Magria/Ankha Spawn Point

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nanluin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Magria/Ankha Spawn Point

Unread post by Nanluin »

For those still on the hunt for Magria/Ankha, this post is primarily to confirm what others have said in a few scattered posts about taming them. That is, although others have figured this out before me, it may be helpful to clarify. Firstly, their paths are now clearly indicated in Wowhead:

Ankha: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=54318

Magria: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=54319

But where to camp in order to have the best shot at getting them? A few days ago, Sesrei stated in this Taming Stories post that she saw both Magria and Anhka spawn near the same yellow / golden tree on the hill near the portal leading to the Firelands (far west end of their paths).

I had missed that post, and so for my camps of these two spirit beasts, I placed myself about 1/3 of the way along their path from its western end, at a natural "choke point" in their path set between the large cliff to the north, and a rounded, rocky hill to the south, with the space in between relatively free of aggressive mobs (roughly at 32, 52).

Each time NPCScan went off (with an actual new spawn, not a pet), the beast was pathing west to east, down from the hill with the golden tree. This happened first with Magria, and then with Ankha a couple of days later, and I was able to do both tames without difficulty**.

So if you are still hunting for these cats, I would recommend hanging out on the western end of their path in order to catch them freshly spawned. The air is clearer over there anyway.

-- Nanluin

** Footnote: I would never have come up with the trick of removing all armor myself, so I thank whoever figured that one out. I would have been trying all sorts of kites and such, through an aggressive mob-infested area, trying to pull off the tame. As it was, I had an "Armorless" set already established in equipment manager, so just had to pop into it, drop down, dismount, and tame. Well....Ankha kept running out of tame range (they do move quickly along their path), but I got her on the third attempt to pause running and hit Tame Beast.
Last edited by Nanluin on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
talonkylor
Realm: Drenden

Re: Magria/Ankha Spawn Point

Unread post by talonkylor »

Good luck, i personally only want the owl , not sure if i would even bother with more cat skin sb's
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

This is good info. I've just started the hunt for Magria and was wondering with as many mobs that are in her path, how anyone was able to drop with no equipment and tame. Just have to find the good spot I guess :-)
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I just use the Equipment manager to quickly remove or equip my gear.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I've been camping in a very similar spot when I sit around waiting. There's normally no mobs around to get in the way if you spot the cats.

Would make sense that they spawn up the hill as the one day while doing dailies I had made a round and neither were up. I landed at the end closest to the Molten Front portal and began to kill when I saw a bright blue kitty come casually wandering past me. I followed it for a bit just to see the pathing and watched a few people attack and promptly die. Eventually a Hunter came a long and nabbed it.

I'm still after Ankha. I haven't seen either cat in a week of checking. =(
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I definitely KNOW that they spawn here, as I've camped the spot and gotten a Magria spawn out of it thrice (yes, Ankha hates me...) As for another spawn, I'm not sure, I've only ever heard of this spot.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Curious. While I sit here doing my daily browse of forums/etc, I noticed a golden swirl + sparkle effect in the bush by the yellow tree. Has anyone else camping Magria/Ankha seen it? I just happened to catch it out of the corner of my eye. Nothing happened. There were no nodes up at all.

Am I going nuts already?
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

umm maybe the golden swirl effect is a hunter eagle eyeing the spot?

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Exact spawn spot below. I was chilling there since I suspected that to be a spawn point, and suddenly a giant white cat fades into existence in front of me. At first, I thought my own Ankha had become summoned somehow.
Attachments
At first, I was VERY confused.
At first, I was VERY confused.
WoWScrnShot_070811_043124.jpg (504.54 KiB) Viewed 7649 times
Another perspective of the same spot.
Another perspective of the same spot.
WoWScrnShot_070811_165113.jpg (464.73 KiB) Viewed 7649 times
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I wonder why NPC Scan hasn't added the new rares yet, or even there spawn zone.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Likely due to it being hunter only. Most hunters who use NPCscan tend to be the sort who go find IDs or keep up with notes. Or RL at them.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Hunter rares are added eventually, but it takes a while (see: the 'starter' Cata rares).
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I was just about to post the exact spawn point. Decided to sit on the edge of the hill staring at the yellow tree and not long later a yellow dot appeared. My heart jumped and then I realized it was a blue cat, not white.

They spawn behind the tree/bushes towards the up slope. Good to actually get my own personal confirmation. Just sad it was the wrong cat.

Three Magria seen. One Ankha.
Winchesterr
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Winchesterr »

Wow! I have been waiting for Magria for so long, everytime one of those beautiful kitties spawn its ALWAYS Ankha, I have like 4 Ankhas in my stable because no one wants her and I hate just seeing her wander, I have to give her a home! No luck with Magria yet though, Ankha literally just spawned on Feathermoon.
Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

That's a good camping spot OP! That's about where I found both Ankha and Magria. I believe Magria had started to patrol a little further down.

To those still waiting, don't forget to take all of your gear off! Their attacks scale based on armor and will destroy you :D