the sound of Chandra throwing up. He didn't blame her in the slightest.

Senna-Umbreon

Ghost Girl, Rust, Ladon, Phantom - Firefly Fields

Ladon nodded rapidly, before he continued to dart around the house in excitement. While he was indeed tired after all that had happened that day, he was more curious about this house than anything at the moment. But his little exploration was cut short as he tripped over one of Phantom's tails as he raced by the Smoldereon. He let out a yelp as he crashed to the floor, peering up to see the far larger Pokemon giving him a glare. "Ack, sorry!" He squeaked as he scrambled up and ran back over to his sister. Phantom merely let out a grumble before returning to trying to get to sleep.

-

"Well, to be fair, I'm more than willing to take what happened today as "proof of intent". But if you think we should do a proper investigation, then I suppose I can't argue." Ghost replied, tails twitching a little as she glanced between Solara and Forrest. "Anyway, do.. You guys need me to keep watch for the night? Just in case?" She asked, "Because.. Technically, I can." She would have preferred to rest for the night, mainly for the purpose of spending it curled up with her son, but she knew that staying on night watch would be fairly easy for her. She was nocturnal, after all.

While Ghost talked with the two other winged Pokemon, Rust merely stood there with Takoda, keeping his gaze on his mother. While she had told them to go inside and wait for her, he couldn't bring himself to move too far away from her just yet, half afraid that if he looked away from her for one moment, she'd disappear again.

----

Arinei - Destroyed Blessing camp

When the Skarmory landed in the ruined camp, he immediately began to pick his way through the rubble, trying to find some kind of hint to whatever had caused this. The disturbed soil and footprints here and there hadn't gone unnoticed by him, though he passed them by in favour of something else that had caught his eye. Hopping over to some rubble, he peered down at the white and green feather. He carefully picked it up with his beak, before turning to move back to the others, where his placed the feather down so they could see. "This was caught amongst the rubble."
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Takoda- Firefly fields, outdoors

Takoda slowly sat next to Rust, continuing to stare. "She says I'm not dead... I think that rules out the option of sudden Armageddon killing everyone... but from the urgency of the talking, one might be coming.. unless we're sleeping...." His ears flattened. "This doesn't make sense..."

Foresight- Firefly fields, Outdoors -> Indoors (Senna, I hope you don't mind if I roll with the idea that this place has carpet. Foresight loves carpet. >.>;)

"Thank you... Catharsis?" He said, gently walking in with her guidance. Even with his exhaustion a small smile brushed his face. "Ahhh...." He rubbed one of his paws against the soft flooring, although then he looked rather embarrassed, walking away a little bit. It wasn't long before he walked into a wall. He flattened his ears and decided that would be a good spot to lay down.

Chandra- Destroyed blessing camp

Chandra came back a little bit later. Her mouth felt fowl, but at least everyone seemed... normal.. ish. She slowly walked over to a Skarmory, Whatshisface. She moved close and sniffed a feather he had brought over. "Smells familiar." she said simply before backing off quite a bit.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Catharsis - Firefly Fields, outdoors --> indoors

"Yes, and you're welcome, though I don't believe I ever caught your name," the Ninetales replied as the two entered the house. She winced when Foresight walked into a wall, before trotting over to see if he was all right.
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Sphinx and Trick - Destroy Camp

Trick gave a sad whistle. "But why would they not think this is correct? Why do they think we are wrong? There is no reason to lash out like this!" The Chatot made a frustrated sound.

Sphinx gave Asher an approving nod. The kid had courage - not many pokemon could stomach destruction on this scale - like whoever it was who was puking a bit ago. She stopped besides several footprints, her face turning into a scowl. "So, here is our first set of clues. Do these prints look familiar to you?" Sphinx thought so, though she wanted Asher to deduce this for himself. Her suspicions were further confirmed when Arinei walked up with a feather in his beak. "Certainly looks familiar to me. Trick would know better though."

At the mention of his name, Trick left Darius and winged over to were Sphinx and the others were. He contemplated the feather a moment, his heart sinking. "Don't tell me that's one of the Champion pokemon's that we let visit here earlier." He almost pleaded, feeling immensely guilty. If he hadn't offered to show them the place....
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Solara, Lyra, Kalina, Forrest
Firefly Fields

"Sleep time. YES!" Solara called out at Ghost's offer, not even sticking around to say good-night. Ghost may have been nocturnal, but Solara was anything but. She already had padded off to the house and taken a place on the floor to sleep, feathers puffed up and wings tented around, making a small nest for herself. Lyra had curled up and joined her mother as well, sheltered under Sol's wings.

Kalina grinned a bit at her brother's antics, "Way to annoy the big scary fuzzbeast, Ladon." She chirped, settling down. "D'you think we should, you know, go to sleep as well?" Her ears were pricked. What had happened the past few days was still on her mind, but there were a lot of pokemon around here. They all seemed safe and would protect her, so she was somewhat comforted.

Forrestal frowned, unfurling his wings. "I should return to Ecruteak. The city and its occupants likely need me. Perhaps I can help quell the riot." With that, the bird hopped into the air, feathers gleaming in the moonlight before he peeled off in the direction of Ecruteak.
Senna-Umbreon

((I am dying over how eager both Sol and Forrest were to leave Ghost to staying up all night. XD))

Ghost Girl, Rust - Firefly Fields, outside

Ghost stared as Sol ran into the house, and she opened and closed her mouth a few times as Forrest turned to fly off as well. "I.. What.. Wait! It was just an offer if I absolutely had to, and..." She tried to protest, but by the time she did, both of her companions were gone. "...Arceusdamn it. Well, no rest for the.. Not-so-wicked, I suppose." She said with a sigh, turning to find a decent spot to start her little night watch, only to pause and blink in surprise as Rust padded over to her. "Can... I stay out here with you...?" He asked, then added, "I... Just want to stay near you..."

A smile broke out on the Wraitheon's face, and she curled her wings around her son in a hug. "Of course, Rust." She replied, before taking a step back and simply flopping down on the grass, with Rust curling up beside her.

--

Ladon - Firefly Fields, inside

"Heheh, oh right. That. Yeah." Ladon replied, grinning as he flopped down on top of Kalina. Sure, the soft floor was nice and all, but nothing beat using his sister as a sort of pillow. "Good night!"

-----

Arinei - Destroyed Blessing camp

Arinei gave a quick nod at Trick's words, letting out a sigh. "It would appear that way... I hesitate to immediately jump to the conclusion that this was their doing, yet..." He trailed off, narrowing his eyes at the feather. Surely it could have just.. Been from when the Wraitheons had been to the camp earlier, right? He didn't think Ghost would be the kind to do this.. Solara he was less sure of, however. She certainly seemed more.. Hostile than her companion.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Foresight-firefly fields, inside

He flicked his ears toward the Ninetales. "I'm Foresight." He curled up and rested his chin on his front paws. "Ho-Oh champion, not that that changes anything. I'm still me after all."

Takoda, Blood sleep, Shadess-firefly fields, outside

He blinked as Rust padded over to his mother without even seeming to notice that he had said something. He couldn't blame him, this was weird, and..... It was his mother..... 'just leave them be, Takoda. It's private...' he sighed at his own thoughts and stood, brushing off a little bit of dirt and grass. "Excuse me?" Someone asked. He spun around to face them, only to be face to face with Blood sleep.

The reaction to scream would seem from an outside perspective, perhaps a little bit irrational. Then again, it was a Darkrai. Takoda turned and ran, glomping into Ghost and clinging to her with arms and legs. Blood sleep winced. "Whoops." Shadess floated up beside her daughter. "I think we traumatized him if he still remembers you like that." She said, putting an arm around the other Darkrai. "You made me do it..." Blood sleep said, looking at the ground and pushing Shadess' arm away.

Chandra- destroyed blessing camp

Chandra did her best to quell the urge to throw up again, creeping down to one of the graves. Who was here that would have made these? The people she saw attack... They seemed like they didn't care about the lives of others. She played with the dirt a little bit with her claws. "Who cared about you...?" She whispered. There were plenty of Pokemon unfortunate enough to not have been buried. Why these ones? Whoever they were.
Senna-Umbreon

Ghost Girl, Rust - Firefly Fields, outside

Ghost's fur and feathers both fluffed up in alarm as Takoda suddenly ran over and clung onto her, and Rust nearly jumped in shock. It took a few moments for the duo to calm down, with Ghost being the first to realize the cause of what had just happened, ears flicking in Shadess and Blood Sleep's direction. She maneuvered herself around so she could look at Takoda, flicking one tail up to curl around the hybrid. "Hey, it's okay... Trust me, if either of them try to do anything to you, I'll keep you safe." She said, casting a quick glance towards the two Darkrai.

"T-Takoda...? Are you okay...?" Rust asked quietly, sitting up and peering at the Garderade. He really couldn't blame his friend for being afraid of the two Dark type Legends.. He himself was not.. Entirely sure he was that comfortable having them around.
Moonlost

((Aggh, sorry sorry. This should have been up much sooner than it was. <_> ))

Asher, Darius and Sonnet - Destroyed Camp

Asher padded forward a little to inspect the footprints, wishing it weren't true. Almost trepidatiously, he placed his own inside of it, pressing down hard before lifting it up. The resemblance between the two sets was too much to be coincidence. An eeveelution made these prints, and one of incredible size. Outside of his dad, Ghost, Solara, and the Jolteon that had been in the tower he didn't know many others who were that big.
"Yeah, I think they belong to... to the tower eeveelutions." He agreed, ears flat against the back of his neck. Why had they been here? Surely it wasn't to... to kill everyone here. He'd heard some nasty tales about what the former dusk could do, but that was a long time ago - all traces of the virus was gone, and they seemed nice enough. Just worried about the pokemon in the tower.

Darius let out an audible grunt as he pushed against a large bit of rubble, his claws digging into the cement. With a huff, he managed to shift it away, letting it fall to the dirt with an audible thump. The debris used to be an entrance to the underground complex, and he had been curious to see if it was still in-tact. But from the looks of things, the place had been completely collapsed.
The great nidoking shifted his gaze to Arinei and the group, noticing the feather. With the absol ever at his side, Darius moved over.
"Found something?" He asked.

___

Venin - Firefly Fields

Venin had allowed herself to lean up against her mate as the two of them started to drift off, the strangeness of the house smothered somewhat by the familiarity of the large eeveelution. Hah, she was getting sappy as the years rolled on. Soon she'd be calling him darling or floofylove or some crap like that.
She was shaken out of her light doze as the two odd eevees scampered by, one of them practically tripping over Phantom in the process. She started a little at Phantom's yelp, looking up towards her mate as he glared at the pup. But it quickly resolved, and she snuggled back against her mate and allowed her eyes to once again close.

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Catharsis - Firefly Fields, inside --> Outside

"It's an honor to meet you, Foresight," she replied, keeping her voice soft to where only he could hear her. "Have a good rest."

She turned the rest of his words over in her mind, feeling a little jealous that the Jolteon still had a sense of self that she never had. At least, not a sense of self she was happy with, anyway. A quiet sigh left the Ninetales before she turned and slowly padded out of the house, taking care to keep from disturbing anyone. She cast a wary glance towards where she could see Veth, for once glad that the Yveltal's attention was elsewhere so she could easily slip out without him noticing that she wasn't listening to orders.

'For once,' she thought bitterly, slinking out to curl up within the shade of a large tree, covering herself with her tails as she moved to lay her head down upon her forepaws. 'I should... do that more often, instead of just smiling and nodding like the doormat I am. I don't... I don't deserve to be Champion for any Legend, especially not for one like Veth. I don't know how he can even stand me with how useless I was before when Loki nearly killed him, while all I did was stand there trembling and screaming for him to stop...' The vulpine grimaced, squeezing her eyes shut as she covered her muzzle with her forepaws. 'I... wish we'd never met, then none of this would have happened...'

Vethrfolnir - Firefly Fields, Outside

The Yveltal blinked at the slight commotion happening nearby, and Veth turned his head to see what was going on.

"Is everyone all right?" he asked quietly, approaching the little group a few steps before he once again settled down. He thought about telling them that he could handle the job of night watch on his own, but if they wanted to stay out here, well, that was none of his business. Besides, a few extra pairs of eyes and ears wouldn't hurt anything.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Foresight- Inside-> outside

Foresight thought over Catharsis for quite a while. She smelled like a Ninetales, but also like the Veth fellow, who was a legend. As he kept thinking he became more and more possible that Catharsis could be a mortal who was as "old" as he was, as if he recalled correctly, Ninetales lived a very long time. The legendary part could mean she had lived even longer, possibly. By now these thoughts were making it hard to actually sleep. He sighed and stood, padding outside.

He sat a little ways from the doorway, ears pricked. He knew she had come outside, he just needed to find her. Perhaps she had gone somewhere else, and he was just wasting his time.

Takoda, Blood sleep, Shadess- outside

Takoda just clung to Ghost, eyes widened. "But they... They... They they..." He finally screwed his eyes shut. Ever since he was little, he had been TERRIFIED of Darkrai. For good reasons, but... Was it really fair of him? Everyone else, anyone else he would greet for the first time with a smile and a warm welcome. But a Darkrai... But THOSE Darkrai...

Shadess winced. "We're not welcome right here, right now, Blood sleep." She said. "You should sleep. You fit in with mortals better anyway, sleeping at the same time as them will help you build bonds." Blood sleep looked at the ground. "But I'm not tired. And if you sleep, you-" "I'm not tired either, I'm not going to sleep. Just go to where the others are resting and keep your ability in check, and don't worry about me." Blood sleep paused, then fallowed her mother's instructions, fading as she moved away.