Dawn of the Blessing (Open RP) (Johto)

Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Re: Dawn of the Blessing (Open RP) (Johto)

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Ghost Girl, Rust - Firefly Fields, outside

"I know, Takoda. But I don't think they're going to hurt you. You're safe with me, anyway." Ghost said, giving Takoda a soft nudge with her nose. When Veth approached, the Wraitheon nodded, "We're fine. Don't worry." She responded, peering up at the Yveltal. Beside her, Rust simply snuggled up closer to her, raising one paw and placing it on one of Takoda's hands in an attempt to comfort his friend.

----

Arinei - Destroyed Blessing camp

"I believe so." Arinei replied as Darius and Sonnet came over, glancing at them before turning his gaze back to the feather. "This feather was amongst the rubble... It appears to belong to some Ho-Oh blessed Eeveelutions that reside in Ecruteak's Burned Tower. They were in the camp earlier, and their visit was.. Peaceful more or less. So it might be that this feather is from that visit. But I suppose this is our best clue so far." He explained. He decided not to mention the fact that he knew the two Wraitheons, figuring it was an unnecessary detail given that he didn't know them well enough to say for sure whether they would do this or not.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Vethrfolnir - Firefly Fields, outside

"Good, good," Veth replied, bowing his head in a show of respect. "I will not trouble you any further, then. Have a good night." with that, the Legend moved away from the trio, before settling down once again.

Catharsis - In a Nightmare

It hadn't taken long for the Ninetales to drift off despite how upset she had been, but then, the nightmares came, and they were always about Loki. Catharsis's eyes were squeezed shut as she lay there trembling, her claws digging into the ground beneath her.

---

Catharsis flinched when she saw Vethrfolnir's head jerk harshly to the side, blood flying from the wounds his older brother's wing-claws had inflicted. The younger Yveltal shook his head, his eyes remaining firmly squeezed shut.

"Your kindness makes you weak, little brother," Loki sneered, his icy blue eyes narrowing in derision before he lashed out a second time, drawing more blood as his wing-claws raked across Veth's right shoulder. "We do not need mortal Pokemon as personal followers!"

"The only weak one here is you, Loki," Veth replied, his voice gentle even though blood was streaming from his wounds in rivulets. "What happened to you? Why did you start down this path?"

"My eyes were opened," the older Yveltal hissed, raising his wing to strike Vethrfolnir a third time, but he decided against it, instead moving to slowly spread his wings as he spoke. "We are Legendaries of death and destruction, little brother -- agents of chaos."

"Our abilities should not be squandered, Loki, and you should remember that death and destruction are very much a part of order and life. You cannot just kill those you dislike."

"Don't you dare lecture me on things I already know!" Loki roared, his chest beginning to glow dangerously. "You've always been a thorn in my side, little brother, and for that, I'm going to teach you a lesson!"

"Do what you will, but you know I will not fight back."

"And that is why you are an imbecile," the older Yveltal replied, a dark chuckle leaving him before he suddenly turned, unleashing the stored energy towards Catharsis.

The Ninetales froze completely as the beam of red-black energy streaked towards her, light blue eyes widening in pure fear, only to flinch when a shadow fell over her, before she felt herself shoved to one side. An avian screech of pain came to her ears, and Catharsis breathed Vethrfolnir's name, tears falling down her face as she saw him take the brunt of the attack that had been meant for her, the red-black energy of Loki's Oblivion Wing striking the younger Yveltal full on in the chest.

"Hrmph, I knew you'd do something so foolish," Loki sneered, his eyes narrowed in his version of a cruel smirk. "Throwing your own life away for a single mortal. Pathetic."

"I will not allow you to harm my Champion," Veth replied, his breathing heavy as he fell to his side, the petrification at his chest beginning to spread over him. "I am sorry that you cannot comprehend the idea of selflessness."

"How..." The kitsune grit her teeth, her eyes narrowing as she turned to glower up at the other Legendary, angry tears slipping down her face as she pulled herself to her paws, all nine tails laying limply upon the ground. "How could you do something so horrid to your own brother?!"

"Easy," came the reply, another chuckle leaving him. "He brought it upon himself by shielding you."

A snarl of rage left the Ninetales, emotions replacing logic as Catharsis suddenly raced forward, wanting to do nothing but to hurt this Yveltal in any way possible. She leapt forward, jaws parted as she bared her teeth -- only to end up crashing back to the ground when Loki merely smacked her out of the air with a wing.

"Catharsis..." Veth's voice was weak as he called for her, and she saw him struggling to reach for her, only for his wing to become petrified. His eyes were finally open again, meeting her own as the younger avian drew his last breath, the petrification claiming him completely.

"Vethrfolnir..." Catharsis whimpered, her entire form trembling as quiet sobs left her. "I'm sorry..."

She yelped when she felt talons close around her, and she struggled, trying in vain to free herself. She cried out a second time when Loki tightened his grip, squeezing her to the point where it hurt to breathe, causing her to cough as she struggled for breath.

"Quiet. I have plans for you, my little kitsune," Loki murmured sweetly, squeezing her tighter until she finally fell unconscious. "Big plans."

---

The Champion's eyes snapped open, a loud gasp leaving Catharsis as she lay there panting heavily, her tongue lolling out of one side of her mouth as she focused on drawing in precious oxygen. It had been one of the worst times of her life, and it continued to haunt her even now that -- somehow -- Veth was alive again.

That was too strange for her not to think about any longer, and after taking a few minutes to recollect herself, Catharsis rose to her feet and turned to leave the shadows of the tree -- only to freeze when she saw Foresight sitting in front of the nearby house.

((Good grief, this nightmare/memory took forever to write, and I'm sorry for the giant length of this post, yeesh.))
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by HoneyShuckle »

Foresight, Shadess, Takoda-Firefly fields, outside

Foresight flicked his ears as he heard gasping. "Catharsis?" He slowly padded toward the sound, only to stop. Now that he thought about it further, his question was probably... private, and stupid. He pulled his ears back. Plus there was even the chance that it wasn't even her he was hearing. It SOUNDED a little like her, but he didn't know her well enough for sure. "I'm sorry, I think I've made a mistake. Sorry for disturbing you." He started to back up, ears still flat. He needed to sleep before he did something even more idiotic.

---

Takoda slowly rested back fully on the ground, still sticking close to Ghost, although he did place a hand with Rust. He kept his eyes closed though, and he was taking deep breaths to try to relax.

Shadess watched for a small bit longer before fading, leaving only empty space and darkness in her wake.
Guess what! Senna made my Avatar! woo!
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

((Aww, Foresight. *hugs him*))

Catharsis - Firefly Fields, outside

"Y-yeah, it's me," Catharsis replied, taking a few steps towards the winged Jolteon. "Is there something you need?" She blinked, canting her head to one side at his body language, wondering if something or someone had upset him. Though she didn't really know him, he seemed pleasant enough, and he knew Solara, so that was enough for her.

"Are you okay?" she asked, her voice soft as she padded up next to him. She blinked again, noticing something about his physical appearance that she couldn't believe she hadn't taken note of earlier, and she'd seen plenty of Jolteons before back when she lived with her family in Kanto!

"You're shiny," she said softly. "Like me..."
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Foresight- Firefly fields, Outside

Foresight's ears pinned back even farther. Shiny. That word had meant so many things. Good, bad.... But taking note of it was outside of most of his experience. It was hard to understand when he... refused to see most of the time. "E...Erm, yes. I am shiny." His tail feathers drooped, and he got even more tense. "I.. guess I wanted to ask you something." He took a deep breath.

"I.. was wondering, since.. from what I gather, you're a... Ninetales, if you've.. well.. How long have you been around? As in, existed?" The question did sound pretty stupid out loud. "I mean.. if you don't want to talk about it, that's fine. I'm pretty tired, so I don't make very much sense."
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Catharsis - Firefly Fields, outside

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.." Catharsis shrank back a little, her ears flattening as her tails fell limp. "It must have been hard for you, too, yeah? It's quite difficult to tell with me now ever since Veth blessed me, but it's still there, just very subtle. None of the idiots in the Blessing ever caught notice, thankfully, otherwise, I wouldn't still be here. All three of my sisters are Deltas, while I took after our father..." She trailed off, a soft snort leaving her before she shook her head. "I used to be so jealous of them for it. I guess... I still am, because it still upsets me to think about it."

She blinked at his question, before she moved to sit down, her tails mantling themselves around her.

"I am, yes, and I'm not going to throw a curse on you just for being curious about my age," she said, smiling a little more than normal. "I'm not that petty and vindictive. Sometimes, those legends tend to be a little... exaggerated. But, no, I don't mind talking about it."

She fell silent for a moment, turning her head to gaze out across the middle distance, in the direction where Kanto lay beyond the horizon. When she spoke again, her voice was soft, with an underlying note of sadness.

"I am one hundred and ten years old. Others may not think so, but when it comes to my kind, I'm fairly young. Still... a century is a long time. I have not been in contact with my family for over ninety years, and the trainer I once had is dead. The only one I have now is Veth, though... I nearly lost him once."
Senna-Umbreon

Ghost smiled a little as Takoda seemed to relax, raising one wing and then draping it over both him and Rust. Voices from nearby made her look up, though, ears pricked. She tilted her head as she spotted Catharsis and Foresight, slightly curious about what they seemed to be talking about. But she figured it wasn't really much of her business, so she turned her gaze back to the two hybrids curled up next to her. At least it seemed like Foresight was.. Hopefully making a friend in the Blessed-Ninetales. Ghost liked Foresight, really, but he always seemed so very awkward around Pokemon beyond her and Sol. If he was making friends with someone else, that was good.

As she lay there, her thoughts moved on to other things. Now that she had finally returned to her family... That meant at some point, those in Unova would have to be told about her being alive. She'd asked both Pan and Quinn to not mention anything to Rhythym via telepathy when they'd told her the Suicune had gone to Unova. It wasn't that she didn't want her.. Allies and friends to know. It had just taken a long time for her to feel ready to really face anyone beyond the two Legendary Beasts. And even then, it wasn't like she had specifically sought them out. They just lived so close by - heck, the Wraitheons had more or less taken over their old home of the Burned Tower - that it had been impossible to avoid them. And she was still finding it a little hard to be around her family again now. But now she at least had a reason to not let anyone from Unova know. Chances were if they found out she was alive.. Well, she could think of at least a handful of Pokemon that would likely rush straight to Johto to see her. And given the situation with the Blessing.. She wasn't sure that was the best idea. Getting her friends needlessly involved in what could easily become a much bigger mess than it already was.. Was not exactly something she was too keen on.

With her thoughts on Unova, though.. It wasn't long before Ghost's mind turned to thinking about her daughter. The last time she had seen Copper... They had more or less been enemies. Or at least Copper had seen it that way. The memory of her daughter betraying her was still painful for the Wraitheon.. It was far too much like how her friendship with Sol had fallen apart during the Dusk War. She had pushed her best friend away, and then she had ended up doing the same to her daughter. Even if Copper supposedly hated her.. She still loved her. Copper was her daughter, and she regretted the behaviour that had caused the Joltos to resent her more than anything else. Letting out a heavy sigh, she turned her gaze to Takoda, "...Hey, Takoda? Do.. You know what happened to Copper after.. Everything at the Bridge?" She asked. While she was fairly confident in the knowledge that Copper was more or less safe.. She still had no idea what had become of her after Dusa was defeated. As she spoke, Rust raised his head to gaze up at his mother and Takoda, ears twitching a bit at the mention of his sister's name.

((The funny part is that Johto would likely be safer for a bunch of people from Unova, given the situation over there. Oh Ghost, if only you knew... XD))
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Takoda, Foresight- firefly fields outside

Takoda blinked and looked at Ghost. He had almost fallen asleep. But then he frowned a little. "All I know is that they left before the battle was even over.... Which... Means Dusa didn't get her, at least." Thinking about Copper made him think about that Darkrai she was with... He was one of the ones related to Shadess, wasn't he? He screwed his eyes shut as he tried to cut off those thoughts.

---

Foresight's hopes faded when Catharsis said she was only a hundred. "Ah..." He didn't sit down, slightly edging away from her. "Very sorry to bug you then..." He should have known as soon as she said she was shiny. In his time, and place, being shiny would mean your death. Apparently, according to one or two of the few legends he had asked on the subject, the event he had witnessed was fairly... Local. At the time it had felt so apocalyptic... But those feelings kept creeping back as they learned more and more about these shadows around the blessing.

He turned and started to head back towards indoors, hitting his head on the doorframe in his distracted and tired state. "Ack..."
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Darius and Sonnet - Destroyed Camp

"Perhaps." The older Nidoking bent down to the feather, carefully grasping it between his talons. he lifted it up to his pale eyes, rotating it about to he could get as good a look at it as was possible. "But, surely if it had been left here from before, then it would be in worse condition? Not that I can see much, but it seems in relatively good condition."
He huffed a soft breath, returning his gaze to the metallic bird. "Sill, perhaps the townspeople know more about what's happened. Or we can question the Tower's protectors ourselves."

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Zack
Coming up on Firefly Fields? (I haven't been able to read many posts in this thread so correct me if I'm wrong on any of this)

Zack had been wondering for quite some time. He didn't know where he was or where he was going, all he knew was that he had to keep going else he would find him. He did know, though, that his mouth was dry to the bone and his stomach clenched in pain. He had to stop soon, he had to quench his thirst and feed his appetite. But he didn't want to stop, he couldn't stop. He would surely find him if he did. He eventually collapsed from the pain and exhaustion. It was a beautiful field, perhaps even a farm of some sort given the house he could see in the distance. A farm. Food. He clawed his way towards the house, but the distance only seemed to grow. He eventually completely collapsed. Is this it? he thought before falling unconscious.

(I'll post for Peter when I get my thoughts together)

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

((I'm so sorry for not posting till now, haven't been feeling 100% lately.))

Catharsis, Vethrfolnir - Firefly Fields, outside

The vulpine's ears flattened when Foresight began edging away from her, not even noticing his little accident with the doorframe as she stared down at her forepaws. "I-I'm... you're not bothering me..." A barely audible whimper left her as she moved to stand, her tails limp on the ground around her. "I'm sorry... for whatever it was I said wrong... I'm... sorry..."

---

Vethrfolnir blinked before he shook his head, his keen eyesight having caught a glimpse of movement at the edge of the fields. The Yveltal narrowed his eyes a little, focusing intently upon the figure as it drew closer. From its movements, whoever this was looked... worse for wear. And his assumption was confirmed when the figure collapsed.

At once, the Legend was in the air and winging his way towards the downed figure, and as he drew closer, he noticed that it was a Pokemon. Veth voiced a soft croon as he landed close to the fallen 'mon, and upon closer inspection, he realized that he was looking at a Zoroark who had features of another Pokemon he couldn't really place.

'A Hybrid,' he thought, frowning inwardly. 'And in bad shape. I wonder if he escaped from somewhere?' Darker thoughts of what may have happened to this Hybrid flashed within his mind, only for Veth to dismiss them. He couldn't go pointing fingers, even if he did personally believe that the Blessing - and possibly Loki - were involved.

"Pokemon down!!!" He called, turning to look back over his shoulder, not caring if he ended up waking the dead. Had he been capable of using any healing moves, he would've tried to help this poor soul himself, but, being an Yveltal, that was certainly out of the question.

---

Catharsis's head jerked up when she heard Veth call out, and instantly, she was running out to join him, her sadness at possibly upsetting Foresight forgotten for the time being.

"Something's wrong!" she barked as she rushed passed Ghost and the others, but the Ninetales didn't slow down until she'd reached her master's side. Her eyes widened at the sight of the Zorscor, but she kept her distance, just in case the stranger wasn't fully unconscious.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Foresight, Shadess, Takoda- Firefly fields, Outside

Foresight turned a little bit when Catharsis said she wasn't bothered by him, but before he could speak, Vethrfolnir called out. He flicked his ears and then tore off that way, flapping his wings for extra speed. He could hear Catharsis' own bounds not too far away, and slowed his pace as he guessed he was nearing the destination. He stopped short of the collapsed pokemon, one wingtip brushing against it. He felt like he wanted to just lay down and pass out, but he was on duty now. And he couldn't back out of it. "What's the matter?" He asked. He flicked an ear as Shadess unfaded. He could tell she was to his left, and a little bit behind.

---

"Ghost, what..." Takoda stood up when the legendary bird spoke about a pokemon down. Catharsis and Foresight running by didn't help the concept. He ran over and knelt down beside a collapsed pokemon. "I'm a healer!!" He felt with one of his vines for the Pokemon's pulse. He was warm at least... He didn't even notice as Shadess appeared, too focused on seeing if this hybrid was alright.
Senna-Umbreon

((D: I hope you feel better, Falcon! *Hugs*))

Ghost Girl, Rust - Firefly Fields

Ghost's relief about Copper - and Little Shadow - likely being alright was cut short as Vethrfolnir called out. She jumped up as Catharsis and Foresight raced past, wings flaring. As Takoda moved towards the commotion, the Wraitheon took flight, gliding down to where the others were gathered. Her brow furrowed at the sight of the collapsed hybrid. "What in the world...?"

"A-Are.. They okay?" Rust asked as he padded up to the group, peering at the Zorscor from behind Ghost, causing the Wraitheon to pause and glance back at him for a moment.

----

Arinei - Destroyed Blessing camp

"That is certainly a good point." Arinei admitted, dipping his head slightly. The Nidoking was right in that, if the feather had been from the Wraitheons' visit.. It would likely be in far worse condition. Perhaps the fact that he knew them was making him secretly hope they weren't behind the destruction. Stifling a sigh, he nodded, "I believe that questioning the townsfolk would be the best option to take first. If they know something and the Tower's Eeveelutions are indeed behind this, it'll be far safer than confronting the perpetrators themselves outright."
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

(I know what you mean, Falcon. Hope you feel better soon!)

Zack
Outskirts of Firefly Fields

Zack felt a warmness brush over him, and could feel the presence of a few Pokemon surrounding him. "Father, please," he coughed, "Stop using me!" He cracked open an eye, but everything was blurred. He struggled to get up, trying to push his weight off the ground, but he soon failed and collapsed again. "Please leave me alone, Father," the hybrid wept, "I don't want you to accept me as your son anymore. I just want you to leave me alone." His stomach tightened in pain, causing him to curl up. "Food," he whimpered, "Need food."

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Takoda, Shadess, Foresight-firefly fields

"Hurry! Do what he says!" Takoda cried, holding his hands over the Pokemon. He focused, then let out a continuous stream of energy to heal the poor Pokemon and give him strength. "Come on, it's going to be ok, just relax!"

Takoda is using heal pulse!

"I will look for food." Shadess said, fading. Foresight flicked his ears. "Wait, wouldn't someone local..." He simply stopped. Shadess was already gone. He suddenly felt useless again. The calls of the pokemon were bone chilling, and he sounded like he had been trashing. "Ghost's friend?" He asked. "What do you need me to do?" Takoda flicked his ears, concentration waving. "You.. Um..."
Senna-Umbreon

The Wraitheon tilted her head at the Zorscor, ears drooping slightly at his words. She padded forward, extending one paw to gently touch his side, "Hey.. It's alright. You're safe here with us. You can relax now, alright?" She said in an attempt to comfort him, markings glowing faintly as she used the moon's light to heal the hybrid.

Ghost Girl used Moonlight!

Rust simply watched, ears drooping. He honestly felt slightly useless himself. He would have offered to find food, but it seemed like Shadess had that.. More or less covered.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

((I promise i'm not trying to steal your thunder, Jurz. This is something I've had planned for her.))

Catharsis, Vethrfolnir - Firefly Fields, outside/ Locked inside a memory

The Ninetales's eyes glazed over at hearing the Hybrid's words. She stood there, trembling, before her eyes rolled back in her head, and she collapsed, not responding when Veth whipped his tail around to catch his Champion before she hit the ground.

"Catharsis, what is wrong?!"

Her master's word fell upon deaf ears, however, as the Ninetales found herself locked within one particular memory.

---

"Kill it," Loki's hard voice sounded from the shadows, his icy blue eyes narrowing dangerously as he watched the other two Pokemon, who were in the room with him. "Obey your orders."

"I can't..." Catharsis whimpered, her ears slicked back against her skull as she stood there, trembling, even when the little Purrleowth toddled up to her, a soft mewl leaving it as it gazed up at her with those large, green eyes. It was too young to properly speak, and too young to tell friend from foe. "It's just a kitten..."

"Just a kitten?" The Yveltal sneered as he regarded the Ninetales Champion, as the baby Hybrid mewled again, before raising a tiny forepaw to bat at one of her legs. "You poor misguided fool, Hybrids are unstable. This 'kitten' will grow up to become a menace to society. You will end it now, before it has a chance to grow up into another freak who must be put down for the safety of others."

"I refuse," the Ninetales snarled, eyes narrowed as she turned to glare up at Loki. "You're not my rightful master!"

She cried out when the Legendary lashed out with a wing, effectively backhanding the smaller Pokemon with enough force to send her off her feet and into the nearby wall, where she fell into a crumpled heap of limbs and tails. The world swam as, with a groan, she tried to reorient herself, the Purrleowth's mewling sounding far away, as she felt one of Loki's wings closing around her.

"Then face the consequences," he hissed, his grip tightening until she could barely move. "You will not be allowed sustenance until you follow orders without foolishly rebelling. I am your master now, my little fox, and you will learn to obey me."

With that, he released Catharsis before he turned to leave the room, and the Ninetales stumbled rather drunkenly to her paws, her head lowered and tails limp as she glowered at the Yveltal's retreating back.

"You're not going to get away with this, you monster..."

"You will not be fed until you follow orders and deal with that freak of nature," came Loki's cold tone before the door closed behind him. "It will only be a matter of time before you give in to your baster instincts."

---

"Not.... going to kill... the kitten..." She muttered, her entire form trembling. "Not going.... to... listen to... the likes of you..."
Last edited by Falcon on Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Foresight, Takoda- Firefly fields

Foresight flicked his attention to Catharsis as she cried out. "Catharsis?!" He went as quickly as he could over to her. He stepped on one of her tails by accident. She seemed to be in distress. A lot of it. He could hear Vethrfolnir very close. "Sir, is she alright?" He asked.

As foresight suddenly gained something to focus on, Takoda went back to focusing on this Pokemon. He soon had to take a break from the continuous healing stream, and went to check if he had any serious injuries.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Solara, Lyra
Firefly Fields

"Mom." Lyra hissed in Solara's ear.

Solara didn't look like she was going to budge. "Mom." Lyra added insistently. "Get up, something is going on."

"Mrrrmph." Solara replied. "I'm asleep. Very busy. Doing asleep things. Can't be bothered. Tell them to bother me tomorrow."

Lyra made an irritated snort, but she hopped onto her feet. "Fine. I'll go check it out." She slipped out of the room, padding over towards Rust was. "So, what's going on?" She asked, looking over at Zack. "I've never seen 'em before."
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

((I apologize in advance if part of this post makes anyone uncomfortable, it made me uncomfortable writing it. This'll probably be the last of Catharsis's memories I'll write for a while.))

Catharsis, Vethrfolnir - Firefly Fields, outside/Locked inside a second memory --> Firefly Fields, outside

"Physically, yes, but mentally... No, definitely not..." The Yveltal's own distress was apparent within his voice, and he moved his head closer to the Ninetales, his attention focused upon no-one but her. "But, I... I don't know what is happening to her..."

"What did Loki do to you...?" he whispered, blinking back tears. While she was breathing, it was erratic, and she appeared to be dreaming, but he couldn't tell for certain, having never witnessed such behavior from another Pokemon before. One just can't... suddenly fall unconscious and appear to be dreaming... can they?

---

Nearly a week had passed, and the kitten's health had faded to the point where she had been forced to end its life, in order to put it out of its misery. Catharsis sobbed, refusing to look at the sad pile of tiny bones at her paws. She despised herself for what she had been forced to do, but Loki had been true to his word -- starving her while she continued refusing his orders to slay the little Hybrid. She didn't even bother to look up as she heard the door open.

"So, you finally listened. I--" He blinked, before he moved closer in order to study her. "Is that regret you're showing, little fox? You're shedding tears for one of them? Now, now, we certainly can't have that. I'm going to make sure of it."

---

Catharsis's eyes snapped open, glazing over for a moment before they began to focus. She remained still, save for the movement of her eyes as she flicked them from Vethrfolnir over to rest upon Foresight, a few shaky breaths leaving her before she slowly moved herself into a laying position, her ears slicked back as she allowed her gaze to travel over to rest upon the fallen Hybrid and the others.

"I can't..." She gasped, her voice refusing to work, and the Ninetales grit her teeth before she shook her head hard. "I can't... I won't let another one die for no reason... He reminds me of the kitten..."

She moved to stand, her slender form shaking with the effort, and she stumbled as she stepped off Veth's tail, barely managing to catch herself, even when the Yveltal moved to steady her with a wing.

"You are not going anywhere," he stated, keeping his voice even. "I do not know what happened, but you are in no condition to go running off, even if it is to help. One of the Darkrais volunteered to go find food for him, and I am certain she will return soon." 'i hopeso, at least...'

"Veth... I..." she started to protest, only to trail off as she slumped against his wing, her eyes squeezing shut as she went over what to say.

'... I don't deserve you as a friend and master.
... I wish I could tell you how I truly feel about you.
... I wish I wasn't so weak-minded.
... I miss my mother and sisters.
... I don't want to be a burden to you, or Solara, or anyone else.

... I wish I was dead.
'

"I'm sorry for worrying you," she said finally, her voice soft and barely audible, before her gaze flicked to rest upon Foresight. "Both of you, especially when there's someone in far worse shape than I am. He needs help, not me. I promise I'll be fine, it's... something that happens to me sometimes."

Inwardly, she winced at the lie, but she didn't want to admit to the horrible things Veth's brother had forced her to do during her time in his talons, and it was bad enough that one such atrocity had already slipped into the open.