What is THE pet to get in WoD?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: What is THE pet to get in WoD?

Unread post by Rhyela »

One of those new raptor models. I think the dark green one with purple eyes is speaking to me. After all these years, FINALLY a raptor model that I can say I really, really like. :3

Oh, if you meant THE pet for everyone in general.....yeah, probably Gara. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

My stable before Sentinel's Companion pet came out:

Gara
White Saddled Clefthoof (named Baymax <3)
Sporebat (raid buffs, sigh)
Amethyst Shale Spider
Amaukwa

My Stable after Sentinel's Companion came out:

Gara
White Saddled Clefthoof, Baymax
Sporebat (though I never seem to need to use it, ever, so...)
Amethyst Shale Spider
Ban'thalos came out of the stable <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
^^^ I put these two out all the time with their pretty 8)
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

For me, the sleeper hit has been my plain old green hydra. I just... love her. I like the noises she makes (the faint singing quality is actually kind of pretty), I love her animations, she's not really too big or too small, and doesn't make obnoxious noises constantly that you can't turn off (draenor wolves, looking at you here). Yeah, 'mastery' isn't great and as BM i should be using an exotic anyway, but I just can't NOT use my hydra. I'm also fond of my purpleblack/green hook wasp. He's badass, and DOESN'T make that incessant wing-rattling noise present in the other wasp models (which since they broke sound muting and I can't find out how to replace it, means most wasps are a no-go for me.)

As for Gara though... She's pretty but a) everyone and their brother has her at this point, and b) spirit beasts kinda get hosed in the stat abilities arena so there isn't a major reason to use one over say... my hydra. 8D (it's not like the stealth or heal is really a big deal in a dungeon/raid...)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I love Gara, but purple's my favorite color (clearly, I have a purple bias...).

I adore my lavender/pink moth. >_> The wolves are great. Got a halloween kitty...

I don't know if there's any ONE pet to get, and I think that's what I like most.

Though, dang, my shale spider has a sweet ability.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Nachtwulf wrote:For me, the sleeper hit has been my plain old green hydra. I just... love her. I like the noises she makes (the faint singing quality is actually kind of pretty), I love her animations, she's not really too big or too small, and doesn't make obnoxious noises constantly that you can't turn off (draenor wolves, looking at you here). Yeah, 'mastery' isn't great and as BM i should be using an exotic anyway, but I just can't NOT use my hydra.
I feel the same way about my red hydra! I'm always BM, but he's out the most often of all my pets. I think the only exotics I really feel attached to this xpac are my two clefthooves. Gara is very pretty, and I did the quests to see what they're all about, but I've never really clicked with spirit beasts (though I do like my red porcupine and he sometimes comes adventuring with me).

I actually enjoy the ambient wolf sounds, but I'm glad the Draenor hydras are silent; I don't like the sounds the Old World hydras make.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

At least the old world hydras can be shushed with the 'turn off pet noise' thing in the control panel. For some reason though, it doesn't affect draenor pets, so they still make noises. My rylak is chuffy but the dang wolf I got just never shuts up. He sounds asthmatic! Sadly it doesn't work on wasp buzzing or the constant rumble of fiery core hounds either (the latter isn't offensive in an obvious way but when it goes away I'm suddenly very aware it's gone and glad of it...)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I admit that I can't handle noisy pets. I'm okay with an occasional idle sound, but I find hydras to be infuriatingly noisy (the old-world ones anyway, haven't tried a Draenor one yet). Also, my first Draenor wolf tame happened to be a Killmaw Pup, which makes puppy sounds in combat, but no idle sounds. I didn't realize how great that was until I also tamed a regular wolf to compare their combat sounds (just in case I was crazy and only thought they were different), and heard that that regular wolf didn't shut up while idle! Drove me insane! *huggles strange-puppy-barking-but-otherwise-silent-full-sized wolf* :lol:

And yes, I have a hard time with core hounds for that same reason, and also rhinos back when they had that obnoxious STOMP STOMP STOMP, and my neat flaming boar because it constantly sizzled.....the list goes on. :lol:

What's odd is that IRL, I have a cat that chats with everyone ALL THE TIME, yet I find it endearing. Go figure. :P

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Sabrewulff

Unread post by Sabrewulff »

Looks like its the Thanks for playing wow, have a free spirit beast (Gara) that everyone wants, and i mean EVERYONE. There are so many hunters with this pet now its unreal. Hope they come out with a real one soon.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Lets not start that again, please.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sabrewulff

Yes lets not or else some one will not intentionally troll this topic too the point where it gets locked because they don't agree with the opinions of some one else.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I dunno, if you want one you have to camp, go back and look for one that's for camping. I keep looking for Krush even today 'cause I had him a long time ago but released him back when stables were a lot smaller. SBs aren't even that great anymore (only one stat boost) and there's already more types of them than there are of any other exotic, so... meh? Anyway, the SBs in MoP were always up and just took some effort to get (much less than Gara). /shrug

Sabrewulff

yea all i want is some NEW ones that you have to camp or be lucky enough to stumble upon
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Well on my hunters atm I have...

Castile (Alliance)
-Tiff an armoured brown wolf (i lvled with a plain one so this one is my lvl 100 "upgrade")
-Redcat a black/red striped tiger (named after the character in Red Dog)
-The blue terrorclaw (I forget what I named her) but shes the epic in Talador and I love her colours
-Okami Gara the spirit beast!
-Chromie my corehound from BWL (same model as the chromatic one) I use her for the heroism buff when I solo

Castilian (horde)
-Snow a white frostwolf

I havent got many on my horde yet as she's lvling and I tend to keep my slots free incase I see a cool pet to tame along the way. I do want to tame a saddled Icehoof on her tho as I think they are very cute! And a red talbuk as I really want that mount for her. I also found this xpac I've "bonded" with very ordinary pet skins like Tiff and Snow so I guess at the end of the day THE pet to have really depends on who you bond with as a hunter - not neccasarily a rare skin :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

my main hunter only has:
Gara
new model green raptor
new model purple hydra
kil'uun

- not 2 fond of the newer ones like i was earlyer before wod was not released. tho wow got boring real fast because of the garrisons ruining proffesions ect
Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Myrrmi (dwarfette, main-main) stays true to her spirit bear, and only gets new pets for possible utility and "hell I've got all this stablespace for SOME REASON surely". She's tamed quite a bunch, but I can't really recal any of them being special enough to mention. Just a "oh, shiny! /cast tame beast" spree :D

Myrrona (orcess, hordeside-main) on the other hand got herself a new THE PET - an Amaukwa named Lunarfall. She's also get herself a froswolf called Frostfang, a Gara and will be getting a white clefthoof when I feel like it, but it's Lunarfall that's became her soulmate more than anypet else.
Now she only needs a snow-white furry headpiece and she's all set with a snow-white furry mount, pet and gear set :D

I know that in theory Gara is THE PET of WoD, but somehow I can't bond with her. She looks more like an inkbeast than a shadow to me, sadly :/ I wish we could tame her uncorrupted form, or cleanse her somehow...

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
jensketch
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by jensketch »

Is bad that I almost want to have Ban'thalos as my SB/Mastery pet instead of Gara? Not because everyone has her (on Stormrage, I hardly see her at all, go figure) but because I just.. love Ban'thalos. So beautiful. I think I'd like Gara more... if she weren't purple. (*GASP* I cannot believe I said that out loud b/c purple is my favorite color but omg, that beautiful ghostly spirit white was PERFECT).

And I gotta admit, I wish my Shale Spider wasn't so useful and good, because their noises during combat grate on my last nerve ever, but they are the best tanks, ever, hands down, ever ever.

And I love, love love my Baymax.

But you know, I really just wish we could have what we wanted and not be tied down to buffs. I really like the Cataclysm wolf models. -_-
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

jensketch wrote:Is bad that I almost want to have Ban'thalos as my SB/Mastery pet instead of Gara? Not because everyone has her (on Stormrage, I hardly see her at all, go figure) but because I just.. love Ban'thalos. So beautiful. I think I'd like Gara more... if she weren't purple. (*GASP* I cannot believe I said that out loud b/c purple is my favorite color but omg, that beautiful ghostly spirit white was PERFECT).

And I gotta admit, I wish my Shale Spider wasn't so useful and good, because their noises during combat grate on my last nerve ever, but they are the best tanks, ever, hands down, ever ever.
I use my red spirit porcupine if I want to run with a SB. But I would much rather use my WoD hydra if I want +Mastery. Heck, I use my hydra most of the time anyways. ;)

Gara is gorgeous, and I will keep her in my stables, but I don't feel any attachment to her at all.

I can't use shale spiders, even though I have two. The noises get to me. ;)
Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

I fell in love with the one of the saddled wolves you can find at the shore in south-west Nagrand!
I wish elekks would be tamable, I just LOVE their WoD model, so glad that horde can get the mounts too! :D

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU