Possible new mounts in WoD

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Re: Possible new mounts in WoD

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Wain wrote:
Magnakilro wrote:Seeing this new info from MMO champ today...here are the mobs from my mount list that are slated to drop mounts...as these are likely what are being referred to:
Nakk the Thunderer: drops Bloodhoof Bull...red WoD Clefthoof mount.
Nok-Karosh: drops Garn Nighthowl...unarmored Black WoD Wolf mount. Located west of Wor'gol in FFR
Gorok: Drops the Great Greytusk.... Grey WoD boar mount
Luk'hok: Drops the Mottled Meadowstomper...yellow WoD Elekk
Silthide: Drops the Sapphire Riverbeast mount....blue hippo
Poundfist: Drops the Sunhide Gronnling....yellow Gronnling mount
Pathrunner: Drops the Swift Breezestrider...tan/yellow WoD Talbuk mount.
Thanks very much Magna, that does seem to make sense! I thought we had all sources updated (on WCM) where it was known, but it appears we missed these. Will go correct :)
No prob! Just need to find the locations of the not Garn ones...that may be important XD
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Warcraft Mounts should hopefully now be updated with all that we know about Draenor mount sources so far. Some of them I took the liberty of correcting. For example, the database currently says that a Steamwheedle goblin will be the Alliance vendor for an Arakkoa Outcasts mount, when it's almost certainly going to be the Arakkoa Outcast vendor in the Alliance capital (likewise, the Steamwheedle rep mount lists the same Arakkoa as one of its vendors). Also the Trained Snarler is almost certainly going to be the dark brown wolf even though the spellbook image is still the shadowy black one.

As I listed on another thread, the named mounts (not including unused colours) for which we DON'T yet have any source info are:

[table=border:1px none; border-collapse:collapse;padding:20px;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;][tr][td]Image
Witherhide Cliffstomper
[/td][td]Image
Ancient Leatherhide
[/td][td]Image
Tundra Icehoof
[/td][td]Image
Shadowhide Pearltusk
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Image
Rocktusk Battleboar
[/td][td]Image
Armored Razorback
[/td][td]Image
Wild Goretusk
[/td][td]Image
Giant Coldsnout
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Image
Mudback Riverbeast
[/td][td]Image
Mosshide Riverwallow
[/td][td]Image
Solar Spirehawk
[/td][td]Image
Garn Steelmaw
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Image
Warsong Direfang
[/td][td]Image
Smoky Direwolf
[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

It's worth noting that, unlike previous expansions, almost every last colour of mount skin is already assigned to a named mount! :) As far as we can tell, one riverbeast skin is not, as well as the "Iron Horde" style wolf model, the three new dread raven colours, three yetis and two gronnlings. Pretty good going all up :) Of course, being assigned to a mount spell doesn't guarantee a mount will make it into the game, as there are still a bunch of unavailable mount spells from Pandaria, but it does suggest that they're extra aware this time. And activities like the garrison stables open up a lot of new and fun opportunities for adding more mounts than before. :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

... and speaking of unused mount colours, I had forgotten to add the new black Kor'kron proto-drake skin, which is used on a non-mount mob in the new UBRS, but hasn't been put on a mount yet:

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/bl ... odrake.php

Looks wicked :)
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I d love a black kor'kron proto drake. Proto drakes will hold a special place in my heart, and I'd love to see them get some love again. I wonder what the arrakoa outcasts mount will be...perhaps a special dread Raven? May that be where the solar spirehawk comes from? That I don't think is likely, but it's a thought. I can't think of many arrakoa mounts, aside from dread ravens, spirehawk and the Anzu model.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kayro wrote:I wonder what the arrakoa outcasts mount will be...perhaps a special dread Raven?
Oh sorry, I should have mentioned it's a talbuk:
http://warcraftmounts.com/mounts/blackdraenortalbuk.php

At least that's what it's listed as in the database at the moment. Probably what they fled the zone on, seeing as they can't fly and were probably denied any flying mounts.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Wain wrote:
Kayro wrote:I wonder what the arrakoa outcasts mount will be...perhaps a special dread Raven?
Oh sorry, I should have mentioned it's a talbuk:
http://warcraftmounts.com/mounts/blackdraenortalbuk.php

At least that's what it's listed as in the database at the moment. Probably what they fled the zone on, seeing as they can't fly and were probably denied any flying mounts.
Ahh. I spend 5 hours grinding powder for the a dark Talbuk and...now I can get its fabulous cousin? Well, all the for the mount count I guess. All for the mount count.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Thanks for posting these pics everyone. I really love how they paid more attention to the saddles this time. The little bags and things are really nice and it's a bit more realistic I suppose.
Magnakilro

Yeah its unlikely we'll ever see the other dread ravens as mounts...though I'm basing this on MoP, which also had a mount CE reward (the Quilen). There were multiple mount worthy quilen models (3 of which appeared in the Iron Qon fight in ToT), but we only got that one. My guess is the same is gonna happen here too.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Magnakilro wrote:Yeah its unlikely we'll ever see the other dread ravens as mounts...though I'm basing this on MoP, which also had a mount CE reward (the Quilen). There were multiple mount worthy quilen models (3 of which appeared in the Iron Qon fight in ToT), but we only got that one. My guess is the same is gonna happen here too.
This ^

There are a few prior precedence that have me assuming that there we will most likely never see their counter parts/other variants. Your spot on regarding the other Quilen models and the link to the dread raven, I doubt they will ever become available to players due to the original being the CE mount, it would water down the "Unique" CE dread raven too much and may step on peoples toes.

The other mount to take into consideration that worries me even more is the Rylaks and the plethora of mount variants they come in (15 possible options to be exact). I have a bad feeling that we will not see any of these become permanent mounts due to one thing, the Iron Skyreaver.

Never in the history of wow has blizzard ever let players earn/obtain a mount, or a variant of, that is available on the Blizzard Cash Shop. Not even remotely similar.
Of the 9 mounts on the store, the closest any of them have become to resembling another mount would possibly be...
  • Celestial Steed and Invincible
    Winged Guardian and Obsidian Nightwing
    Enchanted Fey Dragon and (Any Classic) Drake
That is about as similar as any other mounts have gotten to a store mount in the past, which leaves me doubting that we will we ever see/be able to earn a variant of a Rylak mount. Lets be honest, with all these Rylaks running around (well if you tame one :roll: ) one could only assume that the sales in Skyreavers would potentially go up?

Eg. Insert hunters with Rylak Pet, wearing Rylak Stalker Armour. "Now... where can I get me a Rylak mount to match?"

And again, this also leaves me to guessing that as much as we will probably see hunter pets and taxi versions of the new Bats, I doubt we will ever see the Armored green, Armored Blue, and non-armored variants ever become permanent in game mounts. Don't get me wrong, I would be ecstatically happy to be proven otherwise, I just have a bad feeling I won't be.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, I think more dread raven mounts are less likely for that reason too :( Unless they also add them to the store, or to different specialty rewards.

It got me thinking... if a mount does occur in multiple colours but they have no intention of adding the other variants because of the original being a store or CE mount, then maybe they could consider allowing the player to receive all the variants as part of the deal (backdated, of course). Say, the Pandaria CE awards you all four colours of quilen mount, or the store Windsteed gives you all four colours of that. If they truly never intend to add them as separate mounts then they have no independent value as company assets and it'd cost them nothing to do that.

Unlikely, but it'd be nice :)

They could even be added later as a "deal sweetener" to encourage more purchases when sales are starting to wane. Again, it would have to be backdated if they ever did that or previous buyers would be furious.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Wain wrote:....then maybe they could consider allowing the player to receive all the variants as part of the deal (backdated, of course)......
Unlikely, but it'd be nice :)
That would be very VERY cool if that were ever an option :D

As much as it would be a little annoying, For Blizzard Store mounts, even if they just added (lets just use the bats for an example) the other colour variants to the Cash shop It would be better than nothing. :| That way they could still protect their financial interests (and even make more so if people want more than one colour variant), the artwork is already done, one would just select the bat, what colour you want it in, and presto?

Not sure of a particularly elegant way to add prior CE Mounts, but they could just retro add them after the expansion is over, much like the Challenge mode Phoenix will be? Not really sure tbh...

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I imagine the other rylak mount skins might be used by NPCs in the same way some recolored quilen mount skins were used (Iron Qon fight in ToT.)
Magnakilro

Made edits to my mount list back here http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 28#p509928

Changes:

1: Many sourceless mounts are no longer listed in the journal

2: the 7 mounts that drop from powerful world mobs now have specific zones listed

3: Solar Spirehawk now has a vague source.

4: Emerald Drake ach renamed. (Btw I can confirm that it has closed eyes)

5: Champion's Treadblade has a price

6: Mosshide Riverwallow has a source
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The following twelve mounts, which have never had a source listed, have now been removed from the mount journal entirely. Their spells still exist in the database, but it appears they aren't going to be used for now. That is, unless the change is an error. We've left them up on WCM for now, but will eventually move them to "unimplemented" status if this change proves to be intentional.

[table=border:1px none; border-collapse:collapse;padding:20px;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;][tr][td]Image
Witherhide Cliffstomper
[/td][td]Image
Ancient Leatherhide
[/td][td]Image
Tundra Icehoof
[/td][td]Image
Shadowhide Pearltusk
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Image
Rocktusk Battleboar
[/td][td]Image
Armored Razorback
[/td][td]Image
Wild Goretusk
[/td][td]Image
Giant Coldsnout
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Image
Mudback Riverbeast
[/td][td]Image
Garn Steelmaw
[/td][td]Image
Warsong Direfang
[/td][td]Image
Smoky Direwolf
Magnakilro

Wain wrote:The following twelve mounts, which have never had a source listed, have now been removed from the mount journal entirely. Their spells still exist in the database, but it appears they aren't going to be used for now. That is, unless the change is an error. We've left them up on WCM for now, but will eventually move them to "unimplemented" status if this change proves to be intentional.

Witherhide Cliffstomper
[/td][td]Image
Ancient Leatherhide
[/td][td]Image
Tundra Icehoof
[/td][td]Image
Shadowhide Pearltusk
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Image
Rocktusk Battleboar
[/td][td]Image
Armored Razorback
[/td][td]Image
Wild Goretusk
[/td][td]Image
Giant Coldsnout
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Image
Mudback Riverbeast
[/td][td]Image
Garn Steelmaw
[/td][td]Image
Warsong Direfang
[/td][td]Image
Smoky Direwolf
Thanks for the pics XD

Also thanks for reminding me that I forgot to edit Garn Steelmaw, Tundra Icehoof and Giant Coldsnout.
Magnakilro

Editted the 7 Mount dropper list with their zones of origin.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've removed the mount list from the OP. It was getting too much (on top of everything else) to keep both this thread and the Warcraft Mounts WoD page up to date with essentially the same info. Since the code for each is entirely different it was a lot of work. Instead, now, there's a link to the WoD page in the original post. It has all the same info and more, and is better organized :)
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

That's a shame, the black and white unarmored boars were some of the mounts I was most looking forward to.
The armored boars are pretty ugly in my opinion, and the other colors aren't so vibrant. I suppose I can settle for the grey boar, but that will require some long camping.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I really hope Warsong Direfang and Ancient leatherhide make it in.. I can't complain a ton as we're getting so many mounts, but those two look too cool. :(

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

They could also be saving them for use in later patches and want them removed from the journal data till then.