Gara

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Gara

Unread post by Krysteena »

Hmm. So we've got nothing for the fonts of power. The buff the lantern gives us seems to be of no help. We've got this dungeon, but can't find any clues in said dungeon. I'd say to scour the dungeon completely, but I don't think many groups will get a full clear done. There's a limit as to what we can do in the dungeon. While they'd want to limit this pet, I do think putting it in a heroic dungeon (or at least having it linked to one) is a bit far fetched. I mean, even if you see people running around with a void wolf, the common factor may not appeal to many and they'll pick a different wolf or something. Blizzard have outdone themselves on the wolves, I'm sure someone would prefer a Snow White one, or a jet black one or something.

I'll try looking more into the datamines, see if I can't find any items or something that'll give us a clue. The mystery will be solved! Make this a goal! Before Draenor goes live, figure out how to tame Gara!
moonone
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by moonone »

- Font o power - could walk all around hut - didn't lose it - as soon as I left the hut - it dropped - as reported earlier
odd though - maybe it has to do with the daily there?

- someone asked in a previous post if anyone checked out the sun shaft area in Talador near pea chick quest - went over there - didn't see anything.

-pondered just taking Flight Paths and flying all around the zones - might help bring to light a area we haven't searched?
Darkbrew
Realm: Drenden

Unread post by Darkbrew »

One thing I would say about the SMBG dungeon is this. If there is an event or something triggered here, it would likely need to be triggered by clicking on something, and would not be an automatic event, or if it was automatic it would have to wait until loot is distributed. It's also mildly annoying if you are in a random group and they queue for another run right away.

Also, in that dungeon, the room where final boss is, is segregate from the rest of the instance. To leave that room you need to take a portal. So if there were something related in there it means exiting and then re-entering the cleared the instance.

Something in a dungeon isn't unthinkable, as we had Vision of Time in MoP, but I'm not convinced that's it. That said, thematically SMBG certainly fits the bill.

The hunt continues...
Rodhake
Realm: kazzak eu

Unread post by Rodhake »

Darkbrew wrote:One thing I would say about the SMBG dungeon is this. If there is an event or something triggered here, it would likely need to be triggered by clicking on something, and would not be an automatic event, or if it was automatic it would have to wait until loot is distributed. It's also mildly annoying if you are in a random group and they queue for another run right away.

Also, in that dungeon, the room where final boss is, is segregate from the rest of the instance. To leave that room you need to take a portal. So if there were something related in there it means exiting and then re-entering the cleared the instance.

Something in a dungeon isn't unthinkable, as we had Vision of Time in MoP, but I'm not convinced that's it. That said, thematically SMBG certainly fits the bill.

The hunt continues...
im in there now in pools of reflection :P
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Well vision of time could be done at the entrance right? Or did that change?

A dungeon does fit the best... A big void god like Xan ... whatever we need to get to him should be in there, rather than out in the world somewhere I'd think. But how obscure can it be in a dungeon? Both normal & heroic SMBG has been looked over pretty well now.

I don't think I saw if anyone did Auchindoun? Heroic and normal? I know someone attempted it but don't think they finished. But the Naaru was talked about before and their connection to the voidwalkers (their lanterns), and Auchindoun itself has plenty of glass. I'm doubtful but it's worth a shot?

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Guys.. I think..

I found it out. Editing in a sec oh my god.

Edit:

Ok. You know that tree . Great tree Valuundira? Yeah. I was wondering. What if its corrupted by the void? Well.

Look around the trunk. In a small hole there is a void blade! Click on it and what do you know!

And look who is next to me!!!

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

What tree? I don't see it mentioned anywhere else in the thread. Where is that? Nice work!

Who mentioned the tree/when? I've followed every post.. I must have missed it!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Sorry, map. Was a bit excited lol.

The tree was never discussed, I thought it was a normal vignette. But I was always wondering, how does that vignette work? Was looking around without even thinking about Gara, found the blade and what a surprise that was.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

Oh hot DINGYDANG I know exactly the tree you're talking about. BE RIGHT THERE!

edit; I cannot find the blade... lookinglooking....

Got there, in the Void with another Troll Hunter!! Not sure what to do, need to take my son to an orthodontist appt!!!!

I'll be back in 30-45 mins :D

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit again before I leave -- my first instinct is to look around for Xan -- but really at this point who knows? We killed some voidwalker guys, no loot that I saw.

HERE IS WHERE THE DAGGER SPAWNS - up in that hole!!!!
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

yesss on to the next step at long last! congrats guys! :D
...just how long did it take us to luck into this thing after the previous step?

Rodhake

Unread post by Rodhake »

gara seems to like to attack void stalkers

edit ofc worldserver is down
Zgar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Illidan

Unread post by Zgar »

I love you all, each and every one of you :headbang:
Rodhake

Unread post by Rodhake »

got gara !
Nyrikah
Realm: Kargath-US

Unread post by Nyrikah »

Wow! You guys are amazing! Good hunting :) Can't wait to explore once the beta realms come back up.
Zgar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Zgar »

Honestly though, this was an amazing experience. I genuinely love how we all came together as a community to solve this, congrats guys, and good job.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well guys, I can't believe we finally solved it! Was tedious at times, and looking back, I still don't see any pattern to most of it; a lot of it was pretty random. I never would've guessed the sword and never would have found it if I wasn't in the area, but I am really glad I was a part of this. Was awesome working together with the hunter community. <3

Last edited by Lupen202 on Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

wow how embarrassing I ran past that tree lots of times but I never noticed the sword >_>

last part seemed pretty easy.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Darkbrew
Realm: Drenden

Unread post by Darkbrew »

Great work everyone!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Congrats guys!

Might I recommend we make a forum specifically for this to detail step by step how its done? Or the first post edited?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Zgar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Zgar »

So after 75 posts in one thread alone, I'm finally able to say goodbye. It was an awesome experience, one that I hope we get to re-live in the future. Even though we had to do some datamining to get where we got, it was still something I'm proud to say I was a part of.