How are you entering the portal?

Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

How are you entering the portal?

Unread post by Aquillian »

What pet(s) are you taking? What transmog will you be wearing? What mount? Etc.!

I spent this morning getting my hunter all set to go. Bags are cleared, gear repaired, quest log emptied - I am all set. I'm taking my beloved Chrystaetos of course as she never leaves my active stable, along with Coriander (aka King Krush) and my tanky turtle Deadmeat just in case I need a solid tank. The other two slots are open for new pets in Warlords. Chose my cobalt war talbuk for old time's sake and a nice earthy transmog. And of course, my favorite minipet is by my side too. Here she is, all ready to go:

And to top it all off... it's my birthday! So today is basically a day for all my favorite things. I do have to work the late shift but that means I'll get home just in time to start the expansion :D

What about you?
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: How are you entering the portal?

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I'm going in with my oldest pet, my Moonstalker named Moonfire. He always gets the honor of being first in anything new. I'll also have Loque, probably my green Hydra, My Direhorn tank Sherman, and an open slot. 12.5 hours to go here.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I'll take Nanaki with me, and possibly Cetra (karoma). The other slots will be for taming. Mog is my standard "Tallgrass" set, and will probably use my obsidian nightwing since I'll be questing with friends. Cobalt Talbuk when alone :D

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Well my main is taking Jadefang and my alt hunters are tanking Peanut (color changing brown beetle), BigRed (a red clefthoof), and Smokescale (sha-touched crocolisk) :mrgreen:

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

How will I enter? I'll fly upside down into it and see if I'm right-side up when I'm on the other side :lol:

Transmog-wise, my same mog I always wear (it's so perfect I loathe having even one piece out of place lmao)

Mount-wise, I'll be riding my Blue Proto-Drake into battle! Or maybe I'll do the bear trio and have my polar bear pet and minipet out and ride my white bear through

For my first hunter that will be entering, I'll probably end up pushing my Ice Troll through so I'll have my polar bear; Wletieqi, blue arcane serpent; Swiftwinter, white worg (who will be getting a model upgrade); Snowfall, grey raptor; Striker, and white fox, Bhuinoom~

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I'm going in with just my fluffy boy Spencer, riding my War Wolf!

I've also cleared my bags, repaired, and and got food and pots!
My little ghost kitty is tagging along, too.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Decided I'm going to bring Reznor, my warp stalker. :) He's been an important pet for a long time and it seems fitting, going to Draenor (even though I wish we had seen some new warp stalker models!).

Wearing my purple and green transmog and riding to battle on my Vicious Skeletal Warhorse! (also accompanied by my Ethereal companion so we can grind out those soul credits)

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Cleared some stable slots, cleaned up my bags, finished my mount runs for the week and I'm ready to go! So excited.

--

Might fly through the portal on my time-lost though instead. He's my baby xD

Last edited by Lupen202 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I'm wondering... you people make it sound as though once through the portal we don't get to come back... is this true?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Yeah, once you're in, you're in :lol: :mrgreen:

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

To be honest, I wouldn't put anything past Blizzard.
The quests might be arranged like Vashjir was, where you really couldn't come back at least until you'd done a small part of the opening sequence of quests.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Well, there is always hearthstones, shrouds of co-operation, mage-ports, and other forms of teleportation to return "home". So it's not like you will be stuck forever, but that it might be a little less...convenient at the start.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Picking my pets was really hard this time since I have quite a few important ones now. I am going to bring Phobos of course. He was the first pet I ever had. wandered too far off the path and got attacked by a moonstalker runt at level ten during my free trial. :D I don't often use him since i run with spirit beasts but its a rule that I take him to explore each new xpack with me.
I am also bringing Nexus (skoll) for my go to heals, my newly tamed red shale spider Rye. (a literal pronunciation of the RI (Robotic Intelligences) unit I named him after :P) Sith, my black hydra who has been waiting for me forever, and Caracal, a white stag that is supposed to be my druid alt in travel form. in personal lore my druid and hunter are old friends teaming up to fight off the Iron horde.
I assume I will eventualy stable some of them so i can try out new tames along the way.

as for mounts i think i will start off with Galakras. I managed to get him last Sunday, reaching my goal of finishing off soo before the xpack. I think he will fit in well. :D

For mini pets I will probably be switching between Chronodormi and her Infinite counterpart, Warp.

I will be using the only xmog I have- its quite fitting since its from BC. Although I will also be sporting my new flaming wings as well.
ahh! I'm camped out by the portal right now. I cant wait. this is the first time i have been able to be there during the launch. after reading the posts here I have decided that I must now fly in upside down too! :lol:

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I ended up entering "as is".

And of course, the server crashed! LOL I guess it's to be expected.
Here I am staying up until 3AM to experience for the first time a "launch event".

At least the opening quests are actually pretty easy.

"Step on no pets!"

Imoogi
Realm: Sentinels

Unread post by Imoogi »

Didn't see this post until I was logging off for work this morning. I went through in my normal post apocalypse getup. Riding my warlords deathchopper, and I brought with me Diremaw (chrommagus) and Patchwerk (Chimaeron). So you could say I rode in like a boss, with bosses at my side.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I figure I'll try to head through the portal this evening. I'll be bringing Grumpy (King Krush) and either Trixie (blue direhorn) or Bernie (Terrorpene) or Bituminous (Jadefang) for tanky duty. I may bring Peck (Mazzranache) along too, just for old times sake. I've had him since my hunter was a young fella leveling in Mulgore and back in the days of having to level pets, he was the first pet I got to max level in all but one expansion.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I ended up going on my Scribe alt (my main is a Leathercrafter). and ended up going in with basically Pandaria crafted gear with a few somewhat better-quality quest rewards. I started the WoD starter area with an iLevel of 480, and ended up at 525 just from the quest rewards.

It was fun, a LOT hectic, and now, I don't have to worry about not having access to the rest of the world: my garrison is started!

"Step on no pets!"

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

:cry: ive been in que for almost 10hours - 2 from dcing and back into que.. even before the portal opening..