WANTED!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

WANTED!

Unread post by Wain »

Hi guys,

I'd like some help please to determine the tameability status of a few beasts for their inclusion in Petopia. These are ones that appear during the Horde starting zone quests which I already did. I'm unlikely to be levelling another Horde hunter in the near future. If anyone is planning to do so then your help would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

[table=border:1px solid silver; border-collapse:collapse;padding:5px 10px;][tr][td]Name[/td]
[td]Family[/td]
[td]NPC ID[/td]
[td]Notes[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Thunderhoof[/td]
[td]Clefthoof[/td]
[td]76389[/td]
[td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Chilltongue[/td]
[td]Rylak /
Chimaera[/td]
[td]76477[/td]
[td]This is Fenris's rylak. Wowhead still classes it as a chimaera and says it's tameable. It appears with Fenris during a quest event at Grom'gar, where you have to kill both. Need to check family as well as tameability.[/td][/tr]

[table]
[tr][td]Icewing Drift-Hunter[/td]
[td]Rylak /
Chimaera
[/td]
[td]80227[/td]
[td]These rylaks are located around the garrison area but phase out once you complete the garrison. You'd have to level to 92 without completing the garrison if you wanted to try to tame one. Wrongly flagged as chimaeras.[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Icewing Rylak[/td]
[td]Rylak[/td]
[td]80034[/td]
[td]Individuals appear infrequently and apparently randomly. Not regularly present.[/td][/tr][/table]
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: WANTED!

Unread post by Dialga »

Chilltongue's ID that you're looking at on wowhead is actually an unused ID - the one used in game is untameable.

Unused: (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=76477/chilltongue) Used: (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=74660/chilltongue)

As for the Icewing Drift-Hunter, I have run around looking for those on my shaman when she was a wee babe 90 who didn't have a garrison, but I never saw any rylaks in the area at all. I might not have looked hard enough, but the only ones I saw were the unphased ones outside the garrison that weren't the ones I was looking for. I think those rylaks never made it into game.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK thanks :) Oddly the Chilltongue you list as used is the one that Wowhead doesn't show a map for. So I had assumed it was unused. But that can just be old data they never updated (four years in and they still haven't updated Thunderstomp with a map despite multiple bug reports!)
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Actually Wain you may be right - I looked up a live video of the Iron Wolf quest (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeW3nMZ9rqg) and the name of the mob is just Chilltongue like the ID I thought was unused, without the <Iron Wolf Mount> surname. Perhaps he is tameable and I remembered wrong? I thought I recalled Beast Lore'ing Chilltongue on my hunter during the quest but it's been a few months so I could be quite incorrect.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh he's probably not. I just wanted to be sure before I put the data up :)
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I may actually have a horde hunter who's not done the quests yet. I will check and report back

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

zedxrgal

Sorry for the double post but I am SO EXCITED!!! You can add /keep the Icewing Drift-Hunter and Icewing rylak on the tamable list

A wonderful friend of mine kindly ran through the Draenor starting quests just to check the Icewing Drift-Hunters. Yes she is only level 90. However! She could still beast lore AND hit tame. If she got the "Creature too high level too tame" (or something along those lines) then for sure that bad boy is tamable.
Here are her two screen shots confirming this. She emailed them to me with full use permission. (THANK YOU BITTY! :hug: )
Bitka creature check (1).jpg
Bitka creature check (1).jpg (278.63 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Bitka creature check (2).jpg
Bitka creature check (2).jpg (254.24 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
She wouldn't have got the error message if they weren't tamable. :D

Now for the SUPER EXCITING NEWS! I found and tamed not one but two Icewing Rylaks. They are where the map says. However there's a catch. A little trick Blizzard put it to make it fun. They fly down from the mysterious beyond and .................. get this ................ are snatched from the sky by a Engorged Ice Lurker and eaten!!! That's why you cannot find them. The Icewing Rylaks (and it's only one at a time) spawn about every 7-15 minutes that I saw. When I first saw it I was like "Am I just wishing that it was there?". Nope!!! So. Found. Tamable.
Icewing Rylak (1).jpg
Icewing Rylak (1).jpg (318.81 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Icewing Rylak (2).jpg
Icewing Rylak (2).jpg (300.04 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Icewing Rylak (3).jpg
Icewing Rylak (3).jpg (321.73 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
I did keep my tamed Icewing Rylak. Named him Hopalong. *snerk*

Two down. Two to go.

Again huge thanks to my friend and guildmate Bitka for going through the Draenor starter quests just for two screen shots and to listen to her friend SQUEEE madly at her findings.[/color]

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wow, awesome detective work! Thank you :)
zedxrgal

No problem! :hug: I'm going to run my level 90 hunter through the other quests to check and see if the other two are actually tamable. I'm also hoping for a garrison invasion to check on the armored rylak that is apart of that and see if that's tamable or what.

zedxrgal

Thunderhoof is a no can do. Family tamable but he's not. Already controlled.
Sorry for the messy screen shots but a lot was going on. lol
WoWScrnShot_021415_155944.jpg
WoWScrnShot_021415_155944.jpg (358.42 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
WoWScrnShot_021415_160038.jpg
WoWScrnShot_021415_160038.jpg (341.22 KiB) Viewed 3451 times
Hopefully I can head straight into Grom'gar and start that line w/out completing the WHOLE quest line from Wor'gol and Bladespire Fortress. Cause that would take forever.
I've a sneaking suspicion Chilltongue will be the same as Thunderhoof and be tamable family but the beast himself already controlled.

Will make another report when I know more.[/color]

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks very much! This is a lot of work you've done. Very much appreciated :)

Of note, there are at least two versions of Chilltongue in the game. I'd forgotten that when I commented to Dialga above. Apparently the 74660 one is already on Petopia, even though Wowhead doesn't have a map for it. The 76477 is the one we don't have recorded, even though Wowhead does have a map for that!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Speaking of garrison invasion rylaks, we've already checked the two common ones (that seem to show up in any invasion):
Darkwing Scavengers for Alliance and Icemaw Scavengers for Horde.

Neither tameable.

I'm not sure which one (if any) the Burning Blade Rylak shows up in, however. That's the armored rylak that looks like the mount. According to the map it seems to be Alliance garrison-only, though. Maybe it's the Alliance version of the Iron Horde invasion, or maybe it's some one-off garrison event (like the initial invasion you get at lower level?). I'm not sure. Just guessing.
zedxrgal

Regarding the two Chilltongues. I am betting the ID 74660 where the location is unknown is the Chilltongue flying over the Wor'gol event. He is targetable (is that even a word? lol) but you cannot beast lore him or attack him. He just flies around. The Iron Wolf, his rider, shouts at you during the Wor'gol battle. I believe you kill his mate Giantslayer Zhakta (?) and he shouts he will avenge her death.

I haven't got my little gobbie gal to Grom'gar yet so I suspect I need to do all the other stuff first. Which is a bummer. :|

My alliance main already did the quest for the invasion of her garrison and nothing like it has ever popped back up so far. I may try to run a different 90 but if I recall correctly to get to that point in the game is pretty timely.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Wain wrote:Speaking of garrison invasion rylaks, we've already checked the two common ones (that seem to show up in any invasion):
Darkwing Scavengers for Alliance and Icemaw Scavengers for Horde.

Neither tameable.

I'm not sure which one (if any) the Burning Blade Rylak shows up in, however. That's the armored rylak that looks like the mount. According to the map it seems to be Alliance garrison-only, though. Maybe it's the Alliance version of the Iron Horde invasion, or maybe it's some one-off garrison event (like the initial invasion you get at lower level?). I'm not sure. Just guessing.
NOTE: This contains spoilers for the garrison campaign. If you don't want to ruin the chain, stop reading now.

I believe I have located the Burning Blade Rylak on Horde side and it is likely the same on the Alliance as well. During the garrison campaign quest, "A Stolen Heart" (might be named differently for Alli) Azuka Bladefury attacks your garrison to steal the Heart of Gorgorek. During the encounter a Burning Blade Rylak hovers over your garrison (npc ID 86555 if I did it correctly). Targetable but not attackable. It is classed as a Beast and cannot be Beast Lored.
Once Azuka hits 70% health she jumps up on the rylak, which then swoops down and flies off with the chest containing the heart.

Link to the first picture so you can zoom in and see the text more clearly.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/ ... g~original

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh that's brilliant, thanks Varethyn!

So that explains why it was only showing on the Lunarfall map. The Horde is a separate ID and I'd missed it.

I guess we can assume the Alliance one is going to be the same. I'll add them both to the spreadsheet as not attackable/untameable.

Thanks again :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Looks like that's it for me on the PTR.

My Alliance toon... suddenly every time I try to hearth to my garrison it sends me to ALTERAC VALLEY. HTF does it even pick that location? How could that possibly be entered in any code where it might pick it? Who knows! Oh and then it sinks me through the world and crashes the client. Every time. :P

My Horde toon... I tried to faction change. It removed my level 3 garrison and is forcing me to do the starting zone all over again and presumably build a new garrison from scratch. I hope it's not like that on live or I'd be furious. As it is, frack that. I've done it too many times already ;P

Rant over ;)
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Sounds like the first issue is related to one on live that appears to have cropped up just recently. Friends, guildies, raid members, and I have all has issues lately in which we end up plonked down in some odd location within the garrison. Releasing after a wipe during a raid, 'returning' from a lfg dungeon, and finalizing an upgrade on a garrison building all seem to have a chance to plop you down in the herb garden, Menagerie, or deep in the mine in a Horde garrison.

As far as I know, faction changing intentionally makes you go through the original garrison stuff again.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Wain wrote:Oh that's brilliant, thanks Varethyn!

So that explains why it was only showing on the Lunarfall map. The Horde is a separate ID and I'd missed it.

I guess we can assume the Alliance one is going to be the same. I'll add them both to the spreadsheet as not attackable/untameable.

Thanks again :)
Not a problem :) I was excited to see it fly down the first time I did the quest (I didn't know it was there at first and needed to abandon and redo it a few times) after seeing that it was one you were looking for. Glad to have been of help!

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

Chilltounge is tameable I don't remember what he was classifed as but the Rylacks above the hold are Chimareas. I tamed one and was disappointed with the buff as I thought it was the same as the rylack.
zedxrgal

Do you have screen shots of the tame Tankperson??? Unfortunately if you don't we cannot take your word as proof that Chilltongue himself is tamable. His family I am fairly certain is. But the beast himself I am willing to bet will give the error message that he's already controlled like Thunderhoof is.