Molten Core Anniversary Dungeon

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: Molten Core Anniversary Dungeon

Unread post by Sukurachi »

For all the "it took me a week to get to 90" people, that's all very good and nice for you, but it's not the same for everyone.
It took me a month to get to 90.
So not everyone's game time is planned out the same way.

And it's absolutely spot-on to remark that this is WoW's 10th anniversary and as such should be scaled to that event, not the following expansion. The level cap for the dungeon should have been 90.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

That can be said in reverse too. You'll have to remember that. That's fine it took you a month, but it's not the same for everyone. ;)

Now this is just an assumption, but I'm assuming Blizz has data on how long it took the average player to get to 90 if they played for a certain amount of hours. A week or two is likely the 'norm', plus the holidays where there will be no school....

Of course, Blizz may extend it longer if there's enough feedback. So rather than be bitter about it being 100, it may be better to ask Blizz to extend it til maybe February or something. It'd be far easier to extend it rather than to scale down the raid.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Junrei wrote:That can be said in reverse too. You'll have to remember that. That's fine it took you a month, but it's not the same for everyone. ;)

Now this is just an assumption, but I'm assuming Blizz has data on how long it took the average player to get to 90 if they played for a certain amount of hours. A week or two is likely the 'norm', plus the holidays where there will be no school....

Of course, Blizz may extend it longer if there's enough feedback. So rather than be bitter about it being 100, it may be better to ask Blizz to extend it til maybe February or something. It'd be far easier to extend it rather than to scale down the raid.
Basically this, if I add all my points together into a big lump of jelly. They've probably got it all planned out now anyway. They've got 2 months till the release. Imo, they've got more important things to be dealing with than scaling a single raid. They've got an entire world to adjust.

I'm guessing I'll be lvl100 by December. All my school holidays will fall just before Draenor is released, until the one at Xmas, so I won't have an entire week of non stop game time. You've just got to take into consideration that it's either your gameplay or a single mount. Are you willing to rush to 100 on one char, and go through slowly on another? Or would you rather take your time? All depends. They can't please everyone playing this game :)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nope. Not like the quests will be going anywhere, imho. Pretty sure I read the Pandaria quests a bazillion times over to the point I don't care anymore. XD I've got like...10+ 90s at the very least...I'm working on my 11th, Titala.

LisaaraPokefarm

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

*looks at the 2 level 90's I have*

Well. Umm...I was gonna level my shammy. Honest!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

*cracks the whip at Kayro*

:P

LisaaraPokefarm

vanilli

Unread post by vanilli »

The thing about WoD people on the beta have leveled in 12+ or less hours and that's with mob camping and such not but not reading the some of the quest text, I don't think 90-100 will take that long even if you read all the quest text and a slow reader. When it hits live I can see a week being the normal leveling speed for most since again on live more people to fight mobs for and people on pvp servers.
And then taking gear into account people grouping to quest and such it shouldn't take to long and most of the areas (again on beta) you have to do all the quests anyways to level for the next area :)
The LFR MC will be around for awhile blizz ins't punishing anyone for the way they level for all we know it might have a really high chance to drop for you the 2nd time you go! So you don't need to run it 378172819 times and on a ton of alts. Also what if they bring it back to? What if people like it so much Blizz feel the need to have it return on a weekend on a monthly base? These are all things we don't know yet :)
And everyone is gonna level at their own speed raiders will naturally go crazy and max asap and then work on gearing their mains then move to alts. Then you got people who don't really mind to much or who won't be raiding from day 1 Blizz is fully aware of all of this so I doubt they would reduce peoples chances to get them :D
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

vanilli wrote:The thing about WoD people on the beta have leveled in 12+ or less hours and that's with mob camping and such not but not reading the some of the quest text, I don't think 90-100 will take that long even if you read all the quest text and a slow reader. When it hits live I can see a week being the normal leveling speed for most since again on live more people to fight mobs for and people on pvp servers.
And then taking gear into account people grouping to quest and such it shouldn't take to long and most of the areas (again on beta) you have to do all the quests anyways to level for the next area :)
The LFR MC will be around for awhile blizz ins't punishing anyone for the way they level for all we know it might have a really high chance to drop for you the 2nd time you go! So you don't need to run it 378172819 times and on a ton of alts. Also what if they bring it back to? What if people like it so much Blizz feel the need to have it return on a weekend on a monthly base? These are all things we don't know yet :)
And everyone is gonna level at their own speed raiders will naturally go crazy and max asap and then work on gearing their mains then move to alts. Then you got people who don't really mind to much or who won't be raiding from day 1 Blizz is fully aware of all of this so I doubt they would reduce peoples chances to get them :D
IIRC, on beta there's accelerated xp. And while most people may be able to get into MC at least once before it expires, for rarer items, like Hatespark, a player will have to rush (possibly multiple characters) in order to better their odds. I can only play 1-2 weeks a month, so I'm going to be rushing a healer to 100 before I do anything else. Having the first pass through the quests being a rushjob kind of takes away from the experience the subsequent characters. And if horde dominates the BG, I'll just be out of luck (if Hogs is still rewarded for a win). And while we don't know if "blizzard will make MC a monthly raid", we also don't know if "blizzard will make a surprise lvl 90 MC", both of those things are pretty unlikely. When there's an unknown, like the drop rate on the farmable items, it's unwise to presume the most personally advantageous scenario.

Rhetorical question: Is this forum really the kind of place where people announce /popcorn whenever other participants are frustrated with something?
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Actually, it HAD to be lvl 100, otherwise you would have to complete it before you started lvling, and then never be able to touch it again once you start lvling.

It's also a carrot to get folks into the game.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Slickrock wrote:Actually, it HAD to be lvl 100, otherwise you would have to complete it before you started lvling, and then never be able to touch it again once you start lvling.
not true.
Blizzard already has a mechanism in place to normalize gear for challenge mode dungeons, so they could pretty easily do the same for this special MC. Anyone over level 90 gets scaled down to 90.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Slickrock

Sukurachi wrote:
Slickrock wrote:Actually, it HAD to be lvl 100, otherwise you would have to complete it before you started lvling, and then never be able to touch it again once you start lvling.
not true.
Blizzard already has a mechanism in place to normalize gear for challenge mode dungeons, so they could pretty easily do the same for this special MC. Anyone over level 90 gets scaled down to 90.
What works for 5 does not necessarily work for 40.
vanilli

Unread post by vanilli »

I think scaling on a 40 man level would be very stressful and naturally mess with a lot of stats for people, I haven't looked to much into WoD so I am unsure if there are any stat caps anymore within the game x.x It would end up being more work for the lv 100's to be ready for a de-scaled raid. Sadly WoW has to side with the masses nowdays. And yes the Beta may take 0 time at all to level but as I said a week still might be the normaleveling time for most people and a month seems normal to Blizz woulda thought it out to ensure as many people get to see the LFR MC and try to get a chance at the items. It shouldn't be a reason to unsub :( People should get to play the game how they feel like screw everything else! I myself don't get much play time now days ... And when I am online I get dragged around doing things that I don't need/want/require ... Even when WoD hits I want to a level a alt over my main but I will have to fight for that and the alt will be in crap gear making questing a lot slower then I like. So even I will be missing out on the MC LFR for awhile and I would love the items and the Raggy thing would look great for one of my alts that is still sitting at level 50 >.< I just hope I can level her in time before WoD D:
There is alot we don't know about the MC raid if the majority of the community fight for it you never know what might happen :)
(Isn't it the player base that decides on flying in WoD anyways?)
Try to think positive and just wait and see what happens :D
Dweezill
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Dweezill »

I am not gonna pick sides here. I see the pros and the cons for both sides. However, we have to realize that not everybody goes to school and gets time off during the holidays. It will make it a lot tougher on people who work and don't get time off during the holidays. I for one work full time and go to classes full time. I don't plan on being leveled in time for the start of the event. However, if it is a raid that can be ran on a daily basis, I am perfectly fine with it. if it's a weekly raid, I would be more inclined to think it is a mistake on Blizz's part. Without knowing all the info about the event, I am not gonna get all bent out of shape... yet. lol
Slickrock

So, the basic message here is, there shouldn't be any reward for those who do put in the time? Why is everyone entitled to everything?
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Slickrock wrote:So, the basic message here is, there shouldn't be any reward for those who do put in the time? Why is everyone entitled to everything?
I don't think that's it at all. What I think people want is to not be penalized because they are limited by other factors (work/school/children/health/etc). But unfortunately when it comes to "limited time" content that is what happens.
But as a game, it should be fun, and not everyone enjoys rushing to get to content that will cease to exists afterwards. On the other hand there are people who do enjoy rushing...

It's really a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. If it was lv 90, then lots of people would be able to participate, but leveling would be on hold, or lv 100 and fewer people, but people would be able to hit WoD and level...

What it REALLY comes down to is that the New limited MC raid is being released at a very bad time.
And, we really don't know if it's a normal weekly lockout or if it can be repeated multiple times a week...which can make a HUGE difference when it comes to drops like pets...the more runs the more drops.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I can understand why people are panicking, even if I am not.

It's not that they want something for nothing, it's just this isn't a normal reward, but an anniversary celebration. And it's for a limited time at a time when an awful lot else is going on and many people fear they simply may not have time to work hard enough to get there by the deadline.

An imperfect analogy might be if you had an anniversary party but held it in Greenland on the same week that your guests already have to attend a wedding in Tasmania. Some are going to panic that they won't have time and it's understandable.

My gut feeling is that unless you can't afford to subscribe for the summer, er winter for most of you, then we'll have plenty of time to get it done in the end, and that it just seems daunting from here. But that IS just a gut feeling.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think if they made it have no weekly lockout that would be best. But as others have said before no ones knows if it will or wont XD
Slickrock

It is just one pet. I wonder if it's cageable.

If it is a weekly lockout, then even the fastest levelers will only have a few shots at it, unless they have piles of alts.

The Corgi is a nicer pet anyway.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

In the Garrison is a guy who sells pots that boost your exp gain by 20% for one hour, if they stay there it will only take about a day for me to get to 100, or ten days for all my alts. Im am going to be so burned out after this :| :lol: :mrgreen:

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Slickrock wrote:It is just one pet.
Some people may not share your opinion on that tho..i mean this IS petopia afterall...people here like pets!
And if its a limited run you can bet those caged pets will be stupid expensive so i think peoples concerns are legit.

I don't like it but I won't panic. Its going to have to be stupid easy for a dungeon too as everyone will be in crap gear...not sure if thats a fitting tribute to the once glorious MC but meh.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~