The Grizz Files (A Hunter Pet Journal)

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

The Grizz Files (A Hunter Pet Journal)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

((After race changing my femworgen 'lock into a gnome my brain decided that I needed another worgen somewhere, only this time a male one as they're a fair amount more tolerable than their female counterparts. Obviously I needed another hunter to collect pets on. :P And so I thought it might be fun to showcase this guy as he levels up (as I'm opting to omit BoAs) and meets his new pet friends. I may or may not try to keep this somewhat RPish as he is currently loping around on Wyrmrest Accord. Feel free to say Hi if you see him around. Without further ado, I present Trayvor "Grizz" Baradyn.))

The human jumps, as if startled. Huh, wha? Oh, sorry, I didn't see you there. I was, uh... I was daydreaming. Who am I? Well, Grizz is the name; or at least the name you can call me. He grumbles something under his breath.

Why yes, I am a rather dapper looking fellow. Why thank yo-- Oh, you're talking to the dog aren't you? He sighs and looks around himself. Well, seeing where I seem to have stumbled upon, I would say that you would like to know about Benjamin here. Raised him from a pup into a proper hunting mastiff; couldn't ask for a more loyal and deserving dog. He likes to sit on my feet and pretend that he's still a puppy from time to time, but he knows when it's time for business. I don't know what I would do without his keen nose and ears, short of having them myself, of course.
Last edited by TygerDarkstorm on Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: The Grizz Files

Well... a rather odd turn of events has happened. Grizz shifts from paw to paw. I um, I seem to have been bitten by a worgen and, well, the curse has turned me into one of them. They used this potion to make me "sentient" again and now the last thing I said about having Benjamin's nose and ears feels rather ironic. They say that Benjamin remained by my side the entire time, his strict loyalty to me (and not turning on me I suppose) being what kept them from shooting me outright and believing I could be saved. Thanks buddy; I think I owe you a lifetime of treats.

I might be a worgen now, but Benjamin will always have a place by my side. Our senses can be combined together to make us an even better hunting team. Time to go see how to function this new form of mine. Ta ta for now.

------

As we fight for control of Gilneas from the Forsaken, stag meat is needed to feed the troops. Unfortunately this means that the does are left in confusion. Some ran, some looked about in puzzlement and fear. And even more sad were the amount of young left behind and unable to fend for themselves. While I could not save them all, I did manage to coax one poor fellow into what I'm sure were very terrifying arms. The succulent leaves and stems I was holding won out in the end I suppose. I've decided to call him Prancer and am hoping to release him into the wild once he grows into a proper adult stag.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Grizz jumps before shaking his head and settling down, though his eyes keep darting from side to side. So much has happened, I don't even know where to begin! Gilneas has basically been leveled and our home all but gone; left in ruins to keep the Horde from overtaking us. A necessary evil, or so they say. He shudders. At least we have made allies in the Night Elves who freed our minds to help keep our "savage beast" at bay. Personally I've found a sort of joy in being what we are; granted, I am grateful I'm not at as big of a risk to just go insane like what happened when I first turned. But I do appreciate what this new self is capable of and I feel that it's now how I identify.

Anyway, my random spouting isn't what you're really here for anyway. Grizz winks. But you'll have to suffer through it a little more before I give you what you're here for. With the Elves and the Alliance being our new allies *snerk* some of us Gilneans/Worgen have set up home base in Darnassus. I quite like it here myself. I can still be around some of my people while enjoying the vast connections to nature the night elf lands feel like they have. Not sure I could ask for much better than to live in a giant tree. That being said, however, I did feel as if I should offer my services to the elves seeing as how they helped us with Gilneas and all and I figure my skills as a huntsman could be employed.

I was correct in my thinking and shipped off via hippogryph (man these things must be incredibly well trained, it didn't even think twice about taking the surly looking worgen with sharp teeth and claws on its back) to Lor'Danel. Things were still in need of cleaning up after the great Cataclysm. Along my travels through Darkshore I ran into a young cub that was prowling around unseen until it pounced upon my back. My first reaction was to grab my bow, but after seeing his resemblance to the mounts of the elves, I instead grabbed for a piece of meat and waved it in front of the cat until he calmed down and backed off. After a steak and some ol' fashioned behind the ear scratches he was purring at my feet in no time, much to Benjamin's amusement.

This guy doesn't have a name yet, but I'm sure one will come to me. I'm thinking with proper training and dedication this guy will be a perfect war mount.

Ho there now, what's this? Walking around with my new cub led me to this gorgeous beauty. There seem to be more of her kind around and I'm thinking I will have to come back and try to tame one of them later. Cub seems okay around them as well so perhaps a potential mating could be had.

[/center]
Raera
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nessingwary

Unread post by Raera »

Very enjoyable, Tyger! I hope you will continue with Grizz's adventures.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thanks Raera. :) I'm hoping to keep working on him little by little now that I've gotten my warlock decently taken care of.

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The worgen stretches and lets out a long sigh. Benjamin curls up near his feet and promptly falls asleep. Hoo doggy let me tell you that getting back to work has been exhausting. But ultimately very rewarding. I'll save ya from a lot of the long boring crap and give ya the highlights.

Grizz sits down, crosses his legs, rests one elbow on his knee, and places his chin on his hand, staring off into the distance. After a moment he shakes his head and refocuses his attention.

Er right, sorry mate, where was I? Mm right, the highlights. Boring stuff aside I decided to pursue a nagging interest in the Ruins of Mathystra. Apparently the Horde has become a wee bit of a problem out that way, sticking their nose in our business and all, and frankly the elves would like to preserve their history, you know? So anyway, Benji and I decide to see what we can do to get some of the trolls out of the way and snag a few artifacts for the elves.
ImageImage

As Benji and I are taking care of business I overhear rumors from the elves about how a cat spirit roams the ruins. People can hear its footfalls and cries and yet no one has ever really seen it. Hm, I wonder if these little doodads have anything to do with that myth? I think I'll put some time into research and come back and check on it ((aka I was too low level at the time to try and tame her xD)).

Again, keeping to the highlights, Benji and I did a bunch of other work for the elves over the months. Prancer grew into a fine stag and was recovering well. Soon he'd be ready to head to the wild. Cub had grown large enough to start training for riding and so I had the elves put him to work. I even got to ride him a couple of times.

Once I had gathered all the research I needed I returned to the ruins. I had found that if one gathered the cat figurines that could occasionally be found scattered about one had a chance of potentially causing the feline to return to the corporeal realm. Curious to see if this was true, I set about hunting down little cat figurines while trying to avoid trolls. Another worgen came to my aid and between the two of us we found out that the myth was true! To my excitement a ghostly snow leopard appeared. We went on the defensive, but the poor creature never attacked. Instead she looked so forlorn and miserable that I quickly put together that she had been haunting the ruins looking for her lost hunter partner. My heart ached for her. Sensing a kindred spirit, I suppose, she strolled over to my side and started rubbing against my legs. I heard a purr rumble from her chest and I knew then that she would follow by my side and I would keep her company until she found her peace.

My mission complete, I took leave for Ashenvale to pursue the next steps of aiding the elves. It was kind of nice being able to have Cub as a mount with Misty by my side. Benjamin understood that she needed to be the center of attention for a little while.

Upon arriving at Ashenvale I determined that this would be the perfect location for Prancer's release to the wild. Deer roamed in plenty, and even looked like him, and it was lush and green. And so with a wave Misty and I wished him the best in his new life.

Grizz shifts and stretches, a large yawn escaping. And now if you'll excuse me, I need some rest.

[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: The Grizz Files (A Hunter Pet Journal)

Unread post by Ana »

Glee pet journales.. Your RP is soo good. Puts Abricots rp to sham :) Glad to see Shadowclaw get some love. I got the same cat on my worgen; Keidran :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: The Grizz Files (A Hunter Pet Journal)

Aw thanks Tarn that means a lot. :hug: :) I'm trying to keep this fairly simple and it's a little bit of a new writing style for me so it's nice to hear that it seems to be working. There's nothing wrong with Abricot's RP; it's something you're fairly new to and the more you practice the better you'll get! (Though I think Abricot's journal is darling. :D) Yeah, I almost never end up actually keeping Shadowclaw, poor guy. :lol: But turning him into a mount seemed like a great way to use him. I feel like Grizz is going to be the kind of guy who has a lot of animals coming and going from his stables, and not because he's just giving them the boot or anything; they're animals that he meets along his journey--some are injured, some just need a friend, etc--and he befriends them for a while and then sends them along their way. It's a good way to let me keep his stables rotating too; and since the animals I know will be swapped out always seem to have a story reason, I don't feel bad for when I "abandon" them down the line because I know I'm not really just "ditching" them; their story has been advanced and I can get a new skin of that family in my stables (not that there's anything wrong with having more than 1 of the same family).

[/center]